FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

M:SpilotISTC12

Absolutely. But I very rarely bite.
austin powers i wont bite hard GIF

DisneyCane

Thats why it would be dynamic pricing.
For example… they may set aside 200 “ride now” spots per hour at FOP.
If the line is 2 hours… and they aren’t getting demand at $39.99…. They could instantly drop the price to $29.99 or $19.99. If demand is tooo high at $19.99… raise the price.

It can even be selective… different guests seeing different prices. Genie could see a family that never buys the ride now… they get a “special” notification… ride Mine Train now for just $1.99!!! In the hopes that once the family tries the feature, they start to use it more often.

The goal, I suspect, would be to get another $100-$200 in daily revenue from guests using the system.
Mine Train isn't worth $1.99. After riding it (for the second time ever) with no wait shortly after the reopening last summer, I determined that due to the ridiculously short ride length, every other attraction at MK is more fun and 7DMT isn't worth waiting more than five minutes for, let alone paying for!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Mine Train isn't worth $1.99. After riding it (for the second time ever) with no wait shortly after the reopening last summer, I determined that due to the ridiculously short ride length, every other attraction at MK is more fun and 7DMT isn't worth waiting more than five minutes for, let alone paying for!
You are not going to be happy about Tron...

G00fyDad

I wish we were on drugs. Here’s Universal’s pricing:

in any case, the people who know things have repeatedly said that it’s going to be sold in packs of fast passes, So we’re all arguing over something that’s not going to happen

Packs of fast passes?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I wonder if Disney is ready for the PR avalanche nightmare to come if they implement some of what is being rumored. Then again the rumors seem to be all over the place with specifics right now so I guess we’ll wait and see…but either way it certainly continues to look more and more like Disney just wants to suck every $ out of guests they can moreso than provide the best experience

Disstevefan1

WDW is late to the “Fastpass for purchase” game. DL has a form of it and Universal Orlando has been doing it a long time, but don’t worry, WDW will make up for that lateness with some big prices for their Fastpass’s.

It’s ironic how a global pandemic will end up helping WDW more than it hurt it...

drizgirl

WDW is late to the “Fastpass for purchase” DL has a form of it and Universal Orlando has been doing it a long time, but don’t worry, WDW will make up for that lateness with some big prices for their Fastpass’s.

It’s ironic how a global pandemic will end up helping WDW more than it hurt it...
DL's program was actually affordable, so I don't even count that as a data point in what's being discussed here.

Rk2k5

DL's program was actually affordable, so I don't even count that as a data point in what's being discussed here.
I'm hoping that the Lightning Pass lands up being affordable like Disney Land's Maxpass because $100-$300 per person per day is way too expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom