FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff4272

But that absolutely is so. I am one that believes there is a “breaking point”…but they are nowhere close as it stands. I think you don’t understand the mentality of the customer base that well. They don’t fret their budget by and large and want it that way. The beast feeds the beast.

And?

they really don’t have much problem filling rooms (there have been some exceptions in the past…but they fixed it)…so what would it matter?

you think there is any scenario where they are sitting at 40% occupancy?

I assure you there isn’t…no matter how much your wallet wants it to be that way…
This is my wheelhouse
a 5% reduction in occupancy would be a problem for them.........The compounding affect of spending is big for resort guests (thats why they did magical express to begin with)

I wonder if they think thats not a factor any longer

But to me the combo of more competition, economy changing and higher prices could be a problem soon

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
you really think this winter will be slow? I thought it would be busy at least through new years
I do

the lead time/planning window was wrecked and delta is going to cause restrictions/disruptions

Disney gives hints too…their construction is grinding more than even their normal snail pace
That would indicate they’re still “waiting it out”

Jeff4272

And for the 100 millionth 200 gazillionth time, Disney fans have shown time and time again there is nothing that will deter them from wanting their next Disney fix.

You can emphasize all you want that Disney has "finally gone too far", but it's just a prediction at this point. Only time will tell, but based on the level of fanaticism being pretty consistent as far as Disney fans go, I wouldn't bet any money on things changing in terms of guest spending.
I dont agree with you....There have been a number of times that occupancy has dropped, it just hasnt been recently because we've had zero interest rates for 10 years.........

Lets see what happens next year when inflation goes through the roof........I highly doubt people will pay $900 a night for the Contemporary

Jeff4272

There wouldn't be two separate standby queues. Once you get your spot in the standby return virtual queue, when you come back at your scheduled time you just get in the regular standby line. If the standby return pass system is on, then people aren't allowed to just line up in the regular queue; they have to get a return time for standby.
And if that Virtual quene gets too long they give you a stop watch and when the alarm goes off thats when you try to get in the virtual quene so you can get in the regular quene

Jeff4272

2009 they had to lay off over 1900 employees due to low hotel occupancy rates......

Iger on 2q 2009 eps call:

Disney’s studio revenue dropped 26 percent to $1.95 billion. The company said stronger DVD releases a year ago, including “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” and “Ratatouille,” outperformed the holiday releases this year, including “WALL-E” and “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.”

Revenue at the cable networks such as Disney Channel and ESPN rose 2 percent to $2.45 billion, but broadcasting revenue at ABC declined 14 percent to $1.45 billion.

Parks and resorts revenue fell 4 percent to $2.67 billion as attendance at the company’s U.S. theme parks and hotel occupancy at its domestic resorts declined.

kong1802

2009 they had to lay off over 1900 employees due to low hotel occupancy rates......

Iger on 2q 2009 eps call:

Disney’s studio revenue dropped 26 percent to $1.95 billion. The company said stronger DVD releases a year ago, including “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” and “Ratatouille,” outperformed the holiday releases this year, including “WALL-E” and “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian.”

Revenue at the cable networks such as Disney Channel and ESPN rose 2 percent to $2.45 billion, but broadcasting revenue at ABC declined 14 percent to $1.45 billion.

Parks and resorts revenue fell 4 percent to $2.67 billion as attendance at the company’s U.S. theme parks and hotel occupancy at its domestic resorts declined.

Well, there was this going on during that time:

Jeff4272

your point? have you heard of the pandemic?

Disney is stripping down its free offerings after losing billions during the pandemic.......

They have the benefit of pent up demand for travel plus the 50th...

But after that, look out below

kong1802

your point? have you heard of the pandemic?

Disney is stripping down its free offerings after losing billions during the pandemic.......

They have the benefit of pent up demand for travel plus the 50th...

But after that, look out below

I don't think its a great example of people deciding that because of WDW's decisions they were going to go elsewhere.

There was a macro meltdown and people weren't going anywhere. Nothing to do with any of WDW's decisions.

Pandemic?! That's a good point. It's like saying no one went to WDW in April 2020 so that's proof that the consumer spurned WDW for bad decisions, completely ignoring the fact that there was a large scale issue going on.

I'm hoping that the consumers hold the line after the pent up demand burns through. However, the below price for mid October for this room let's me know we've already lost the war...

1628693599320.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
the narrative that "everyone will pay for anything" is just not true.........
The ONLY Thing(s) that have ever caused attendance to “decline”….and it really was just a flattening…have been recessions

and one virus. And one terrorist event (that was really in a recession already)

Disney has never suffered reduced attendance/revenues due to cutting perks.

you’re more likely to see a unicorn ridden by a Sasquatch down Buena Vista…

that’s not to say it isn’t possible…forever…but it simply hasn’t happened. For now.

the loss of prebooked fast pass isn’t likely to move anything at all. And someone said earlier that values and moderates are vulnerable?

yeah…they jacked the rates x2 in 10 years flat and you have to beat the people away…

nothing to see there. Paying $300 for port orleans is gladly wanted by the faceless masses.

Jeff4272

The ONLY Thing(s) that have ever caused attendance to “decline”….and it really was just a flattening…have been recessions

and one virus. And one terrorist event (that was really in a recession already)

Disney has never suffered reduced attendance/revenues due to cutting perks.

you’re more likely to see a unicorn ridden by a Sasquatch down Buena Vista…

that’s not to say it isn’t possible…forever…but it simply hasn’t happened. For now.

the loss of prebooked fast pass isn’t likely to move anything at all. And someone said earlier that values and moderates are vulnerable?

yeah…they jacked the rates x2 in 10 years flat and you have to beat the people away…

nothing to see there. Paying $300 for port orleans is gladly wanted by the faceless masses.
Im going to buy the stock as a hedge against my vacation investments..........If they keep getting higher prices and higher occupancy, i can use my gains from the stock price to pay for my trips!

The real rescueranger

I will give you one. It was the year that they did away with early entry for resort guests and started doing character caravans. When I found out, I called and canceled my trip. I told the CM why I was canceling and that I would probably not return unless some changes were made. I wasn’t expecting any changes. I am just one person, no big deal right? Well a while later I received a call from Disney. I can’t remember what branch called me but they wanted to know my feedback on the change. I gave them my complaints and she confirmed to me that there had been numerous cancellations and that there were meetings going on to rectify the situation. Well that was when extra magic hours was born. I was actually given a code to use to get a discount on my package should I decide that I wanted to go. We did. There is now way they made that big of a change over a measly few cancellations. There must have been many. So it has happened and if people hit them in the pocketbook, they will pay attention.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I will give you one. It was the year that they did away with early entry for resort guests and started doing character caravans. When I found out, I called and canceled my trip. I told the CM why I was canceling and that I would probably not return unless some changes were made. I wasn’t expecting any changes. I am just one person, no big deal right? Well a while later I received a call from Disney. I can’t remember what branch called me but they wanted to know my feedback on the change. I gave them my complaints and she confirmed to me that there had been numerous cancellations and that there were meetings going on to rectify the situation. Well that was when extra magic hours was born. I was actually given a code to use to get a discount on my package should I decide that I wanted to go. We did. There is now way they made that big of a change over a measly few cancellations. There must have been many. So it has happened and if people hit them in the pocketbook, they will pay attention.
….it was I believe in the early 00’s?

may not be as significant as you think. Guest comm was much better then than now (they actually compensated people for PR purposes)…so that’s gone.

and what’s “numerous”? Enough to put a dent in 20,000 on property rooms at the time? How about the hundreds off property?

do you recall the exact date?…let me test a theory…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom