FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

The pay per ride thing seems odd to me. I would probably rather something closer to Universal. I have the top pass at Universal which grants Express after 4pm. I don't know how realistic something like that would be at Disney but I would definitely upgrade to it if they made that available. Even if they doubled the price of the AP.
A "1 pass covers all" approach is much more palatable and easier to budget for for guests. The pay-per-ride system reeks of cheesy traveling carnivals...which I suspect reflects how Chapek feels about the parks.

mightynine

If you’re going to make the Disney parks into Uber with surge pricing on the rides too, can you at least give me some of those little water bottles?

I wonder if the app will ask you to give a ride five stars and offer the opportunity to tip too.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you’re going to make the Disney parks into Uber with surge pricing on the rides too, can you at least give me some of those little water bottles?

I wonder if the app will ask you to give a ride five stars and offer the opportunity to tip too.
The CMs will be trained to chat you up, ask where you're from, and start relating some of the their personal problems.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This seems EXORBITANTLY expensive
1627999707468.jpeg

rezzyk

So I'm still slightly confused..

There's the regular old line, and then is there a free virtual standby queue you can sign up for? And then on top of that is a paid option?

Seems fine to me honestly. I still haven't been on Flight of Passage because the line was still multiple hours long and all fastpasses were gone for the day(s).

So of this comes to WDW, I can pay let's say $15 and get guaranteed access onto Flight of Passage? Sign me up.

I get that an option for one flat fee would make more sense for families, and maybe one is coming. But for others like me, I wouldn't want to pay $70+ to make sure I can get one on ride (Yes I could use it to get on others I know, but maybe that's not my plan for that particular day).

The bigger question I think is how far in advance these can be booked, because that was the issue with Fastpass. With hotel guests getting first dibs what 90-180 days out from their trip? There was nothing left when it came time for passholders or CMs to be able to reserve

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
There's the regular old line, and then is there a free virtual standby queue you can sign up for? And then on top of that is a paid option?
Close. For Paris...

1. Regular Standby.
2. If Standby gets too long, you show up and get a pass to come back at an appointed time. You don't sign up for it. It's only available when operations thinks it's necessary.
3. Pay-for FP (per person, per ride -- likely a restricted pool of passes)

CaptainAmerica

This seems EXORBITANTLY expensive
Makes me think that the primary goal here isn't revenue, it's to change guest behavior by weaning them off of FastPass and conditioning them to wait standby for everything.

I think about the resort parking fee the same way. Sure, they're happy to collect those fees, but they'd be even happier if they convinced people to stop renting cars entirely.

CaptainAmerica

You realize Disney can manipulate the access to the standby line, right?
"Disney makes guests miserable on purpose to get them to spend more money" is such nonsense conspiracy peddling.

Disney cares about guest satisfaction, believe it or not. They're not always good at measuring it, and they've made some bad decisions in certain areas, but "intent to return" is still something that is tracked and managed very closely.

mightynine

How does that work in practice? Do they start hiding the entrance?
Put a cast member at the the entrance/end of the extended queue with a sign with a QR code to download the Disney Genie app to potentially get a standby pass, as the standby line is at capacity at the moment.

They are going to have to do something, standby queues already spill out past the entrance and if more people choose not to pay to play, I don’t think they’ll have the space.

mightynine

"Disney makes guests miserable on purpose to get them to spend more money" is such nonsense conspiracy peddling.

Disney cares about guest satisfaction, believe it or not. They're not always good at measuring it, and they've made some bad decisions in certain areas, but "intent to return" is still something that is tracked and managed very closely.
Sorry if I have my doubts with a retail guy in charge over a captive audience once they’re in the gates.

CaptainAmerica

They can close the entrance and only allow you to ride with paid fastpass or the virtual standby line. The idea would be Disney will over allocate to paid fastpass and basically just keep the standby closed all day.
That's not the model they set up.

The model is a relatively fixed standby-to-fastpass ratio, with a floating FastPass price to maintain that ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom