Fantasyland Rumor Gaining Steam

GiveMeTheMusic

Right, if they did we would have some sort of Lion King presence at DL for sure. I'm just trying to figure out why BATB, a 24 years old IP is the only IP that's not relatively new ( Tangled , Frozen ) that seems to be considered for new attractions/ restaurants, at least in the states.

It sells merch. Belle is one of the more popular princesses, plus just about everyone likes the movie. It's bound to be popular and it's an important property for the company that's underrepresented in the parks.

mickEblu

Original Poster
It sells merch. Belle is one of the more popular princesses, plus just about everyone likes the movie. It's bound to be popular and it's an important property for the company that's underrepresented in the parks.

Makes sense. I only have 1 kid (1 month old) so I don't really have an understanding of what sells or not besides the obvious hot IPs like Frozen. But if I had to guess (when it comes to fairy tales) I would say Frozen / Tangled are the top as they are the newest. Then Mermaid / BATB for their staying power and being very distinguishable IPs/ characters. Then everything else. Although BATB Is not my favorite Disney animated film (I think it's a tad overrated ) it's definitely in my top 6 or 7. It would obviously make a great ride. I hope someone from Disney reads these boards.... A BATB "MYSTIC MANOR " ride would be a smash at DL. Kudos to whoever threw out this idea first.

Californian Elitist

Right, if they did we would have some sort of Lion King presence at DL for sure. I'm just trying to figure out why BATB, a 24 years old IP is the only IP that's not relatively new ( Tangled , Frozen ) that seems to be considered for new attractions/ restaurants, at least in the states.

Belle is arguably the most popular princess, not to mention Beauty and the Beast was considered, and still considered one of Disney's best.

Phroobar

I guess its hard to build a Hunchback of Notre Dame ride. Maybe we could chase Quismoto as he swings along a building? A Pocahontas river adventure would be too big. A Hercules area could be cool. Lots of things they could do with greek gods. I think the best would be a Black Cauldron ride. That movie and books had so much potential. Too bad Katzenberg and Eisner screwed it up.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I need a Magic Carpet dark ride, and I don't care where it gors.

This needs to happen. A suspended E ticket on the scale of the Peter Pan they re building in Shanghai. Except I would like some coaster capabilities for the thrill portions like the escape from the Cave of Wonders. This is the sort of E ticket DCA could use. And the finale could be a majestic ride through the "Whole new world" sequence. I wish this was going into the Marvel Expasnion pad instead.

Brer Panther

Please no Frozen. We've already got Anna and Elsa taking over the Aladdin theater at DCA, plus I don't think the sing-along is going anywhere anytime soon.

George Lucas on a Bench

As long as what will undoubtedly be Frozen and Disney princess attractions aimed at little girls (see: New Fantasyland at MK) don't interfere with what's already there. Fantasyland is perfect.

Phroobar

They will just repropose Storybook Land and Casey Junior to be the queue and ride entrance to mega e-ticket Frozen ride and gift shop.

mickEblu

Original Poster
As long as what will undoubtedly be Frozen and Disney princess attractions aimed at little girls (see: New Fantasyland at MK) don't interfere with what's already there. Fantasyland is perfect.

This would be disappointing. There's a lot of potential for great attractions with some of the IPs that haven't been used in the park.

Magic Feather

O Hellllllllllllllllll no !
The queue will start right where monstro is, themed to a whale shaped icecave, using Storybookland and Casey as the queue. They are going to replace all vignettes with frozen themed ones, and put fake ice where the canal was. The queue will go around the canal (with gaudy "Ice handrails", and then that gorgeous flower planting of Storybookland will be ripped out and in its place a ramp that goes to the second part of the queue along the Casey Jr Track with extra ugly railing for OSHA compliance. It will break off into the loading area and giant showbuilding that takes over the Fantasyland theatre. Lastly, you will exit right through the iconic lighthouse and old boat storage (painfully themed to a lighthouse shaped glacier). Yup it's all happening

mickEblu

Original Poster
The queue will start right where monstro is, themed to a whale shaped icecave, using Storybookland and Casey as the queue. They are going to replace all vignettes with frozen themed ones, and put fake ice where the canal was. The queue will go around the canal (with gaudy "Ice handrails", and then that gorgeous flower planting of Storybookland will be ripped out and in its place a ramp that goes to the second part of the queue along the Casey Jr Track with extra ugly railing for OSHA compliance. It will break off into the loading area and giant showbuilding that takes over the Fantasyland theatre. Lastly, you will exit right through the iconic lighthouse and old boat storage (painfully themed to a lighthouse shaped glacier). Yup it's all happening

LOL. Please stop giving them ideas.

Phroobar

Better yet, just overlay Frozen on It's a Small World. No one likes that song anyway. All the dolls could sing "It's a small world, Let It Go!"

mickEblu

Original Poster
Better yet, just overlay Frozen on It's a Small World. No one likes that song anyway. All the dolls could sing "It's a small world, Let It Go!"

From what I understand it's not stopping in Fantasyland. Over in Main Street we'll be getting The Walt Disney Story: Featuring Great Moments with Hans. And in Adventureland I hear that the Jingle Cruise was just a test run for the inevitable Frozen take over. When the ride reopens in late 2016 it will be renamed "The Jingle Trek." Aside from just the more "Frozen" appropriate name, the Rivers of this opening day attraction will be permanently Frozen over. Which of course is the real reason the attraction is going under renovation this year. The "upgrade" to the loading dock is only being done to cement the boats into the Frozen River. Guest will board the boat only to immediately disembark when told by their new skipper, Elsa, that she has accidentally Frozen the river and needs your help finding her sister who got lost in the Frozen jungle. The adventure then quickly becomes a "where's Waldo experience" where guests will wander through the jungle on foot and try to point out and find (with Frozen wands purchased in the Queue) the real Anna amongst a sea of jungle animals dressed as Anna in disguise. The experience will be somewhat like Star Tours 2.0 in that every Trek, Elsa will have a different hiding spot. The only constant will be the final destination. The Wonderful World of Frozen gift shop which has engulfed the Indiana Jones attraction and queue. The guest on the Jingle Trek that spots Anna gets a prize each time. A special coupon , " BUY ONE ITEM, GET THE SECOND ITEM 5% OFF. *** cannot be combined with AP discounts."

In any case, we should all just be thankful that we still have the Jungle Cruise in any form. Word on the street is Tony Baxter had to convince the higher ups that the attraction was worth keeping around. Apparently, due to the high operating costs of the ride, Bob Iger was planning on mowing down the entire jungle to build Villa Iger...which would span from Walt's old apartment above the firehouse to the Jungle Cruise queue.

Sorry , couldn't resist. Had to join in on the fun.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom