FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedijax719

Here's a breakdown of how other parks do a paid service as far as I understand(for easy reference):
Disneyland (Max pass)
$20/person/day
Must purchase day of entry
Can only reserve one at a time-blockout periods between reservations
Unlimited within the restraints above
Includes photo pass?
Currently on suspension

Seaworld (Quick Queue)
$25-$65/person/day (depends on time of year, weekends, holidays,etc.)
Peak times are more expensive
Unlimited (prices above include reserved seating for shows)
Less expensive packages for rides only or reserved seating only
Unlimited food is also an option for an additional package

Universal (Express Pass)
$70 / person/day for one time per ride (as many rides as you want)
$90 / person/day unlimited rides
Automatically included for Premier Resort guests

This is as much as I can find and thought it would be a nice little summary. You can be sure that Disney folks have been and are currently analyzing these plans and others to find what will "work best" for WDW.

Naplesgolfer

Here's a breakdown of how other parks do a paid service as far as I understand(for easy reference):
Disneyland (Max pass)
$20/person/day
Must purchase day of entry
Can only reserve one at a time-blockout periods between reservations
Unlimited within the restraints above
Includes photo pass?
Currently on suspension

Seaworld (Quick Queue)
$25-$65/person/day (depends on time of year, weekends, holidays,etc.)
Peak times are more expensive
Unlimited (prices above include reserved seating for shows)
Less expensive packages for rides only or reserved seating only
Unlimited food is also an option for an additional package

Universal (Express Pass)
$70 / person/day for one time per ride (as many rides as you want)
$90 / person/day unlimited rides
Automatically included for Premier Resort guests

This is as much as I can find and thought it would be a nice little summary. You can be sure that Disney folks have been and are currently analyzing these plans and others to find what will "work best" for WDW.
Universals express pass is $199.99 to $329.99 the whole summer. Actually only a few days less that $249

disneygeek90

I'm pretty sure that price (when you click on it) is the price of admissions PLUS the express pass.
I clicked through the site until I got to the cart. It does say admission not included. The starts at ~$70 price tag on the main screen seems pretty misleading.
EACCD09B-426C-487A-A610-08A49BF37007.jpeg
9B802DDA-F5E0-41BE-84BE-A7DE72758B79.jpeg

pdude81

There's no way express pass would be $100 MORE than the actual price of admission. That's extremely cost prohibitive.

Price of admission is right around $165.
Like I said, try to buy one. There is exactly one day in August where it's $89 for an unlimited pass, and that's as of right now. By the time you get to that week it'll be over $200.

You posted the link, you just have to click it to see that admission is separate, then click to the next page to see what they cost.

pdude81

I clicked through the site until I got to the cart. It does say admission not included. The starts at ~$70 price tag on the main screen seems pretty misleading.
View attachment 562206 View attachment 562207
The starting price is basically the cheapest one available far out on the calendar, but you can almost never get a day that cheap. If you buy now for Sept you can probably find something in the $100 range though

disneygeek90

The starting price is basically the cheapest one available far out on the calendar, but you can almost never get a day that cheap. If you buy now for Sept you can probably find something in the $100 range though
I’d be curious to know how many actually buy at that price. I assume most people using express pass are resort guests or Premium AP’s.

Jrb1979

There's no way express pass would be $100 MORE than the actual price of admission. That's extremely cost prohibitive.

I take it you haven't gone to other parks much. Most parks charge that much more for their Skip the line system.

UNCgolf

Cost prohibitive is the whole point. If they sold too many of them the system wouldn't work; people who had one would still be waiting for 20-30 minutes (or more) in the Express line. Especially since they're included with the hotel room for three of their hotels, which means thousands of guests automatically have one.

Jedijax719

I take it you haven't gone to other parks much. Most parks charge that much more for their Skip the line system.
Okay I scrolled through the calendar and now see what you are talking about. That's insane.

So if Disney adopts this type of plan, would they too include it for the deluxe resort guests? With the price increases for rooms, I'd think they should (like I said, the price for a standard room in Wilderness Lodge has gone from $300-$350 per night pre-Covid to $500-$550 per night now).

Otherwise, WDW is a no-go for us. Glad we went in 2018. We can only go during peak times.

Jrb1979

Okay I scrolled through the calendar and now see what you are talking about. That's insane.

So if Disney adopts this type of plan, would they too include it for the deluxe resort guests? With the price increases for rooms, I'd think they should (like I said, the price for a standard room in Wilderness Lodge has gone from $300-$350 per night pre-Covid to $500-$550 per night now).

Otherwise, WDW is a no-go for us. Glad we went in 2018. We can only go during peak times.
It's very doubtful they would include it for resort guests as that is a lot of rooms. If too many have it it doesn't do anything.

nickys

Premium Member

No way is it included for all deluxe resort guests, there are too many rooms.

However, the front of line unlimited pass seems to have been ruled out by insiders. As someone pointed out, not even Club 33 members got unlimited FPs.

Jedijax719

No way is it included for all deluxe resort guests, there are too many rooms.

However, the front of line unlimited pass seems to have been ruled out by insiders. As someone pointed out, not even Club 33 members got unlimited FPs.
But many are predicting Disney will set a $300 /day/ticket price for FP (or whatever they will call it) at peak times?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

It isn’t the price of a ticket plus the express pass. Cheapest I could get the one ride Express pass for a family of four was $946 for one day. Most expensive unlimited for one day was ~ $1400.

Edit: See you already figured it out. Leaving my post as a reminder why we’re getting up in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom