Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

They did say that this is the last screen ride for a while, but yeah, I do agree. Its frustrating to see them raise the bar with Hogsmeade, raise it again with Diagon Alley, and then revert back to their half-assed and uninspired ways.

Is this a new creative team - or is it still the same players who did Harry Potter?

The last few years have been incredibly lazy, no vision - this obsession with screens and motion simulators is soul draining.

I really wish i was a fly on the wall with Universal's creative team when they came up with the concept of Fast and Furious :

"I know what we need - ANOTHER MOTION SIMULATOR AND MORE SCREENS !!!''

Do you think no one in the meeting said enough is enough now?

lebeau

I really wish i was a fly on the wall with Universal's creative team when they came up with the concept of Fast and Furious :

"I know what we need - ANOTHER MOTION SIMULATOR AND MORE SCREENS !!!''

Do you think no one in the meeting said enough is enough now?

We all know this is a cheap, fast way for them to put in new attractions. They are just porting stuff like Kong, Transformers and F&F from coast to coast. I don't like it, but I understand the business decision. I believe them when they say that F&F is the last of these for a while. While I am not a Nintendo fan, I am excited by the possibility that Nintendo land will be a return to greatness. And supposedly that SLoP ride will not be screen-based. Keep the faith.

Universal has had some missteps recently, but they are doing a lot to upgrade and expand the resort overall. Despite a rough opening season, Volcano Bay is going to be a fabulous addition to round out a stay at Universal. Saphire Falls and Aventura are beefing up their hotel line-up. There's plenty more in the pipeline. No reason to let Kong, Fallon and F&F get you down.

We all know this is a cheap, fast way for them to put in new attractions. They are just porting stuff like Kong, Transformers and F&F from coast to coast. I don't like it, but I understand the business decision. I believe them when they say that F&F is the last of these for a while. While I am not a Nintendo fan, I am excited by the possibility that Nintendo land will be a return to greatness. And supposedly that SLoP ride will not be screen-based. Keep the faith.

Universal has had some missteps recently, but they are doing a lot to upgrade and expand the resort overall. Despite a rough opening season, Volcano Bay is going to be a fabulous addition to round out a stay at Universal. Saphire Falls and Aventura are beefing up their hotel line-up. There's plenty more in the pipeline. No reason to let Kong, Fallon and F&F get you down.

Where have they said they are ending screen rides? Do you have any links? Cheers.

If they are stopping screen attractions it's great news - but the weird irony being Nintendo land probably lends itself to screen attractions !!! (Fast N Furious in no way should have been a lazy screen attraction, it lended itself to so much more creativity).

Jaison

Universal was not being truthful with the claim that they are done with screen attractions. This summer they are opening a replacement for SHREK in Hollywood themed to KUNG FU PANDA, which is YET AGAIN another SCREEN ATTRACTION.

https://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/just-announced/

This must have been designed after F&F, so like I said their claim was 100% false. I understand the limitations for KONG and F&F being added to the tram tour in Hollywood, but it is shear laziness that they are simply copying the SAME ride to Orlando.

lebeau

Universal was not being truthful with the claim that they are done with screen attractions. This summer they are opening a replacement for SHREK in Hollywood themed to KUNG FU PANDA, which is YET AGAIN another SCREEN ATTRACTION.

This must have been designed after F&F, so like I said their claim was 100% false. I understand the limitations for KONG and F&F being added to the tram tour in Hollywood, but it is shear laziness that they are simply copying the SAME ride to Orlando.

I'm not sure you could put a ride in the building that formerly housed a 4-D movie. Didn't the replacement for Shrek kind of have to be film-based?

lebeau

Where have they said they are ending screen rides? Do you have any links? Cheers.

If they are stopping screen attractions it's great news - but the weird irony being Nintendo land probably lends itself to screen attractions !!! (Fast N Furious in no way should have been a lazy screen attraction, it lended itself to so much more creativity).

I will try to find the quote, but hopefully someone else has it handy and can beat me to it. The general gist was not a promise to end screen based attractions, but rather that Universal had heard us, they recognize the problem and they are addressing it with future attractions.

I'll add the quote when I can track it down.

OG Runner

Has anyone heard of a more definitive opening date for the ride? I will be at Universal the first week in May.
Hopefully, I can end the speculation as to if this is or is not a good ride.

So this is just going to play the same way as Kong isn't it?

Get on a bus, quick 20 seconds around some cars then the same video as Hollywood, with maybe a little surprise at the end ....

This has to rank as the biggest low from the Universal creative team since they began doing parks. Even in the bad days they were still making stunning attraction whenever they did. See how revolutionary Spiderman was, etc etc i could go on and on. Universal's creative always pushed the boundaries with creativity and was a trend setter. Those days are long gone it seems. Back to back lazy screen attractions - Despicable Me, Fallon, Kong, and now this.

No excuses for this lazy rubbish.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Also don't forget that, while Diagon Alley itself is amazing, Gringotts has always had kind of a mixed reception for it, too, being more of the same. The use of screens is already tiresome enough... it's even worse now that they've decided that it's okay to have your riders sit and watch action that isn't even happening to them. The first two screen scenes in Kong are so meh because of this.

While we're ragging on Universal, I want to add that lately the parks have looked very rundown, dirty, and unpolished. While I do believe that UOR does a much better job than Disney at maintaining ride show quality, the parks themselves are looking worn. There are so many things that clearly have not been touched up, polished, refurbished, etc. since 1990 and 1999 respectively.

raven

Didn’t Disney do the EXACT SAME THING when copying rides to Orlando? Almost the entirety of MK is a copy of Disneyland. Then they brought over Soarin’, Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Lights Motor Action, and more, including stores, bars and restaurants.

And wasn’t Disney’s last completed attraction a screen-based one? (Flight of Passage)

Up until recently, Universal was restricted with expansion capabilities. F&F will be a great replacement for the dated and low-attended Disaster attraction.

OG Runner

You are
Didn’t Disney do the EXACT SAME THING when copying rides to Orlando? Almost the entirety of MK is a copy of Disneyland. Then they brought over Soarin’, Little Mermaid, Toy Story Mania, Star Tours, Lights Motor Action, and more, including stores, bars and restaurants.

And wasn’t Disney’s last completed attraction a screen-based one? (Flight of Passage)

Up until recently, Universal was restricted with expansion capabilities. F&F will be a great replacement for the dated and low-attended Disaster attraction.

You are absolutely correct about some of the same rides in both parks, but compare Soarin' and Flight of Passage. Both are
screen based, but completely different and very immersive. If F&F was set-up like Flight of Passage, then you would have one
serious ride!

Disneyhead'71

Universal Studios Florida has EPCOT Center Syndrome. There is a reason 2 Omnimover attractions and the Star Tours clone have been replaced/closed.

smile

Universal Studios Florida has EPCOT Center Syndrome. There is a reason 2 Omnimover attractions and the Star Tours clone have been replaced/closed.

pains me to say, but yeah... an interesting way to look at it -
however, while that sure didn't help matters, it can't be stated as the lone reason - unless used as cover for every other reason.

The_Jobu

I stuggle to believe how half-assed this ride looks to be. Even the cgi looks like lazy cgi. I hope this gets some kind of plus. It's so generic.

smile

I stuggle to believe how half-assed this ride looks to be. Even the cgi looks like lazy cgi. I hope this gets some kind of plus. It's so generic.

i always try to make an effort to reserve judgment -
but this? not my cup of tea in any way, shape, or form.

at least i can believe this exists, though; fallon on the other hand.............. :facepalm:

raven

You are

You are absolutely correct about some of the same rides in both parks, but compare Soarin' and Flight of Passage. Both are
screen based, but completely different and very immersive. If F&F was set-up like Flight of Passage, then you would have one
serious ride!
Flight of Passage is set up like Simpsons/Back to the Future but with individual simulators and glasses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom