FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurphyJoe

Okay I scrolled through the calendar and now see what you are talking about. That's insane.

So if Disney adopts this type of plan, would they too include it for the deluxe resort guests? With the price increases for rooms, I'd think they should (like I said, the price for a standard room in Wilderness Lodge has gone from $300-$350 per night pre-Covid to $500-$550 per night now).

Otherwise, WDW is a no-go for us. Glad we went in 2018. We can only go during peak times.

I did the math earlier in this thread, or was it another?, and Disney would have twice as many Deluxe guests per park on average with FP privileges versus Universal. There would be essentially nothing left to sell to everyone else. And why would Disney include this sort of comp when all the others they've eliminated haven't slowed down room bookings?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Universal's surge pricing is exactly what Broadway does. Not only higher prices for days in which they expect a higher demand, but, as seats (for the whole theater or for sections) start to sell out, the price goes up. That's because if they're heading towards a full house, they can afford to raise prices because there's already enough seats sold to guarantee a profit. The last few seats are very expensive, and even then, get sold out by the rich, or those desperate to see a performance.

Now, guess who innovated that kind of surge pricing on Broadway?

Disney

Jedijax719

Many? You mean one blogger did

Meanwhile our insiders are saying otherwise.

I know who I believe has the better sources.
I hear ya.

So, if Universal charges what they do for unlimited line-skipping, is it reasonable to expect WDW to charge less than that for a 3-pass package?

MurphyJoe

I hear ya.

So, if Universal charges what they do for unlimited line-skipping, is it reasonable to expect WDW to charge less than that for a 3-pass package?

No one here is arguing Disney will be charging the same as Universal's Unlimited for 3 FP. Looking at international Disney parks' Priority Access systems each FP will probably cost $15 or so USD. Though I could see the most popular attractions cost more on peak days.

TrojanUSC

I think the key thing many people are forgetting here is that the minute they start charging, they are going to have to put much stricter limits on how many FPs are available, as compared to before, otherwise people will feel like they were cheated out of their money. Some of those MK FP+ lines were insane.

Therefore, whatever the price point winds up being, rest assured it will be priced as a luxury item, both to reduce demand and to make up for not being able to sell as many as they might want.

Jrb1979

I think the key thing many people are forgetting here is that the minute they start charging, they are going to have to put much stricter limits on how many FPs are available, as compared to before, otherwise people will feel like they were cheated out of their money. Some of those MK FP+ lines were insane.

Therefore, whatever the price point winds up being, rest assured it will be priced as a luxury item, both to reduce demand and to make up for not being able to sell as many as they might want.
I love that. That's what FP is supposed to be. I know originally it was used for crowd control.

G00fyDad

Rope drops existed before Fastpass.

What are you talking about? I simply stated that since the Rope Drops are back then the capacity may be going back to normal. This would lead to to conclusion that FP's may be returning. Of course rope drops existed before FP's.

evenstephan

Apparently they have gone back to rope drops today. That means the parks should go back to full capacity soon right? If so then the FastPass or its alternative announcement should be coming soon.
I think bumping up of capacity has more to do with staffing than anything else. More employees across the board are needed to be able to handle the old average daily number of guests. The good news is that the Disney Jobs site is showing a lot of positions for which they're hiring in this regard, from housekeeping to food service to bus drivers. With these being filled, as well as the college program restarting, I think we'll see larger capacity increases before too long.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
But they have consistently increased capacity, show hints that way more is coming back, recently spoke about genie still coming soon, and they already have to staff the FP entrances as well as any merge points even now with reduced staff. So if they don't want queues blocking ice cream stands this summer they have to put people somewhere. Whether they bring them back before the fall I couldn't say... but there are plenty of people clamoring for fastpasses and complaining about not having them. In person, that is.

Right now the experience in park isn't bad if you get there really early, but by the afternoon everything has a long line and it's quite hot. I don't see why they would wait to make money once the system is ready to go.
They are indeed struggling with cast. It’s a medium term issue that would mean parks cannot handle “normal” capacity. Attractions are just about staffed. F/B and stores a different matter. Some areas are not pretty. Measures are being taken to try and mitigate this but you can only go as fast as you can.

peter11435

Despite Disney communicating that the reason they suspended FP+ was for using the queues, that's really not the reason. It was well documented that they only used the vast majority of FP+ queues for DAS, Club 33, VIP Tours, etc.............FP+ is not needed and they dont have the staff to work it and/or the demand to use it with capacity still limited due to lack of entertainment, staffing, restaurants, etc

There were people next to each other in queues all throughout Covid..........I was shoulder to shoulder for 10 straight days in every park (including BB) during my trip in April on almost every ride. Very few followed the stickers on the ground
There’s a lot of reasons fastpass was suspended. Using their queue space as standby queue was and still is one of them. While attractions still accommodate guests using DAS, club 33 etc… These accommodations are not always through the former fastpass queue and at most attractions do not use all of the queue space previously designated for Fastpass. There are many attractions that currently utilize portions of their fastpass queues as standby.

That said you are correct that reduced capacity at attractions and reduced staffing were also contributing factors.

peter11435

I post on a lot of Disney forums/threads and this one by far has the biggest group of self righteous bullies. They think they know everything and when someone has a differing opinion they all pile on and pick on them and try to get them kicked off the site. I just stuffed them in a locker and they couldn’t take it knowing they were wrong defending my point that you helped me make.
I wasn’t really trying to help you make a point. In fact I was mostly correcting your statement that fastpass queues were not being used for standby queue space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom