FASTPASS no longer distributed at the Studios evening Extra Magic Hours

luvlifeinfl

EMH are supposed to be for resort guests only, so people who are staying off property can get a FP at 5pm and have an excuse to stay until 12 at night and CMs would let them.... just my guess though :(

I understand that EMH are for resort guest and discontinuing the FP becasue the only ones being in the park should be resort guest and that is keeping it fair.

I have been in parks during EMH and have seen guest go through the ride queue that did not prove they are staying on site. So my point is if they are going to take away FP I get it, but what is the parks doing to enforce not allowing non-resort guest to still ride, they no longer do the wristebands and now you have to show your KTTK. I just hope it is effective.

One last thought I thought that was the purpose of EMH anyway, that you would not have a long wait for a ride, so i agree that FP would not be needed.

MKCP 1985

If Fastpass was used at 100% effeciency by 100% of the guests your overall wait time would not change. However it cannot be used at 100% effeciency by 100% of the guests - that concept is impossible. What people oppose is that if they arrive late, or otherwise don't/can't use it (perhaps backtracking around the park is difficult) it makes the lines longer.

You know, that is a good reminder. If the parks were willing to strictly enforce the expiration time on fastpasses uniformly, it would speed up the standby line.

That's another possible explanation for why the fastpass line is so long at the end of the night - guests saving and using fast passes whose return time has expired. The last I read (several months ago) the only attraction aggressively enforcing the use of fast passes within the actual return window was Soarin'. Don't know if that is still the case, but it may be. :shrug:

WDWfreak89

this is all news to me and I work at DHS... I was telling guest all day to come back at when EMH starts because nobody informed me. Oops lol See this is why you shouldnt always blame the CM because sometimes they are just not informed

Monsterfan99

You know, that is a good reminder. If the parks were willing to strictly enforce the expiration time on fastpasses uniformly, it would speed up the standby line.

That's another possible explanation for why the fastpass line is so long at the end of the night - guests saving and using fast passes whose return time has expired. The last I read (several months ago) the only attraction aggressively enforcing the use of fast passes within the actual return window was Soarin'. Don't know if that is still the case, but it may be. :shrug:
Last Wednesday, there was no problem using a "past the time window" FP on Soarin'.

Phonedave

How did it work when they did use FP during PM EMH ?

If EMH starts at 9:00 PM and I went up to the FP machine at 7 PM, and it was offering me 9:30 PM, how would it know if I was staying on property and allow me to get a Fastpass, or would it just spit one out and if I could not use it, the tough?

And yes, for some people it can read the KTTW card I guess, but I have an AP - how does (or did) it know where I am staying.

-dave

GenerationX

We were at DHS for Wednesday night's EMH. They were not distributing FastPasses for times beyond the posted park close time (9:00pm). TSMM was still at 60 min in the Standby line when we checked it at 10:30pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom