FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickeyLuv'r

You underestimate the will pixie-dust-mindset of the people.
Maybe, but I have spent almost 20 years on WDW forums, and been to WDW quite a few times over many years.

Disney has experimented with all sorts of policies over the years, and some have failed.

The mindset of someone paying for FP is very different from the mindset of someone who thinks FP is 'free.'

Of course, we all know it was never actually free; one couldn't use a FP unless they had already paid admission.

ColeTrain04

I know people have been seeing this on the app. But it’s been on my app all day long. Obviously it doesn’t let me click the link. Not sure if this was never taken away and I just never noticed it. Or is this new?

Attachments

• 0F37DA51-085F-4BC0-BAD5-9688C469A510.png
    0F37DA51-085F-4BC0-BAD5-9688C469A510.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 215

Goofyernmost

If there were enough people not using FP for the lines to be incredibly short, there would still be enough not using it if it was a paid program.

But one would think that there would be even less if it were a paid program than if it were free. People who didn't use it before certainly will not be using it if they paid for it.

I still fully expect there to be a perk offered for those staying on site or at least in the deluxe resorts. Doesn't have to be that way, but it makes a lot of sense to me at least.
Just to be clear, no one is saying that the lines won't seem long. What we are saying is that the single lines continue to move as long as the attractions is working. It provides constant movement through the switchback lines and very quickly you get to the front of the line and right on it without having multiple long stops to let others cut in front of you.

Goofyernmost

I’m not sure what your point is. In a hypothetical “I’m not standing in line equals stealing?” Hint if you pay for something that’s not stealing.

Interesting bit of logic
Man, can you not think in the abstract at all. Stealing has nothing to do with it, it is just a metaphor that was used to point out that changing the definition of something does not change the actual event. Since you don't seem to want to understand the concept there is no sense of continuing the discussion. It is what it is and no switching of identifying words change that.

Jedijax719

Just to be clear, no one is saying that the lines won't seem long. What we are saying is that the single lines continue to move as long as the attractions is working. It provides constant movement through the switchback lines and very quickly you get to the front of the line and right on it without having multiple long stops to let others cut in front of you.
Dunno. It sounds like a pipe dream to me. Great if it works that way, but I don't see it working that way.

Chi84

Premium Member
I’m not sure what your point is. In a hypothetical “I’m not standing in line equals stealing?” Hint if you pay for something that’s not stealing.

Interesting bit of logic
I don't understand the logic either. Disney instituted a ride reservation system that allows people to reserve their place in line ahead of time. It is (or was) open to all and not a secret. Seems to me that if you get into a standby line, you do so with the knowledge that you will be behind those who have already reserved their place (kind of like walking in at a restaurant that takes reservations).

I can understand people not liking a ride reservations system, although my bet is that enough people like it that there will always be one. I can understand arguing against FP+. What I don't understand is throwing a tantrum and calling Disney's own system "line-cutting" or "stealing." Good grief!

Nobody is "cutting" any line. The people getting in the standby line are taking their place behind the people who have already reserved their place in line.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Dunno. It sounds like a pipe dream to me. Great if it works that way, but I don't see it working that way.

It wont. What people are lobbying for are conditions that favor how they are willing to spend time in a park. Some things are constants, such as the maximum daily throughput of any attraction and daily admission numbers that preclude every guest from doing everything possible every day.

Goofyernmost

It worked great without FP for a couple of decades and by the end of that time there were basically only two parks. And lots of Guests. We will have to wait and see what they do to get a real solid idea of how it is all going to work. I do know that FP+ had the ability to work for just about everyone, but only for a few minutes everyday. That cause a backup in the standby line and forced most to have to deal with it at one point or the other and thus used up all the time saved by using FP. But, like I said, we will have to wait to see what genius program they come up with this time.

Jedijax719

Before the pandemic, we were planning to go to WDW and stay at Wilderness Lodge. The trip would have been starting right now. The rate for the WL was between $320-$350 per night. Now, the rate for June 2022 is over $500 per night. That's a year out. $200 more per night would price people out. They are probably planning something now to be announced soon. A price increase of 20% is one thing, but a price increase of 50% is outlandish.

Wouldn't be surprised if FP (or whatever they will be called) will be included with deluxe resorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom