FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon Joe

I think I came up with a solution.

dltix.jpg

rio

If people who aren't around the boards a lot care a lot about this one particular thing, that probably says something about how important it is to the 'average Jane / Joe' customer.

I've already bowed out of a Disney trip for 2022, but I'm watching it for my family members who are still going. They don't follow message boards at all, but they all know FastPass and are waiting for news on if and when it comes back (I've told them to seriously adjust their expectations.)
A friend mentioned they wanted to go to Galaxy’s Edge. After listening through my negativity on the boarding group situation, he didn’t care-he wanted to go anyways. If DW ever sees a sustained attendance drop, I doubt it’ll be for decades.

wutisgood

Even now most of the overcrowding "problems" could be fixed by having every park open 8am to midnight.

I don't think we are going to see any real discounts come back now that Chapek is in charge. Remember when Disneyland Star Wars didn't have rise open yet they made cuts instead of offered discounts. He would prob have to die or be fired before discounts came back.

RSoxNo1

Even now most of the overcrowding "problems" could be fixed by having every park open 8am to midnight.

I don't think we are going to see any real discounts come back now that Chapek is in charge. Remember when Disneyland Star Wars didn't have rise open yet they made cuts instead of offered discounts. He would prob have to die or be fired before discounts came back.
Some of the overcrowding now is caused by queues spilling out into the walkways, however technically many of those people in the overflowing queue would otherwise be in a Fastpass line or another queue.

Not having everything open also hurts. Sure Indiana Jones isn't as popular as Rise of the Resistance, but taking thousands of guests out of lines and into a show for 45 minutes helps tremendously.

G00fyDad

And for the 100 millionth 200 gazillionth time, Disney fans have shown time and time again there is nothing that will deter them from wanting their next Disney fix.

You can emphasize all you want that Disney has "finally gone too far", but it's just a prediction at this point. Only time will tell, but based on the level of fanaticism being pretty consistent as far as Disney fans go, I wouldn't bet any money on things changing in terms of guest spending.
I never said they've gone too far. Not once. What I'm saying is that this surge in Disney visitors is going to die down once all of the revenge travels done and the 50th celebration is over with. I'm not saying that people are going to stop going to Disney because they are irritated or mad at disney.

skypilot2922

Maybe. But there are plenty of things that were viewed as too big to fail until - poof! - one day they did. I think it’s a quirk of human thinking that we have a hard time imagining things being too different from the way they are now. I do too… but things do change, sometimes rapidly.

Truth, Who saw Lehman Brothers disappearing from Wall St until it happened, of course that was revenge for not bailing out "First Bank of Criminality" BCCI or Banc of Credit and Commerce Internationale

DisneyHead123

Truth, Who saw Lehman Brothers disappearing from Wall St until it happened, of course that was revenge for not bailing out "First Bank of Criminality" BCCI or Banc of Credit and Commerce Internationale
Of topic, but my parents had given me some Fannie Mae Freddie Mac stock that they bought over time during my childhood for me to have as a young adult to “get started” in life. I still remember my shock at realizing it was suddenly completely worthless during that crash!

To bring it back to this thread - I’m always shocked by how “Boom! Now everything’s different.” change can be when it happens. Sometimes it’s gradual but sometimes the landscape shifts in an eye blink.

skypilot2922

Of topic, but my parents had given me some Fannie Mae Freddie Mac stock that they bought over time during my childhood for me to have as a young adult to “get started” in life. I still remember my shock at realizing it was suddenly completely worthless during that crash!

To bring it back to this thread - I’m always shocked by how “Boom! Now everything’s different.” change can be when it happens. Sometimes it’s gradual but sometimes the landscape shifts in an eye blink.

Sorry for your loss, Your parents bought that for you with the best of intentions and the criminals that stole it were given a free pass. in these cases the Chinese method is the right one with the cost of the expended round sent to the family.

dav23

Catching up after missing a few pages and wow…paid Fastpasses are now going to bring down the Disney Corporation. Crazy.

bcoachable

Has anyone heard if they are “all up in arms” over in Paris about this? Or are they paying for the fast passes like they were the newest flavor of Mickey Bars?
Wondering how it’s being received over there….

wutisgood

We won't know how this plays out untill people take vacations in the next year. I would say a significant majority of people I talked to in Hawaii or LA last month had flight and hotel credits they had to use and were blocked from international travel to where they wanted to go.

I am personally staying the hell away from investments tied to NYC commercial real estate. Too much money ivested is in assets that "can never go down in price while companies across the board are cutting real estate as work from home becomes more permanent.

Missing20K

Can someone with more than my admittedly rudimentary knowledge of queue theory confirm that most Disney queues are of the M/M/1 variety as all guests are funneled into a single queue prior to boarding the RV all as one group? And if so, if a typical M/M/1 queue is determined by a Poisson process, is Disney attempting to mitigate effects of said process with Genie “itineraries”, essentially scheduling the times that guests visit attractions, dining, and retail?

Will there be four queues? An upcharge FP queue, an upcharge instant FP queue, a standby queue and a standby return queue? Or does the standby return line go in the queue behind those already currently queued? I guess the question is if standby return would be a virtual queue or not, no?

ETA: If they aren’t all funneled together on all rides, and on some the FP goes right to the loading area, then it becomes a single server multi phase and that’s as far as my brain can go. We need a queue theory expert on this forum.

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Can someone with more than my admittedly rudimentary knowledge of queue theory confirm that most Disney queues are of the M/M/1 variety as all guests are funneled into a single queue prior to boarding the RV all as one group? And if so, if a typical M/M/1 queue is determined by a Poisson process, is Disney attempting to mitigate effects of said process with Genie “itineraries”, essentially scheduling the times that guests visit attractions, dining, and retail?

Will there be four queues? An upcharge FP queue, an upcharge instant FP queue, a standby queue and a standby return queue? Or does the standby return line go in the queue behind those already currently queued? I guess the question is if standby return would be a virtual queue or not, no?

ETA: If they aren’t all funneled together on all rides, and on some the FP goes right to the loading area, then it becomes a single server multi phase and that’s as far as my brain can go. We need a queue theory expert on this forum.

There wouldn't be two separate standby queues. Once you get your spot in the standby return virtual queue, when you come back at your scheduled time you just get in the regular standby line. If the standby return pass system is on, then people aren't allowed to just line up in the regular queue; they have to get a return time for standby.

Missing20K

There wouldn't be two separate standby queues. Once you get your spot in the standby return virtual queue, when you come back at your scheduled time you just get in the regular standby line. If the standby return pass system is on, then people aren't allowed to just line up in the regular queue; they have to get a return time for standby.
I think that would be most like a M/M/1/k model in which k is the cap on the number of guests in the queue, right?

So the standby return would be a virtual queue for the standby queue when the cap k is met?

Oi, if they’d just have built enough over the years to have never had to deal with queue management in the first place.

Indy_UK

Has anyone heard if they are “all up in arms” over in Paris about this? Or are they paying for the fast passes like they were the newest flavor of Mickey Bars?
Wondering how it’s being received over there….

I don’t think so because it has dropped Standby wait times.

Jeff4272

It’s more likely technology lead time…

for awhile it’s been this nonsense “for the 50th” stuff…but that has nothing to do with it.

this is gonna be one of the slowest winters in wdw in decades…the signs are there
you really think this winter will be slow? I thought it would be busy at least through new years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom