Fast pass plus

RSoxNo1

Another reason I don't think it will work is because of children. With kids it's hard to plan what happens when no one can agree on what to do. What happens when someone gets sick and the plans have to change.
That's the biggest thing. I think people are already seeing that with kids and the enforcement of the return times of current Fastpass. I know previously we didn't have to worry about making it back to Peter Pan or Toy Story on time if one of my nephews was otherwise preoccupied. The uber planning can work for adults, but ultimately it's just going to stress people out.

RSoxNo1

Here is some additional fastpass+ related info. This comes from Disney's Terms and Conditions, but as always this can change before launch.

Web Site / Mobile App Features:
Disney will add a "Friends and Family" feature to the application and website. Through this site you will be able to create a profile for you and members of your party. You will also be able to add other friends by either sending an invite using their name and birthdate or connecting though friends of friends. You must be 18 or older to manage the account, but there can be managed accounts for children 13-17 that have limited functionality. Children 12 and under are not permitted to register, but can be managed by an adult. There will be two groups of friends, "Managed Friends" and "Connnected Friends". Managed Friends are profiles that the main user creates and manages on thier behalf.

Once friends are accepted they can share information and plan activities together. Friends can share character photos and make plans for both their managed and connected friends. There will be a choice to share all activities with connected friends or just the activites that you have in common. Friends will be able to arrange dining and event reservations together.

The number of Fastpass+ experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction type, the time of year, the day of week, and the prior demand for the expierience.

You may make Fastpass+ reservations for yourself, your managed friends, and your connected friends. Reservations made on behalf of friends will count toward their allotment. Your connected friends may also make reservations on your behalf.

You can only make Fastpass+ reservations for one park per day.

You can only book the same Fastpass+ expierience once per day per person.

If your plans change you can cancel your Fastpass+ reservations for the entire day up until the first pass is redeemed or the first usage window expires.

Unused and expired Fastpass+ reservations are not refunded and count toward your allowance.

Magic your Way ticket holders may make Fastpass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to the day of use. The selection window may vary for other tickets or passholders. Passes with blackout dates won't be able to make Fastpass+ reservations during blackout days.

Fastpass+ will be avaialble for some dining expieriences. This will secure an arrival window and allow you to order before you arrive. This could apply to both quick service and table service.

Edited for spelling.

Do you have a link to this?

John

Here is some additional fastpass+ related info. This comes from Disney's Terms and Conditions, but as always this can change before launch.

Disney will add a "Friends and Family" feature to the application and website. Through this site you will be able to create a profile for you and members of your party. You will also be able to add other friends by either sending an invite using their name and birthdate or connecting though friends of friends. You must be 18 or older to manage the account, but there can be managed accounts for children 13-17 that have limited functionality. Children 12 and under are not permitted to register, but can be managed by an adult. There will be two groups of friends, "Managed Friends" and "Connnected Friends". Managed Friends are profiles that the main user creates and manages on thier behalf.

Once friends are accepted they can share information and plan activities together. Friends can share character photos and make plans for both their managed and connected friends. There will be a choice to share all activities with connected friends or just the activites that you have in common. Friends will be able to arrange dining and event reservations together.

The number of Fastpass+ experiences you may select and arrival windows are limited and based on factors such as the theme park you are visiting, the attraction type, the time of year, the day of week, and the prior demand for the expierience.

You may make Fastpass+ reservations for yourself, your managed friends, and your connected friends. Reservations made on behalf of friends will count toward their allotment. Your connected friends may also make reservations on your behalf.

If your plans change you can cancel your Fastpass+ reservations for the entire day up until the first pass is redeemed or the first usage window expires.

Unused and expired Fastpass+ reservations are not refunded and count toward your allowance.

Magic your Way ticket holders may make Fastpass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to the day of use. The selection window may vary for other tickets or passholders. Passes with blackout dates won't be able to make Fastpass+ reservations during blackout days.

Fastpass+ will be avaialble for some dining expieriences. This will secure an arrival window and allow you to order before you arrive. This could apply to both quick service and table service.

Edited for spelling.

Seriously.....you lost me after the first paragraph. Way to much info to process to have a relaxing vaction. Friends of friends....connected friends...friends of the kids....oy vey Tell me how Disney is going to get this message thru to the masses? I know you are just quoteing this info, and my question is rhetorical.

Jeffxz

Seriously.....you lost me after the first paragraph. Way to much info to process to have a relaxing vaction. Friends of friends....connected friends...friends of the kids....oy vey Tell me how Disney is going to get this message thru to the masses? I know you are just quoteing this info, and my question is rhetorical.

I left out the part where the managing member needs to approve any friend requests for the 13-17 year olds. You can also setup an avatar, and set all your account permissions so that your friends or friends of friends can only see what you want them to see.

The way I'm reading it seems like they are trying to create a Facebook like social network for your vacation. Photo sharing, itinerary planning, etc. I don't really care for the plan either. I'm not sure how many friends of friends vacation together but it looks like this is what a billion dollars buys.

John

I left out the part where the managing member needs to approve any friend requests for the 13-17 year olds. You can also setup an avatar, and set all your account permissions so that your friends or friends of friends can only see what you want them to see.

The way I'm reading it seems like they are trying to create a Facebook like social network for your vacation. Photo sharing, itinerary planning, etc. I don't really care for the plan either. I'm not sure how many friends of friends vacation together but it looks like this is what a billion dollars buys.

hmmmm Disneys attempt at social media.....again

Again, how does this enhance my vacation experience.....onece again rhetorical.

Jeffxz

Here are a few more bits of info I could pull.

RFID
There are mentions of each person being assigned and RFID card or other device. There aren't specifics about what the other devices are, but I think we can assume this is the bracelets. There aren't any suprises in the usage of these. They can be used for park entry, hotel key, purchases, and Fastpass+. There are some disclaimers about recording information about the user, including park and/or resort location, wait time in lines, purchases, and using data for custom tailored experiences. RFID readers may not always be visible to the guest. There is also an explanation that no personal data is stored on RFID devices - only a code that identifies you to the disney systems.

Converting to a paperless ticket - RFID
Tickets can be converted from physical media to paperless through the mobile app or website. Once converted the paper ticket is void, but passholders should retain the paper ticket for other benefits. Paperless tickets are required for Fastpass+. Once tickets are converted to paperless you will no longer be able to use standard Fastpass. You can convert up to five valid tickets for you and your friends. (Doesn't specify if this is per person or five total)

Main Gate Finger Print Scanners
Fingerprint scanners are referred to as "Ticket Tag". They will be used the same way when entering the park. You can opt out of fingerprint scanning by showing a photo id everytime you enter the park.

Fastpass+ FastPicks
The App will contain a feature called Fastpass+ Fastpicks and offer the following options:
-Auto Select Expierences: User selects the day and park and Disney will schedule the experiences
-Auto Select Park: User picks a day, Disney picks the park, user picks experiences
-Auto Select Park + Attractions: User picks a day, disney picks the park and the experiences
-Auto Select Entire Trip: Disney suggets Fastpass+ Experiences for the entire trip
Using Fastpass+ Fastpicks will remove any manually selected Fastpass+ experiences for the selected day

As with all rumors just because these concepts are active now doesn't mean they will make it to the end product.

djlaosc

One complaint on here is the short notice that Disney gives people of rides closing for refurbishment.

So, will Disney now start announcing refurb dates earlier than they currently do so people don't end up selecting Fastpass+ for attractions which will be shut down later, and then not having the chance to choose others because they are already full?

Jeffxz

One complaint on here is the short notice that Disney gives people of rides closing for refurbishment.

So, will Disney now start announcing refurb dates earlier than they currently do so people don't end up selecting Fastpass+ for attractions which will be shut down later, and then not having the chance to choose others because they are already full?

If this info is correct, Fastpass+ should be available to book 60 days from your day of visit. I would hope that any non-emergency refurbs would be announced by then.

Don't worry though becuase if your Fastpass+ is for Soarin' and they close unexpectedly, I'm sure you will be able to rebook one for The seas with Nemo. ;)

djlaosc

If this info is correct, Fastpass+ should be available to book 60 days from your day of visit. I would hope that any non-emergency refurbs would be announced by then.

Don't worry though becuase if your Fastpass+ is for Soarin' and they close unexpectedly, I'm sure you will be able to rebook one for The seas with Nemo. ;)

Yeah, you would hope that Disney would announce non-emergency attractions before 60 days, so that you have enough time to find out before the 60 days. If not, they are just going to have even more problems!

Buried20KLeague

Edited for spelling.

So... I'm still trying to figure out if any old average Joe will be able to do FP+, or if it's a "resort only" perk. What you given us here SORT of feels like it could still go either way.

Does anyone have any hard evidence of which it will be?

EOD K9

This seems as if WDW vacations will add a tad of stress to people who don't go there as often as the majority of people on here. Planning the perfect vacation can be a bad thing.

neoshinok

So... I'm still trying to figure out if any old average Joe will be able to do FP+, or if it's a "resort only" perk. What you given us here SORT of feels like it could still go either way.

Does anyone have any hard evidence of which it will be?

That's exactly what I'm most concerned about. From what I've heard from a few 'in the know' here, it seems like there will be a free version for all guests, with an 'upgrade' version for deluxe resort guests, passholders, and available as an add-on for single/multi day tickets.

This is purely speculation, but I would think the free version would be limited to only a couple FPs per day, while the upgrade may be unlimited, or at least many more.

Count me as "worried".

lebeau

I think that "Fast Pass" will be removed as a word and "Fast Pass+" will be the new entity. They are not taking away Fast Pass, they are creating a new thing that is replacing it. This new thing will be better and more magical for everyone.

You can tell because of the plus sign. If it was bad, they would have called it FastPass Minus.

Resort guests will have their bracelets they can wear and charge things to their rooms and get their fast passes that way...and then non-resort-guests will have their tickets they have to hold onto all day instead of the bracelets.

From what I understand, there will be no printed slips of paper for fast pass but it will all be electronic and if you have a smart phone you can check when your reservations for the attractions will be...but if you don't have a smart phone then you will be able to use your bracelet or ticket to check when it is on a screen somewhere.

Wow. You seem to have a great deal of information that has not yet been revealed to the public. Source?

I actually really enjoy being in the line and looking around, talking to the other people around me, having a little quiet time to just look around and see the sights from the line and get ready for the next experience. It's not my expectation in the parks to bop from one ride to the next with no waiting. I've actually been to the parks the week after Thanksgiving when Disneyland at least was totally dead and it was weird to walk from one ride to the next and jump right on. After a while, it got old and I missed being around the people.

Lucky for you, you can spend lots of time in long, crowded lines thanks to FastPass+!

I wonder if the "+" is for all the magical conversations we will have standing in longer lines.

bhg469

I really wish fast pass was a paid option. I think it would fix a few problems with how the ques are handled.

Patricia Melton

I really wish fast pass was a paid option. I think it would fix a few problems with how the ques are handled.

This is a great idea, actually.

It would cut down on the amounts of Fast Passes that people used if they had to pay a premium to be a Fast-Passer.

It would also make it easier for those of us who don't want to deal with Fast Pass to just walk around the park and enjoy the attractions as we stumble on them. I really don't like having to worry about racing anywhere to get a Fast Pass or else I wouldn't be able to experience something.

I'm going to be in Disneyland on a very rare trip out to Anaheim in January and a friend of mine told me that I had better get in line the second the park opened to get a Fast Pass for the Radiator Springs Racers attraction. I just have a problem with that...because I don't want to be waiting in a Fast Pass line the second I go into a park. I will probably pop over to California Adventure to checkout Buena Vista Street and to see Carsland but I doubt I will be able to ride RSR because I do not want to participate in the craziness of Fast Pass.

I think there's something wrong with the system if people have to be so worried about not being able to experience something unless they get a Fast Pass the second the gates open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom