Fastest Ride at WDW

strobe

Re: fastet ride at wdw

Originally posted by ernstaa71
IF PEOPLE WOULD ONLY READ THE INFO DISNEY GIVES OUT THE RICHARD PETTY DRIVING EXPERIANCE IS THE FASTEST , THEY JUST RELEASED A NEW INFO ON IT TOPPING OUT AT 145 MILES PER HOUR GOING 8 LAPS

You make a good point, I forgot that attraction even existed!!!

PS - Could I ask you for a big favor, turn off the caps. Just in case you don't know, caps are considered yelling on boards like these. It makes it a little harder for everyone else to read your posts too :)

Welcome to WDWMagic!! :D

stitch rocks

Originally posted by nikechic
I was told by a bus driver that the fastest ride in WDW was the monorail if they cranked it up to full speed.

the monorail seems it could be the fastest but i still think that the buses could be faster since some of the drivers have lead feet... i am now officially scared to go on them... too many close calls....

Pixie Duster

I feel it is important to focus this discussion on what a guest can actually experience. Yes the monorail has the cpability to go really fast, but there is a mechanism on said vehicle that makes it slow down if it goes over a certain speed (a pilot was explaining this to me one day). One of the buses can go faster than it typically does, but you will not find many drivers that will go over it's normal speed due to regulations, therefore there are not many guest's who will experience it in that way. And I personally do not feel the bus is an attraction.
In conclusion the fastest attraction any guest can experience is the Richard Petty experience.

Roey

The fastest is definately Wonders of Life. Oh wait! I thought you meant fastest attraction to loose interest of guests. :hammer:

J/K :D

Robfasto

Test Track vehicles are supposedly capable of speeds of up to 90MPH.

I have heard they can go well over 100 MPH, which they found out during testing one night before the attraction was ready.

Yes, Richard Petty would be fastest but I don't consider something I have to pay extra to do a true attraction.

WDWKat26

Robfasto said:
I have heard they can go well over 100 MPH, which they found out during testing one night before the attraction was ready.

Yes, Richard Petty would be fastest but I don't consider something I have to pay extra to do a true attraction.

I don't consider it an attraction either. I have a friend who works there, and the thing is, they may be on Disney grounds but it's still "Richard Petty's Driving Experience AT the Walt Disney World Resort" not "Walt Disney World's Richard Petty Driving Experience" or however they would say it. The fastest ATTRACTION is still Test Track at 65mph, with ToT you're dealing with forces of gravity...not speed. The Buses and the Monorail aren't attractions, they're Disney Transportation.

TheOneVader

Yes, there's the STOL Port (Short Take-Off and Landing). It's just North of the Magic Kingdom parking toll booth, and East of the parking lot itself. It's the really wide strip of asphalt to the right of the parking lot, over a road, and through some trees: http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=4&S=11&Z=17&X=1110&Y=7853&W=3

But just like Richard Petty, it isn't an attraction... Plus the fact that while on the ground, landing or taking off, the plane would not exceed the speeds that the NASCARs at Petty do.

PanDuckPA

The definitive answer to this discussion is...

up until 1999 it was the WDW buses at 50 mph
after 1999 it is currently Test Track at 65 mph

This comes straight from the Walt Disney World Trivia Book by Louis A. Mongello

6 months and 5 days until I return home :sohappy: :sohappy: :)

LostNametag

No one may ever read this, but here it is anyway. I thought this topic was interesting, but it overlooked one thing. It doesnt matter how fast any ride *can* go, its the speed that the guests*do* experience that counts. If a TT car was tested at a certain mph, but never goes that fast, then guests dont go that fast. Whatever ride has the fastest speed when *the ride is in motion* is the fastest. It would be a tie between TT and Coaster wouldnt it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom