FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

The real rescueranger

….it was I believe in the early 00’s?

may not be as significant as you think. Guest comm was much better then than now (they actually compensated people for PR purposes)…so that’s gone.

and what’s “numerous”? Enough to put a dent in 20,000 on property rooms at the time? How about the hundreds off property?

do you recall the exact date?…let me test a theory…
Sorry, can’t remember a date. I have slept a few nights since then. As far as numerous, of course they didn’t give me a number but it must have been quite a few to make that big of a change. I mean they didn’t just bring back early mornings but added evening hours too. I know Disney well enough that wasn’t just from the goodness of their hearts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Sorry, can’t remember a date. I have slept a few nights since then. As far as numerous, of course they didn’t give me a number but it must have been quite a few to make that big of a change. I mean they didn’t just bring back early mornings but added evening hours too. I know Disney well enough that wasn’t just from the goodness of their hearts.
I think that was in the dot.com/2002 double dip recession…is why I asked.

DisneyDodo

It would be nice if you could use the app to stand in a virtual line while also standing in a physical line
This is how RotR boarding groups work, which is why it's such a disaster. Disney should not allow guests holding a RotR BG to ride any other attraction. This would prevent all the BGs from going in 10 seconds. Instead, guests would grab several hours worth, then demand would slow, as guests wouldn't want to tie themselves up for the rest of the day. Over the course of the day, guests would slowly and steadily reserve the remaining BGs. This would work exactly the way a physical line does, except for the fact that you don't have to be standing in a physical line for hours! And the guests without BGs wouldn't get stuck in line for other attractions behind people with them.

Jeff4272

This is how RotR boarding groups work, which is why it's such a disaster. Disney should not allow guests holding a RotR BG to ride any other attraction. This would prevent all the BGs from going in 10 seconds. Instead, guests would grab several hours worth, then demand would slow, as guests wouldn't want to tie themselves up for the rest of the day. Over the course of the day, guests would slowly and steadily reserve the remaining BGs. This would work exactly the way a physical line does, except for the fact that you don't have to be standing in a physical line for hours! And the guests without BGs wouldn't get stuck in line for other attractions behind people with them.
but what if your return time isnt until an hour before closing? Then you made a park reservation, paid for a ticket but cant go on any rides?

Yeah that makes sense

Rickcat96

Problem is capacity, Paid lines wont fix that, why fix capacity if they can make money to charge for the line that used to be free? I see a disaster.

UNCgolf

but what if your return time isnt until an hour before closing? Then you made a park reservation, paid for a ticket but cant go on any rides?

Yeah that makes sense

He was saying they wouldn't fill up immediately because people wouldn't get them early in the day specifically for that reason.

I don't see how it would work in practice, though, because all the groups go in 5-10 seconds. You wouldn't know that the early groups were already booked when you were also trying to get one in that 10 second window.

Jeff4272

He was saying they wouldn't fill up immediately because people wouldn't get them early in the day specifically for that reason.

I don't see how it would work in practice, though, because all the groups go in 5-10 seconds. You wouldn't know that the early groups were already booked when you were also trying to get one in that 10 second window.
Yeah that's what I meant............It's impossible.

bcoachable

I will give you one. It was the year that they did away with early entry for resort guests and started doing character caravans. When I found out, I called and canceled my trip. I told the CM why I was canceling and that I would probably not return unless some changes were made. I wasn’t expecting any changes. I am just one person, no big deal right? Well a while later I received a call from Disney. I can’t remember what branch called me but they wanted to know my feedback on the change. I gave them my complaints and she confirmed to me that there had been numerous cancellations and that there were meetings going on to rectify the situation. Well that was when extra magic hours was born. I was actually given a code to use to get a discount on my package should I decide that I wanted to go. We did. There is now way they made that big of a change over a measly few cancellations. There must have been many. So it has happened and if people hit them in the pocketbook, they will pay attention.
Ahh- the good old days!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Yeah that makes sense
It’s all moot

they don’t have enough ride capacity to have everyone be in “two lines” at once.

this is a numbers game Iger lost…

“tried to lose”…actually.
Eventually this will be clear even on Disney can sites

hopemax

….it was I believe in the early 00’s?

may not be as significant as you think. Guest comm was much better then than now (they actually compensated people for PR purposes)…so that’s gone.

and what’s “numerous”? Enough to put a dent in 20,000 on property rooms at the time? How about the hundreds off property?

do you recall the exact date?…let me test a theory…
It was a post 9/11 decision. It was also one of the first post 9/11 cutbacks to be reversed, basically 1 year to the date they announced it was gone. It came back October 1, 2002.

Fido Chuckwagon

Yeah that's what I meant............It's impossible.
It's simple. An intermediate load screen: "Congratulations, you have been assigned boarding group #72. Please note the estimated loading time for this boarding group is between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM. You will be unable to board any other rides while awaiting your return. Press 'Yes" to accept this boarding group. Press 'No' to reject it. Please note. If you reject this boarding group you may try again later."

They'll never do it, but it's certainly not impossible.

DisneyDodo

Yeah that makes sense
My point is that nobody would book that at the beginning of the day. When the BGs get too late, people will stop reserving. This is how literally every other ride works. If you want to go on FoP, not only do you have to wait ~3 hours until your turn, you also can't ride anything else in the meantime. It sucks, but that's also why the line isn't 8 hours and why some people choose not to ride FoP every single time they enter DAK, even if they like the ride. If Disney adopted my proposal, someone could walk into DHS at 2pm, see that the next available BG for RotR is for ~6pm, and decide whether they'd rather wait or ride other things instead. But if they choose to wait, they would have the added luxury of being able to walk around, eat, shop, or even go back to the hotel in the meantime.

DisneyDodo

They'd have to change the system . Instead of releasing the BGs right away, let people line up for it at park open (like anything else). Once enough guests enter the queue, offer the next ones BGs instead (if they want it). Once the initial crowd dies down, BGs could become available on the app for people not physically at the entrance

DisneyDodo

It's simple. An intermediate load screen: "Congratulations, you have been assigned boarding group #72. Please note the estimated loading time for this boarding group is between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM. You will be unable to board any other rides while awaiting your return. Press 'Yes" to accept this boarding group. Press 'No' to reject it. Please note. If you reject this boarding group you may try again later."

They'll never do it, but it's certainly not impossible.
They'd have to change the system . Instead of releasing the BGs right away, let people line up for it at park open (like anything else). Once enough guests enter the queue, offer the next ones BGs instead (if they want it). Once the initial crowd dies down, BGs could become available on the app for people not physically at the entrance
Either of these could work

bcoachable

It’s all moot

they don’t have enough ride capacity to have everyone be in “two lines” at once.

this is a numbers game Iger lost…

“tried to lose”…actually.
Eventually this will be clear even on Disney can sites
Did he though?? They are about to make bank on no investment what so ever….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom