FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

EeyoreFan#24

Just to throw it out there...my guess is 1. a “paid fast pass” tier system for day passes 2. Elimination of date measured “annual passes” 3. Membership program with fixed number (different amount for different tiers) of reservations and varying reservation availability (times, parks, and seasons). This will include a fixed amount of “paid fast passes” 3. Discounted upgrade packages for specific trips for members. Additional dates or “paid fast passes” can be purchased.

We’ll see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did anyone mention Disney Access+ (©) yet?

Asking for a friend.
Anything like Shanghai's Premier Access?

With the upgraded Disney Premier Access, guests can enjoy priority access to some of their favorite attractions from the designated starting time to the closing time of your selected attraction to enjoy even more magic in the park. The upgraded Disney Premier Access is available in a wider range of price options*. Now available on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App (Download Now).​
* The price of Disney Premier Access varies by date and location and is subject to availability.​
shdr-gsrvc-dpa-outline.png

Enjoy priority access to attractions during designated time periods!​

Enjoy priority access to attractions once from the designated starting time to the closing time of your selected attraction! Read More
shdr-tour-vip-tour-services-02-New.png

How It Works:​

To make a selection on your mobile device.​
  • Step 1 – Download Shanghai Disney Resort Official App
    Download Shanghai Disney Resort Official App before you come to the park and create your own account with your mobile phone number or email account.

• Step 2 – Purchase Disney Premier Access
    After entering the park, open the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App and sign in, select “Buy Disney Premier Access”, choose the attraction that you want to purchase Disney Premier Access for, or purchase a Disney Premier Access set. Check the time you are booking for and click “select” to view details. Link your park ticket to your account by scanning the QR Code on your park ticket. Create a party in the Official App by linking your friends’ or family’s tickets so that you can enjoy the attractions together. Ensure all members of your party have entered the park. Confirm the selection for your Disney Premier Access or set and complete the payment process.

• Step 3 – Redeem Disney Premier Access
    To redeem your Disney Premier Access, go to the “Priority Access Lane” at the attraction from the designated starting time to the closing time of your selected attraction and show your QR Code in “My Plan” on the App or the QR Code on your park ticket.
If you have any questions or difficulty purchasing Disney Premier Access, please visit Guest Services after the Main Entrance turnstiles.​

Frequently Asked Questions​

1. What’s new for Disney Premier Access?
    • All Disney Premier Access products now have a designated starting time for priority attraction access. Disney Premier Access will be available in a wider range of price options for different attractions; however, the purchase channels, purchase process, redemption process and usage process remain unchanged.
  2. Why will we set a starting time for Disney Premier Access?
    • With a designated starting time for Disney Premier Access, guests may enjoy priority access to their selected attractions at staggered time periods. During the time period between the designated starting time and the closing time of your selected attraction, guest can enter the attraction faster than others.
  3. Why are you adjusting the price of the Disney Premier Access?
    • Disney Premier Access will be available in a wider range of price options for different attractions.
  4. Will the attractions in one Disney Premier Access Set sold on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App have different designated start times?
    • All attractions in one Disney Premier Access Set share the same designated starting time. Guests with a Disney Premier Access Set can enjoy priority access to each attraction during the time period between the designated starting time and the closing time of the attraction.
  5. If an attraction has single Disney Premier Access, and it is also included in a Disney Premier Access Set, will the single Disney Premier Access share the same designated starting time with the Disney Premier Access Set?
    • The designated starting times of a single Disney Premier Access and a Disney Premier Access Set are scheduled independently, so the designated starting times may be different, and they depend on the system schedule. Please refer guests to check the designated starting time of the purchased Disney Premier Access under the “My Plan” column on the loading page of the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App if they are not sure about the designated starting time of the Disney Premier Access they bought.

Disney Premier Access Terms and Conditions​

This Disney Premier Access can only be purchased and used by an individual guest after entry into the park and is only valid during the time period between the designated starting time and the closing time of your selected attraction on the date of purchase (“Validity Period”). It can only be used once during the Validity Period at the selected attraction or entertainment venue. It is shown in digital form only and is associated with the park ticket used to purchase it. It is void if altered.​
Disney Premier Access is non-transferrable, not for resale and is non-refundable unless otherwise required by law.​
Please enter the Disney Premier Access Entrance at the attraction or enter the designated area at the entertainment venue anytime during the Validity Period (subject to attraction operations). Please have the Disney Premier Access QR Code open within the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App or present the QR Code on the park ticket to scan using the redemption device. Once scanned, the Cast Member will validate the photo associated with the park ticket and ensure it matches that of the person redeeming the Disney Premier Access. If the Disney Premier Access user does not match the visual identity of the park ticket holder, the Disney Premier Access will not be accepted.​
The operating hours of attractions and entertainment show times are subject to change. Attractions and entertainment experiences may be suspended or closed temporarily.​
The Disney Premier Access Set price does not vary if any of the attractions and entertainment options are temporarily suspended or closed. Please verify the attractions and entertainment options listed on the Disney Premier Access Set details screen, as well as the attractions and entertainment real-time status published on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App.​
Disney Premier Access is not valid for admission to Shanghai Disneyland.​
The price of Disney Premier Access varies by date and location. Guests may purchase Disney Premier Access at the then current price published on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App after going through the park’s turnstiles.​
Guests are required to comply with the height restrictions for the attractions and the safety rules for the attractions and entertainment experiences.​
We are not responsible for any loss or inconvenience caused by an App error that is not attributable to our fault, or unauthorized duplication or sale of this Disney Premier Access.​
Guests must be 18 years of age or older to purchase Disney Premier Access on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App.​
These terms and conditions are subject to change. If there are mandatory requirements stated in the laws otherwise, then related ordinances will be followed.​
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, 'we' means either or both “Shanghai International Theme Park Company Limited” and “Shanghai International Theme Park and Resort Management Company Limited”.​
Note for Disney Premier Access Set
Note: The Disney Premier Access Set price does not vary if any of the attractions and/or entertainment experiences are temporarily suspended or closed. Please verify the attractions and entertainment experiences listed on the Disney Premier Access Set details screen, as well as the attraction real-time status and entertainment show times published on the Shanghai Disney Resort Official App.​
A Micechat discussion with prices...​
And in Paris....​

Naplesgolfer

I think Martin has hinted for months at what Disney's plan is. Some reduced pool of fast passes in a unknown distribution. Maybe only onsite not good neighbor get one each ,maybe deluxe 2. Then look to Shanghai Disney where the premier access system has you purchase curated sets of fast passes. one E one D and one C. Maybe a more expensive set of three of just MK. mountains. They have to have a return time so as not to clog up the lines all at a once. Look up Shanghai premier access for more info.

This somewhat placates the desire for some fast passes with the ticket and allows Disney to monetize the rest of the pool.

runnsally

One thing I can easily imagine:
Genie app “ride now” for an up charge, with dynamic pricing.

Skip the 2 hour line at FOP for $39.99 per person.
Skip the 60 minute line at Mine Train for $19.99.
“Pirates of the Caribbean is currently a 25 minute line, but the Genie can grant your wish and ride now for $4.99”

So depending on the attraction, the time of day, the length of the standby line, the “Genie lightning pass” price is fluid. Constantly reacting to supply and demand.

just 1 way it could work.
This sounds much more stressful than booking FP+ at 60 days…

runnsally

I would think WDW has learned that their guests value the prepay-and-forget-about-it model and are willing to pay a premium for it - think dining plan or even DVC. I doubt they’ll ask guests to make an economic decision every time they are about to line up for an attraction, but instead have them prepay for a specific skip the line package, genie level, etc. upfront.

Naplesgolfer

I would think WDW has learned that their guests value the prepay-and-forget-about-it model and are willing to pay a premium for it - think dining plan or even DVC. I doubt they’ll ask guests to make an economic decision every time they are about to line up for an attraction, but instead have them prepay for a specific skip the line package, genie level, etc. upfront.
I think you could be right. I could see them offering 3 FastPass bundles when you book your trip. Then during the day after your 3 are used up, Genie could offer you more based on what is remaining in the pool that day. They still have to limit how many are given out and meter them into the rides based on return time so people are satisfied with experience they paid for.

Some of the Shanghai bundles where like $28 , I would think it would be more in the USA.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The issue with this pricing at WDW is that it essentially promotes shorter vacations over longer ones. Sure I’d pay this for one day at Universal but not for a week. Nor would I stay at Universal for anywhere near a week. Universal and WDW aren’t directly comparable with pricing models. They don’t want an offering that someone “buys for one day” and then not for the rest of their trip.

But you’re right, it’s clear unlimited isn’t in the cards. And those reasons are probably why.

they are closer than you think. Uni just knows their magic number is maybe 3 days from a guest… where disney is more 5-7

both are pushing for the same model… uni just is a smaller scale snd they know it. That’s why their discount gradient differs. And why uni pushed the water park as a theme park… and of course adding their new park.

remember part of the pricing to help justify the deluxe hotels. Uni knows the people paying a la carte for the unlimited pass are already gonna pay almost anything.

cjack300zx

I can't find it now but I saw something yesterday where it looks like fasspass kiosks were rolled in epcot but the kiosks were covered up.

Chi84

Premium Member
Absolutely. There's no way they are going to constantly put per ride prices in front of guests.

Incomudro

Yea, I'm a little confused about that too. The details are a little foggy. Is that the cost of a ticket including park and pass or just super Fastpass.
It's all conjecture at this point anyway.
We really don't know how it will be done - if at all - and what it will cost.

Incomudro

The point is, at the price point we're talking about, it's literally cheaper to extend your vacation entire whole days for cheaper than adding FastPass. I don't know anyone who would rather visit WDW for three days with FastPass than eight days without it for the same price.
Excellent point.
We'd be better off staying a couple more days than pay such an upcharge.

havoc315

The point is, at the price point we're talking about, it's literally cheaper to extend your vacation entire whole days for cheaper than adding FastPass. I don't know anyone who would rather visit WDW for three days with FastPass than eight days without it for the same price.

I know plenty of people who would take that trade, including me. I don’t get tons of vacation time.
Given a choice, for the same price: 3-4 days, no lines. Or 7-8 days, same price, lots of time in line. Experience the same number of attractions, I’ll choose option number 1!

But I keep hearing this in the thread:
“This would be too expensive for me. Since it’s too expensive for me, nobody will do it, therefore it won’t work.”

Guess what— if they go towards something like the Universal model, then it’s only for 10-20% of guests, tops.
If it’s the right price for the biggest 10-20% of spenders, then it serves its purpose.
“too expensive for me” doesn’t mean it’s too expensive to work… just means you’re in the 80-90% that wouldn’t buy it. (Just like I’d never pay $90 for a dessert party just to eat a couple cupcakes and drinks and get a good view of the fireworks).

SamusAranX

they’ve made the determination that a far more than acceptable percentage of customers will do nothing but continue to pay.

I would get their farm they’re right
Yep.
It’s as simple as this.

Disney continues to increase prices, but leave perks stagnant and even decrease the value!

And we continue to pay it. Well I might not at least. I still love many parts of WDW, but I am very on the fence about getting my AP back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom