Fastpass for TSM?

burninup4nick

Original Poster
Hey everyone...Im not sure if this is in the right place so if it needs to be moved please do so.

Ive been hearing a lot about wait times for TSM being around 70 minutes...all the time. I expected this because it is a new attraction. But Im curious how fast are fastpasses gone?

The reason Im asking is because, say my family doesnt go to epcot until afternoon, we have to do stand by for Soarin because all the fastpasses are gone. We understand its popular and all so we're not complaining about it.

But I wondered is TSM that popular....Do we need to go get fastpasses first thing or if we wait until noon will they still have them?

and also is it open during EMH? Im guessing it is but just wanted to make sure.

EpcotServo

Fastpasses will usually run out before noon.

Yes, it is open for Extra Magic Hours.

I suggest waiting in Standby around closing, the line moves faster.

Keyda

I was at the studios the day Fay hit, FP were gone by 9:15 and the standby line was at 120 minutes. Talk about crazy. I think if you want a fastpass you better get there early.

DisneyGigi

If you can get there at opening heading straight for it and getting fastpasses then hopping in line worked for us. It was really slow while we there a couple of weeks ago but the FP for that ride was still gone by 2 or 3. I would get them early. That is definately the most crowded area at DHS.

krankenstein

If you can get there at opening heading straight for it and getting fastpasses then hopping in line worked for us. It was really slow while we there a couple of weeks ago but the FP for that ride was still gone by 2 or 3. I would get them early. That is definately the most crowded area at DHS.

This is the strategy we used in July and it worked very well for us. We got a ride in on TSMM, TOT, RNR, and GMR before our FP time was up.

isuanastasia

We visited from Aug 4th-11th and had to actually return a second day to the studios so that we could get a fast pass. The first time, we arrived at 1030 and all the fast passes were gone. The second day, we arrived at 930 and the fast passes were going for 3pm. We grabbed those. The ride is amazing but when we went the standby time was going anywhere from 70-120 minutes. Cool ride but not worth that long of a wait time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To give you an idea how popular this attraction is it is the only one that I have ever seen requiring a roped off queue for fast pass that can sport a 30 minute or more wait. Over labor day weekend I spoke to a couple that waited 45 minutes for a fast pass.

If your family wants to go on this attraction you might want to tell them to make an exception and get up early.

mwbrown

We were there in July and got FastPasses about 9:00am for 11:30-12:30, and then got Fastpasses later (about 2ish) for 7:30pm. We also did Standby once and it was at about 50 minutes, but that was at 7:00 a different night.

It is a really cool ride...as worth a wait as Soarin' (but very very different). Soarin' is my Epcot fav, and now TSM is my DHS fav (suplanting a very eligible HToT).

The standby line also has the advantage of going past Mr. Potato Head, which was tragically not working the one time we did standby...

bgraham34

I was there about a week and a half ago on a Sunday and I got to TSM at 9:15 and it was a 30 min wait and Fastpass was distributing from 10:45-11:45. I went back at 11 and when I got off the ride I saw the fast pass distribution from 5:45 to 6:45 with a 40 minute wait.

fosse76

Fastpasses will usually run out before noon.

Yes, it is open for Extra Magic Hours.

I suggest waiting in Standby around closing, the line moves faster.
I agree. I waited 90 minutes the first time I rode it (the wait time said 60 minutes). The next night, I got in line about ten minutes to closing, and the wait was only 20 minutes. Also, the point from where I started in line the second night actually took an hour the night before. So I'm not sure what is going on that the line was moving so slowly the night before.

However, having worked at Six Flags, this what is a weird phenomenon in theme parks. Though the line may be the same length at night as it was during the day, it ALWAYS seems to go faster at night. Though you waited an hour from point x at noon, at 9:30pm it is only 30 to 20 minutes. I think it's a combination of two things: 1) the employees not goofing around and loading everyone quickly; 2) the guests being too tired to act stupid and generally get on right away without being as fussy as they would have been during the day.

Susan Savia

I was wondering how they worked the fast pass line, everybody trying to get one at the same time. At least theres a little bit of order to it. I wouldn't mind standing in line for an hour if I had to, to ride it early in the day. :slurp:

Next Trip - January 2009

DisneyparkFreak

Question about this???

How can a ride that is constantly moving have wait times that are so long? you would figure there would be a flow after a while. or is i the perverbial funnel... more and more people coming and only "X" amount on at a time???

krankenstein

I agree. I waited 90 minutes the first time I rode it (the wait time said 60 minutes). The next night, I got in line about ten minutes to closing, and the wait was only 20 minutes. Also, the point from where I started in line the second night actually took an hour the night before. So I'm not sure what is going on that the line was moving so slowly the night before.

It's called FP. TSMM was originally designed not to have it but WDW management shoehorned it in anyway

the-reason14

We were there in July and got FastPasses about 9:00am for 11:30-12:30, and then got Fastpasses later (about 2ish) for 7:30pm. We also did Standby once and it was at about 50 minutes, but that was at 7:00 a different night.

It is a really cool ride...as worth a wait as Soarin' (but very very different). Soarin' is my Epcot fav, and now TSM is my DHS fav (suplanting a very eligible HToT).

The standby line also has the advantage of going past Mr. Potato Head, which was tragically not working the one time we did standby...

I think 2 times I was in the regular line, potatoe head wasnt working either. This was July, and early morning both times, and I was kinda upset. I did get to see him though on my first day at mgm that trip and he is very cool, but I wish I could have seen him again those other 2 times I was in the standby, because I knew I wasnt gonna be in that line frequently.

krankenstein

what does fast pass have to do with it? shouldnt that make everything go faster

Nah, never does. The only thing FP does is reduce the actual time the holder is waiting in the physical line. Some rides it works out fairly well because they have really high hourly capacity (TOT). When a ride has a relatively low hourly capacity (TSMM, Peter Pan), it actually inhibits ride operations and causes the wait to be longer all the way around.

Dwarful

This quickly became our favorite at the studios. We were there July/August. Got lucky at got the YOAMD fastpasses one day so we rode it five times that day. The kids loved it when we went through stand by and Mr. Potato Head actually started a conversation with my husband. He asked him what his favorite toy was and my husband said "My Mr. Potato Head of course" and Mr. P replied "boy, you should get to ride twice for that great answer!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom