Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

matt9112

What are the rumors on what this ride will be like? Really just a carbon copy of Kong?

well the same ride system yes. since its copied from the tram ride in California. virtual que has also been confirmed like Fallon so that's not like kong and (j usy a guess) we probably get a scene or two of real sett pieces like kong but unlike the California version of fast and furious. I don't have any insider knowledge but I expect it to be well enough and more importantly have high capacity. my biggest complaint with Disney is they seem to only want to build massive E ticket rides that have 4 hour lines....this fast and furious attraction will flesh the area out well.

OG Runner

Plenty of issues to iron out. TM previews are no where on the radar right now and any sort of public opening is more than a month away.

Hi, I am trying to push too much, but again, why do you say that? Do you have specific information,
or are you just making a guess, based on past attractions. How do you know "Plenty of issues to iron out"?
I mean, when Disneyhead'71, noted executives had ridden the ride and enjoyed it, supporting information
was provided.

Mouse Trap

Hi, I am trying to push too much, but again, why do you say that? Do you have specific information,
or are you just making a guess, based on past attractions. How do you know "Plenty of issues to iron out"?
I mean, when Disneyhead'71, noted executives had ridden the ride and enjoyed it, supporting information
was provided.

It's been over a week since posting "TM previews should occur any day now" so that is out the window. It'll be a couple more weeks at least. Basically the ride isn't working as intended and certainly no executive has physically been on board yet.

OG Runner

Does the park announce when executives do test ride or TM previews take place? I thought in an earlier post someone mentioned
that the executives had ridden and that is why TM previews were expected to follow. Is there a way to actually know when these
test runs have or will take place?

JoeCamel

Does the park announce when executives do test ride or TM previews take place? I thought in an earlier post someone mentioned
that the executives had ridden and that is why TM previews were expected to follow. Is there a way to actually know when these
test runs have or will take place?
If you know people you find out things but an announcement? - No

OG Runner

Do you know if the people making these statements know people, or are we just hoping they really know someone or something?

OG Runner

Well, I am going to Universal in May and it would be great to go on a new ride. The reason for my question, was
not one of urgency, but more having idea if the information found here can be believed or are they just offering
options, based on speculation, based on air?

JoeCamel

Well, I am going to Universal in May and it would be great to go on a new ride. The reason for my question, was
not one of urgency, but more having idea if the information found here can be believed or are they just offering
I would think you could get a ride by May but everyone else would want one too. Been there, done that a few times. Doubt I will ever do it again.

lebeau

"Spring" to me does not include May, so I would expect it to be open by then. We will be at Universal around that time as well. If it's open, I will check it out. If it's not, I can wait for next time. It's the Kong ride system with the Hollywood F&F video. I have ridden Kong and watched the video online so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what we're in for. My expectations are pretty low so I'm not concerned one way or another.

Voodoo Donuts, on the other hand... ;)

cheezbat

"Spring" to me does not include May, so I would expect it to be open by then. We will be at Universal around that time as well. If it's open, I will check it out. If it's not, I can wait for next time. It's the Kong ride system with the Hollywood F&F video. I have ridden Kong and watched the video online so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what we're in for. My expectations are pretty low so I'm not concerned one way or another.

Voodoo Donuts, on the other hand... ;)
You do realize 'spring' technically goes until mid June...

lebeau

Yeah, but most people consider June to be summer. I'm not saying I'll throw a fit over a technicality. I think I've made it pretty clear I'm not concerned about when F&F opens. But when you advertise something as opening in the Spring, I think that says March-April-May to most people.

smile

Yeah, but most people consider June to be summer. I'm not saying I'll throw a fit over a technicality. I think I've made it pretty clear I'm not concerned about when F&F opens. But when you advertise something as opening in the Spring, I think that says March-April-May to most people.

i've thought that odd for years -
the generally held ideas of the seasons being:
march april may - june july aug - sept oct nov - dec jan feb...
should actually be:
april may june - july aug sept - oct nov dec - jan feb march

JoeCamel

I am sure they would like to have this open by April 15 but as with Kong they need to tune it. So far so good but it is not perfect so we wait. Certainly not behind schedule.

Bairstow

Are we sure they're using Kong ride vehicles? Wouldn't it make more sense to just reuse the Earthquake/Disaster tram system that's already in there? The concept art certainly seems to indicate that this is what they've done.

JoeCamel

Are we sure they're using Kong ride vehicles? Wouldn't it make more sense to just reuse the Earthquake/Disaster tram system that's already in there? The concept art certainly seems to indicate that this is what they've done.
Tram system was falling apart and is long gone. Kong vehicles that look like tour busses without the trackless feature. It has a busbar guide.

Rob562

Kinda hard to reuse a ride system when they tore the building down to a pile of dirt...

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom