FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

It depends if they can balance the financial realities while still being a fan.

JJ abrams was a big “fan”: of
1. money
2. Spielberg (and his buddy and secretary by extension)
3. Playing it “safe”...which leads to a blowup when you don’t understand what you’re dealing with...

There’s no doubt Kevin smith would have done much better...so that means we live in a grey world
Agreed. Every Walt needs a Roy.

CosmicRays

It depends if they can balance the financial realities while still being a fan.

JJ abrams was a big “fan”: of
1. money
2. Spielberg (and his buddy and secretary by extension)
3. Playing it “safe”...which leads to a blowup when you don’t understand what you’re dealing with...

There’s no doubt Kevin smith would have done much better...so that means we live in a grey world

that’s almost “next exit on the Highway” at this point...isn’t it?

Reinvestment leads to value...which is what they won’t address and use the “can’t always grow” excuse

It is awfully close - I can tell you this year for me it is "next exit".

Touchdown

Focusing on per caps leads to failure in the amusement park industry over and over again. See Cedar Fair early 2010s, Six Flags 1990s, Disneyland late 1990s. It just doesn’t work, thankfully it only takes 2-3 years for the genius who thought it up to be pink slipped either by firing or by bankruptcy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
but...capacity is the focus here. If the parks are a mess...or they take the prices off the “reasonable” cliff...it will be due to mismanaged capacity.
You ain’t kidding. How often have we spitballed relatively easy and cheaper ways to increase it?

But instead they blow half a billion on a roller coaster that is behind in the race already with it being a replacement and not a new build.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You ain’t kidding. How often have we spitballed relatively easy and cheaper ways to increase it?

But instead they blow half a billion on a roller coaster that is behind in the race already with it being a replacement and not a new build.

...that will probably be too short/low capacity...which is the failure of the “test of wdw”

Last edited:

CosmicRays

Just like when a highway is built but is already way behind the curve.

cmb5002

73 year reigning champion as “worst Highway in the country” as voted by truckers
I've got to provide some context on this because while Penndot and the PA Turnpike are far from perfect, there's a combination of issues that make maintaining their road difficult. Between the number of bridges, the age of the roads, the amount of truck traffic, and the freeze-thaw cycle they experience, it's darn difficult to maintain the roads. One road where I grew up, over the course of ~5 years, had a 2-3' diameter rock slowly force its way through the pavement. Sure they have management and money issues, but their job isn't exactly an easy one.

Now, I'm not going to say building roads in Florida is easier, but if I had to choose between farming rocks on mountains, or fighting groundwater and running sand, I'll pick the latter every time.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've got to provide some context on this because while Penndot and the PA Turnpike are far from perfect, there's a combination of issues that make maintaining their road difficult. Between the number of bridges, the age or the roads, the amount of truck traffic, and the freeze-thaw cycle they experience, it's darn difficult to maintain the roads. One road where I grew up, over the course of ~5 years, had a 2-3' diameter rock slowly force its way through the pavement. Sure they have management and money issues, but their job isn't exactly an easy one.

Now, I'm not going to say building roads in Florida is easier, but if I had to choose between farming rocks on mountains, or fighting groundwater and running sand, I'll pick the latter every time.
Yeah...I’ve lived my whole life within a stones throw of that road...with the exception of my time in Florida...
Started in the west...then the center...now at the east end...

perhaps it would be a better road if it wasn’t built by guys who snuck white envelopes under pies like Shawshank for decades? But you never know...I guess?

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

73 year reigning champion as “worst Highway in the country” as voted by truckers
I have to admit they do some very stupid things. I remember going through Pennsylvania to go to Vermont for a high school reunion in 2016. there was a stretch of 81, I believe, that was under some construction. They had made the highway a single lane in each direction over 20 miles. The barricades were just barely over the width of one lane for that entire distance. If you didn't have a breakdown or an accident it was fine. I was fortunate to be heading north when there was either an accident or a breakdown in the south bound lane. It was near the end of the construction area and cars were lined up and stopped completely for the entire length of that because Pennsylvania wasn't intelligent enough to take into consideration that if that happened there was no where or way to clear the lane. Emergency vehicles could only get to it from one direction and you couldn't even push the car off the road so the rest of the traffic could move. Total genius!

Disney Analyst

Haven’t paid much attention to this discussion, but - ???

70892A32-38ED-4082-BD77-CAAB30114DB7.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom