Fast pass plus

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
fast pass plus is only being offered for resort guests. Fast passes will not/cannot be discontinued because of the purchase of day tickets, local annual pass holders, cm's and their families and others who are not staying on property. This would lead to a very unfair field and a lot of angry people.

Again CM's don't know everything. My statement is based on what Guest relations is putting out.

We haven't heard 'what Guest Relations' is putting out. Having a DS in GR's what is it exactly that they are 'putting out' and how is GR 'putting it out?' Curious.

awilliams4

That pretty much sums up Fastpass+ and our criticism of it. Who in his right mind wants to set an exact time for riding an attraction six months in advance? :confused:

Ceterum censeo tarpinem delendam esse.

I believe it is actually a window of time but to answer your question, me, well us. We hit the parks prior to dinner to shop a bit, eat and after we are done eating we are ready to ride. So for example, I have June ressies on our Tuesday Epcot visit (because that is when Epcot is doing EEMH during that time) and our dinner ressie is 5:45 p.m. at the Nine Dragons. So I know for a fact that I will easily be able to ride Soarin say between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m.

awilliams4

Hey I have a fun idea for a game, lets think of all the ways 1.5 billion dollars could have been put to better use across property rather than being used to data-mine the crap out of us and make everything ridiculously complicated (for a place thats supposed to be about having fun and letting loose) and a logistical nightmare.

...wait no, that's not a fun game, it's depressing.

It is a business. And if you are working now, I bet your business invested in a Data Warehouse at some point in time and I bet your Upper Managerment does data mining from time to time to make business decisions.

awilliams4

I think it's especially problematic - and has the potential to put a stake through the hearts of - DAK and EPCOT. Both parks lend themselves more to an "explore and see what you can discover" style of visiting than the clipboard & whistle, tight-schedule style that seems to be so popular today. The exciting part of these parks is doing things you didn't plan to do: finding a new corner of World Showcase you hadn't noticed before, stopping by an animal exhibit in Maharajah Jungle Trek and just watching the tigers for as long as you'd like, or telling your friends to wait up because you want to watch the model trains at the Germany Pavilion. What role do attractions like Innoventions and Image Works play in a schedule you made before you even got on the plane?

Sad.

Tight schedule? You are going to be able to reserve 3 or maybe 4 things. And when you have a Fast Pass, depending on the attraction/show, how long does it really take to do those 3 or 4 things.

I just hope that all the folk that have been doing nothing but complain about Fast Pass+ will show themselves again in another 24 months or so after the initial bumps are dealt with.

Scuttle

Is this real life? Who would want to order at a restaurant before even arriving? Hearing the waiter's personal recommendations is one of the best advantages of fine dining. I couldn't imagine just arriving at Le Cellier and having my steak handed to me the moment I sit down... what a terrible dining experience that would be.

I'm pretty sure it's only for counter service.

WDW1974

NextGen is mostly a good idea...except for FastPass+. I love the idea of RFID for entering the prks and opening your resort room and buying stuff. But booking 69 days in advance for a specific times lot and for specific food is just insane... :confused:

Except RFID tech for doors has been around (and used) for years. Buying stuff same thing ... no different than my SpeedPass at ExxonMobil or chip credit cards in Europe (we're just behind them naturally).

NEXT GEN is about all the other stuff. Like planning a meet and greet with Daisy at the MK on May 6, 2013 at 1:40 p.m. just before your 1:55 p.m. lunch at BoG and your 3:10 p.m. ride on PPF. Awful.

jdmdisney99

Except RFID tech for doors has been around (and used) for years. Buying stuff same thing ... no different than my SpeedPass at ExxonMobil or chip credit cards in Europe (we're just behind them naturally).

NEXT GEN is about all the other stuff. Like planning a meet and greet with Daisy at the MK on May 6, 2013 at 1:40 p.m. just before your 1:55 p.m. lunch at BoG and your 3:10 p.m. ride on PPF. Awful.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that it's great that they're now trying to fully utilize the technology. But they shouldn't over do it. The booking ahead of time is just stupid. Sitting and waiting for stuff is part of the experience. I don't want to arrive in my reserved monorail car at 6:15 PM, walk in the park at my activated 6:17 PM, walk to BOG for my 6:20 PM reservation, and go inside as I sit down at my table to my already prepared food that comes to me exactly at 6:25 PM. Then I would be there and done by 6:45 because I'd be ushered out due to crowds and so I could give Disney my money everywhere else (and make my 7:00 FastPass+ at LM)! :mad:

awilliams4

Is there anyone here obsessive enough about planning to think this is a good idea (no, I haven't read the thread ... just skimmed)?

A billion and a half dollars and climbing that's going to be a PR disaster and an operational one too ... amazing.

Me. If you have dining reservations at 60+ days out, I suspect you have an idea of where you will be that day. There are only going to be 4 or so things you can reserve with two tiers. I would guess that when many vacation at WDW and they have dinner dining reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:00 p.m, they can probably figure out without too much difficulty whether they anticipate they will be wanting to ride Space Mountain before or after dinner. If it is after dinner for example, now you have to spend all of about 10 seconds to figure out that 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. for Space Mountain is a time that will probably work for you.

Not all that amazing to me.

Foolish Mortal

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying that it's great that they're now trying to fully utilize the technology. But they shouldn't over do it. The booking ahead of time is just stupid. Sitting and waiting for stuff is part of the experience. I don't want to arrive in my reserved monorail car at 6:15 PM, walk in the park at my activated 6:17 PM, walk to BOG for my 6:20 PM reservation, and go inside as I sit down at my table to my already prepared food that comes to me exactly at 6:25 PM. Then I would be there and done by 6:45 because I'd be ushered out due to crowds and so I could give Disney my money everywhere else (and make my 7:00 FastPass+ at LM)! :mad:

Nah, gotta think bigger/more adventurous, same schedule except.....making a 7:15 FP for Soarin' or Toy Story.

WDW1974

Me. If you have dining reservations at 60+ days out, I suspect you have an idea of where you will be that day. There are only going to be 4 or so things you can reserve with two tiers. I would guess that when many vacation at WDW and they have dinner dining reservations at Liberty Tree Tavern at 6:00 p.m, they can probably figure out without too much difficulty whether they anticipate they will be wanting to ride Space Mountain before or after dinner. If it is after dinner for example, now you have to spend all of about 10 seconds to figure out that 8:00 to 9:00 p.m. for Space Mountain is a time that will probably work for you.

Not all that amazing to me.

What that should say is : If you have to have dining reservations at 60+ days out ...

I don't know what I'll be having for dinner tonight. And Disney is creating a system where you have no choice, you either join or your whole experience will much crappier than ever before and feature lines everywhere and anywhere.

tracyandalex

Is there anyone here obsessive enough about planning to think this is a good idea (no, I haven't read the thread ... just skimmed)?

A billion and a half dollars and climbing that's going to be a PR disaster and an operational one too ... amazing.

While I do not necessarily think it is a good idea (I'm trying really hard to reserve final judgement until I experience it for myself) I do think that a lot of serious planners like myself will do it because like me they feel they may miss a favorite attraction without doing it. Thus Disney will get the appearance of "hey people like it"

tracyandalex

What that should say is : If you have to have dining reservations at 60+ days out ...

I don't know what I'll be having for dinner tonight. And Disney is creating a system where you have no choice, you either join or your whole experience will much crappier than ever before and feature lines everywhere and anywhere.

This exactly!! I plan our trips 6 months in advance because I have to. I do also enjoy it, but I do still fell like I have to, especially if we want to eat at certain places. The bolded is why folks will do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom