Fantasyland Rumor Gaining Steam

Magic Feather

Better yet, just overlay Frozen on It's a Small World. No one likes that song anyway. All the dolls could sing "It's a small world, Let It Go!"
Oh! Oh! They will spray paint all the dolls ice blue, and the storyline will involve Elsa freezing the world and enchanting all to sing "Let it Go" the final room will get the most theming, where there will be a small wall mount of Elsa with a multicolor background finishing Let it Go with her power solo finish. The goodbye room will be spray painted blue and snap a photo of your ears bleeding that you must purchase to get of the ride. Plus, the already limited motion of the dolls will make it seem like they are frozen. We can call it... It's A FROZEN World It'll have a 100000000 min Fast pass wait and everything.

Blairnicol

BOG is really lovely & I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to emulate it at DL, with the success they've had with it at WDW. I would be SHOCKED if a FL expansion didn't include something Frozen. Would love to see Marc Davis' Snow Queen boat ride come to life to the tune of Frozen.

SpaceMountain75

Please, let's not give them any ideas. The other characters around the attraction are completely unnecessary.
*gasp* How dare you say you don't think paper mache Stitch riding up and down on a surfboard is unnecessary?! :hilarious:
year2009_smallworld2009disney.jpg

mickEblu

Original Poster
Regardless of our personal preferences, no one can deny that a Frozen ride would be extremely popular and most likely draw more people to visit than say a Beauty and the Beast ride would.

True, so let's just get both. An expansion of just one ride and one themed restaurant would be a little disappointing.

dweezil78

Aren't cultural stereotypes and generalizations the basic foundation of the attraction?

Yeah... I don't have a problem with the cowboys/farmer thing personally. It jives with the rest of it. I just hate how that room feels so dead and soulless compared to the rest of the ride, for lack of any better terms. You can literally feel the energy momentarily sucked away for a minute.

GiveMeTheMusic

It's a poorly designed trash heap that takes you right out of the established ride aesthetic. And I do think the representation choices are poor.

D

Deleted member 107043

And I do think the representation choices are poor.

Poorer than the African section? I always thought it was the most absurd. They gave an entire continent one of the smallest rooms with the blandest cultural representation in the entire ride.

GiveMeTheMusic

Poorer than the African section? I always thought it was the most absurd. They gave an entire continent one of the smallest rooms with the blandest cultural representation in the entire ride.

The Africa room isn't great, but it was also designed in the 60s, a time in which Americans weren't so culturally aware. The America room was designed in 2008, 2009 (or somewhere thereabouts) - so what's its excuse for being lame and awful?

D

Deleted member 107043

The Africa room isn't great, but it was also designed in the 60s, a time in which Americans weren't so culturally aware. The America room was designed in 2008, 2009 (or somewhere thereabouts) - so what's its excuse for being lame and awful?

Well to be honest lots of people I know find Small World to be lame and awful. In any case, maybe they were trying to keep tune with the whimsical cultural stereotypes from the original 1960s attraction. I agree that they failed, but so did the original designers with the African section.

Fox&Hound

It's a crime that Tangled does not have more of a presence. It got a bad case of being overshadowed by its younger sibling (looking at you Frozen). I sometimes wish there was more time between Tangled and Frozen, because while Frozen is great, it stole any thunder and focus that Tangled rightfully deserved. Would love to see a Tangled ride come to DL (and WDW for that matter)....

Curious Constance

Let's face it, 99% of Small World's appeal is the fact that you sit down for about 10 minutes, in the cool air conditioning, floating through water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom