Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Ok, so how many? Ball park figure will do
Why is it so hard for you guys to believe? Do you live in Orlando? It isn't unbelievable at all if you live here. I know you guys jumped to the assumption that I was trying to claim "I am important" but that isn't what I meant.

ColinP29

Why is it so hard for you guys to believe? Do you live in Orlando? It isn't unbelievable at all if you live here. I know you guys jumped to the assumption that I was trying to claim "I am important" but that isn't what I meant.

If there are 100 visitors and you spoke to 95 of them, you would have obviously spoken to a large majority and your information is most likely incredibly accurate.

If there are 10 million visitors and you've spoken to 95 of them then your information is from an incredibly small percentage and so can't really be taken seriously as the 'overall opinion' can it?

So by confirming how many you have spoken to, I would be willing to agree with your points on the assumption you have spoken to a valid number of people to get the general consensus on the screen rides at Universal.

Just by saying 'a lot' doesn't really carry any weight, does it?

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
If there are 100 visitors and you spoke to 95 of them, you would have obviously spoken to a large majority and your information is most likely incredibly accurate.

If there are 10 million visitors and you've spoken to 95 of them then your information is from an incredibly small percentage and so can't really be taken seriously as the 'overall opinion' can it?

So by confirming how many you have spoken to, I would be willing to agree with your points on the assumption you have spoken to a valid number of people to get the general consensus on the screen rides at Universal.

Just by saying 'a lot' doesn't really carry any weight, does it?

Oh ok sorry, let me go find my spreadsheets, hold on.

Nj4mwc

Kongfrontatation was replaced by Mummy, which has a lot of practical effects.

And I'm pretty sure Diagon Alley is more popular than the Jaws ride ever was.

And Universal just rebuilt Hulk and opened a whole water park, neither of which are screen heavy.

0517-volcano-bay-beauty.jpg
I think the Mummy is vastly underrated.

smile

Mummy is good, it could be great with some tweaks: a more coherent storyline, better visuals during the fast part, change the false ending to something not fourth wall-breaking, and a better ending than "cup of coffee"

can't disagree with any of that...
suppose that speaks to how good it is.

OG Runner

Any further word on the ride this discussion was supposed to be about? Any clearer idea of when the Fast & Furious ride will open?

OG Runner

I am not trying to be a troll or start an argument, but why is it Disney can tell us Toy Story Land will open on June 30, 2018,
while we keep getting an opening date of "Spring" for Fast & Furious?

Castle Cake Apologist

Isn't Na'vi in a box mostly projection mapped?
Na'vi River Journey, while not a very good ride, is not a "screen ride". It uses a few screens and projections to enhance physical scene. This is not the same as the screen being the scene.
I was just wondering about the mechanics of "Na'vi in a box." How much is AA, how much is projection mapping.

I'm late to the party, but I think that the poster was referring to the Na'Vi in the queue of FoP. The one in the tube. That is purely an AA suspended in water and is quite impressive, despite it's somewhat limited motion.

The first Na'Vi in River Journey isn't an AA at all, it's a projection on an inverted figure. Like a larger-scale high tech version of the busts who appear to follow you on HM.

Last edited:

OG Runner

I'm late to the party, but I think that the poster was referring to the Na'Vi in the queue of FoP. The one in the tube. That is purely an AA suspended in water and is quite impressive, despite it's somewhat limited motion.

The first Na'Vi in River Journey isn't an AA at all, it's a projection on an inverted figure. Like a larger-scale high tech version of the busts who appear to follow you on HM.

Sorry, but that is incorrect. I have been on Na'Vi River Journey and it is an AA, which according to Disney is the most advanced
AA they have in all four parks. The figures in the Frozen ride at Epcot are the projection type figures you refer to. Supposedly,
the AA on Na'Vi River has a newer computer system to give it a much smoother flow.

Castle Cake Apologist

Sorry, but that is incorrect. I have been on Na'Vi River Journey and it is an AA, which according to Disney is the most advanced
AA they have in all four parks. The figures in the Frozen ride at Epcot are the projection type figures you refer to. Supposedly,
the AA on Na'Vi River has a newer computer system to give it a much smoother flow.

Yes, the Shaman is definitely an AA, but I wasn't referring to her. You'd have to be blind to think that she isn't an AA, although they do swap her out with a projection when she is having technical difficulties.

My post referred to the first Na'Vi you pass, in the beginning of the ride. He is not an animated figure at all. He is literally just a concave statue of an Na'vi with rear projection providing the "animation."

OG Runner

Yes, the Shaman is definitely an AA, but I wasn't referring to her. You'd have to be blind to think that she isn't an AA, although they do swap her out with a projection when she is having technical difficulties.

My post referred to the first Na'Vi you pass, in the beginning of the ride. He is not an animated figure at all. He is literally just a concave statue of an Na'vi with rear projection providing the "animation."

I misunderstood. There are also some projection screens of some of the animals and an interesting affect in the "leaves"
overhead. It appears small animals are jumping on the large leaves, but you just see their shadows and the leaves moving.
It is probably something that was simple to do, but I found it entertaining.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

This guy...

G5AEL0.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom