Fast & Furious- Supercharged details officially released

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I'm not a Uni hater, but, that's just PR BS. Superhero Island is only tenuously related to "literature" (much less a novel). Then you have the Dudley Do-Right IP which is based on a cartoon. I mean "Toon Lagoon" says it all -- non literature based. Poseidon thingy is not at all based on any classic ancient literature but a Hollywood version of it. There was no King Kong novel before the movie.

If that was an idea at one time... then it's a good thing they don't advertise it in the park because it would be a big ol' lie.

You're just upset that you can't ride Pteranodon Flyers. :joyfull::hilarious:

lebeau

Got to ride F&F this week. It's as bad as people say.

The queue is cool if you're a car person. But the layout is terrible. The rooms with all the cool car stuff are empty so you end up rushing through them. Then you go through two incredibly lame preshows and spend a great deal of time waiting in barely themed hallways and switchbacks. If we're going to spend 20 minutes waiting in line (with EP), why not let us spend that time in the rooms with all the cool stuff?

The whole thing is just a waste of so much space.

chrisd68

My wife and I rode this a few weeks ago and I went with an open mind despite the negative reviews.

Unfortunately it was probably the worst ride experience I can remember since Stitch at MK. We were both completely underwhelmed and disappointed with the third rate graphics and boring story line.

Such a shame we lost both Bettlejuice and Disaster for this especially as we both love US (we're AP's) but hopefully with some re-imagining they might be able to turn this around and make it an attraction worthy of multiple visits.

matt9112

Got to ride F&F this week. It's as bad as people say.

The queue is cool if you're a car person. But the layout is terrible. The rooms with all the cool car stuff are empty so you end up rushing through them. Then you go through two incredibly lame preshows and spend a great deal of time waiting in barely themed hallways and switchbacks. If we're going to spend 20 minutes waiting in line (with EP), why not let us spend that time in the rooms with all the cool stuff?

The whole thing is just a waste of so much space.

why buy EP? i have never been to universal and been like man these lines. granted coming from disney thats a no brainer. granted i will prob upgrade my pass to the highest level with the free after 4 perk soon. as an aside the single rider line is the worst its legit a bare bones hallway. for what its worth the theme is warehouse and thats the vibe i get. im a car person and a version of my daily driver is in there (GTI right before first bus preshow) so im prob biased but i thought it was fun. I think the problem is everybody thinks it was meant to be some E ticket. no its a nice filler attraction. not every ride should be some amazing thing.

edit (universal is advertising it pretty hard and in reality its not that headliner)

OG Runner

I guess that is why none of the parks have just one ride. Different rides do appeal to different riders. In the case of the Fast & Furious,
I just think people were expecting more and really feel like they got much less.

lebeau

I guess that is why none of the parks have just one ride. Different rides do appeal to different riders. In the case of the Fast & Furious,
I just think people were expecting more and really feel like they got much less.

In my case, it was exactly what I expected it to be which wasn't good. I would be fine with it if there was literally no wait. Anything more than a walk-on and I will pass. Also, it has a massive footprint which is just a shame. It's like if One Fish, Two Fish took up a lot of prime real estate. Except as spinners go, One Fish, Two Fish is good and F&F is like Kong but worse.

;)

WDWFREAK53

I’m not a fan of F&tF movies (never watched them) but I am a “car guy” and so is my son. When we were at Uni he was only 6 and I had no idea what to expect but he was able to ride it so we thought we’d give it a shot. I couldn’t believe that it was actually a product that Uni would’ve put out there. The effects were cheesy, the ride was the furthest thing from “Fast” and it totally missed the mark on what an attraction around this franchise should be. My son enjoyed the queue way more than the ride itself. What were they thinking? I’m a huge fan of Uni but wow…what a miss.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I’m not a fan of F&tF movies (never watched them) but I am a “car guy” and so is my son. When we were at Uni he was only 6 and I had no idea what to expect but he was able to ride it so we thought we’d give it a shot. I couldn’t believe that it was actually a product that Uni would’ve put out there. The effects were cheesy, the ride was the furthest thing from “Fast” and it totally missed the mark on what an attraction around this franchise should be. My son enjoyed the queue way more than the ride itself. What were they thinking? I’m a huge fan of Uni but wow…what a miss.
This was your first step toward complete and total disenchantment with theme parks. The next challenge: Ride Antarctica at Sea World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom