FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPromey

Because it's one thing to feel like they reached into your pocket once, it's another thing for it to feel like they just want to keep it there constantly.

Don't give them ideas. They might call that a "benefit" and start charging to keep that hand there. :oops:

Trauma

So I will bring this up again they can’t just continue to devalue everything and expect to continue to sell DVC.

I would love to see the sales figures for new contracts.

Yes I know my resale that I bought during covid is worth a lot more right now but that doesn’t mean new points are selling.

I know this isn’t a thread about DVC but you would have to assume every decision they make they are least thinking about how it will affect point sales.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Oh yeah, I agree it's a benefit to the customer. I am a little curious on how the "additional times opening up..." portion of this works though, because it makes it seem as though they will portion off the VQ groups into more manageable chunks. More than likely that's just a safety valve to allow them to cleanly close the VQ when they don't think they need it anymore.

I didn't pay too much attention to the test they did at DLR, and now I kind of wish I had

I think people are over reacting about scarcity of standby. "or you won't ride anything..." or other non-sense. If the park is that full, no one is going to enjoy anything period. I think the problem is going to be more pushing demand to less desirable attractions because if someone is blocked out from just waiting for the big e-ticket they want (line is cutoff and standby is not available to you due to already in queue) they will want to do 'something'.

So like the FP+ effect... it will push load to lesser attractions.

Or Disney makes the line-skip so cheap that the majority use it. And then you end up in worst case... everyone paying just to be in what was a regular line.

Joel

You don't have to go to Disney World this year. Or next. Or ever again.

Don't let a soulless corporation continue to take advantage of you. Stop capitulating and force Disney to meet you halfway.

The current trajectory won't change until enough of the faithful adopt this mindset.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Ultimately I think this is the ideal version of what Disney hopes to achieve here. Who knows if it will actually work in practice. Since we don't know how popular the DPA pass will be, it throws a wrench into how well this could work. I do think it's fair to say it will be used it less than FP+.

Yeah, but every time Disney offers some paid upgrade... the masses continue to buy it up to insane numbers (fancy Magic Bands anyone?) and continue to compare to Disney's manipulated experience as justification to buy in.

If Disney builds it... they will come.

M:SpilotISTC12

Yeah, but every time Disney offers some paid upgrade... the masses continue to buy it up to insane numbers (fancy Magic Bands anyone?) and continue to compare to Disney's manipulated experience as justification to buy in.

If Disney builds it... they will come.
The angry crowd is never good at voting with their wallets because they go back anyway.

havoc315

Some of us don't go to the board you mentioned because they have an agenda.

Agenda aside— a claim that 50% of WDW guests are annual repeat visitors is flatly absurd. Based on attendance, it would mean that almost 10% of Americans go to WDW… not just once or twice, but every single year.

Outside of online forums, I’ve never met anyone who goes to WDW every year. (Personally, I average 3 times per decade… and that’s more than most people I know).
I doubt 10% of Americans could even afford to take trips to WDW every year.

The people who go every single year to WDW, booking a resort or DVC, are a small minority of the 50+ million annual visitors.

MrPromey

I'll play your game...

Which is more enjoyable?
- Standing in a line in an enclosed space with hundreds of people for 2hrs
or
- Being free to move about and do almost nothing if you cared to?

The bar is pretty low when you are talking about 'what is better than standing in a line'

I don't know what "game" you think I'm playing.

As I've said before (several times in this thread now, in fact), the only real solution to this problem is to add attraction capacity. (way more than they're now finally starting to do)

They can juggle numbers all they want but I'm "free to move about and do almost nothing" at home and I don't have to play $120 a day to do it, I have a place to sit down (even in AC if I want), and I'm not surrounded by crowds of other people moving about doing almost nothing, too.

Do you go with young kids? If so, I'm curious how you keep them busy while "moving about doing almost nothing" at Disney? How much does it cost you in gift shops? How much complaining do you hear while walking around seemingly aimlessly while in what to them is the most exciting place on earth to do stuff while for some reason, not doing stuff?

Not advocating for lines but at least in a line for Peter Pan, they understand what they're standing around waiting for - but believe me, I'm not advocating for that line, either!

You're right, the bar is pretty low for what is better than standing in a line. My question is, why do you seem so okay with the prospect of them barely stumbling over it?

It used to be that you could go and say you were enjoying the atmosphere. Now it's either too crowded to say that (MK for instance with all those other people already not standing in line as it is) or they've destroyed the ambiance (EPCOT with temporary walls and permanent lagoon additions).

I'm not for longer lines. I'm not for virtual ques. I'm for the supposedly greatest theme park operator in the world acting like they are and justifying the cost of a vacation there.

I know, crazy ideas, right?

Last edited:

Padraig

So, this day next year we're due to arrive at Riviera. It'll be the first time back to WDW since joining here post visit nine years ago. It'll be my first time with kids.

The only way I've somewhat justified the exorbitant cost of staying onsite is a tenuous reasoning surrounding convenience (my wife isn't convinced), which included some optimistic hope of a fastpass perk being thrown in. This radically changes that equation. Now i'm thinking I should go the villa route (still might, since it's only the deposit paid): The accommodation costs would roughly be a third and some of that massive savings could be channeled towards FP. Disney will still get money of course, but it'll be a big net loss overall for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom