Fantasyland Expansion vs The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

the-reason14

Wasnt disney suppose to have the kuko technology? How did Universal steal it from them. I remember reading a thread on here years ago about an imagineer being really excited about a new ride system, claiming it will be a "breakthrough." It so happened that this is what Universal is doing, and I also heard disney cant use this technology, is this true?

CaptainMichael

It's not opinion, it's fact. We know that Universal is putting a lot more money into getting HP up and running than Disney will do with the FL expansion.
Actually, if internet *facts* are to be believed, Universal is spending much less than Disney...about half. WDI spends like drunken sailors.

Dinging in Beast castle with Lumiere greeting me... priceless.

HPatFJ.... priceless.

HP will probably revolutionize themed rides- BUT it will probably have another height limit.... which pretty much means little kids aren't welcome

:/

Also, I'm hoping nothing gets delayed with Harry Potter... please before Summer! :/
I doubt there will be much of a height limit. There probably will be one but only because some scenes may be too scary. If you can read Harry Potter, you can probably ride. It won't be on a coaster track, it will on a regular track, but the car is on a robotic arm like the ones you see at "Sum of All Thrills."

It is rumored that the attraction will feature Salazar Slytherin (beyond just going in the CoS)

CaptainMichael

Wasnt disney suppose to have the kuko technology? How did Universal steal it from them. I remember reading a thread on here years ago about an imagineer being really excited about a new ride system, claiming it will be a "breakthrough." It so happened that this is what Universal is doing, and I also heard disney cant use this technology, is this true?

Disney probably didn't feel that such an attraction was needed at MK. It would have been an Incredibles ride in Tomorrowland using the Kuka technology, but you snooze, you lose. It's now exclusive to Universal at least for a few years.

EpcotServo

Yes, since both are years away from being both completely finished, now is the obvious time to render judgment on which is better...

:lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes, since both are years away from being both completely finished, now is the obvious time to render judgment on which is better...

Didn't you know it's always better to pass judgment with less than half the information available? :brick:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
In hindsight- It is easier that way. Saves time.

I've often found it is indeed easy to pass judgment. The hard part is getting all of the facts to make sure the judgment being passed is accurate to begin with.....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mermaid will in no way compete with FJ. Mermaid will be very good. FJ will be like off the scale. It will have issues and shortcomings, but will redefine the fully immersive ride experience and re-ridability. And no, FJ will not go physically upside down.

SirGoofy

Mermaid will in no way compete with FJ. Mermaid will be very good. FJ will be like off the scale. It will have issues and shortcomings, but will redefine the fully immersive ride experience and re-ridability. And no, FJ will not go physically upside down.

Yes. Can't wait.:D

jonnyc

You don't happen to able to tell us anything else about FJ? :drevil:

worldfanatic

Mermaid will in no way compete with FJ.

Forbidden Journey will be great, and the new technology will make it off the hook. But you're still just looking at a screen.:shrug:

I always prefer viewing objects that are actually in front of me, as opposed to those taken with a camera.

For this reason, my edge goes to Little Mermaid.

plaz10

I don't know how the ride vehicle will work! I wish I did, but I don't know!:lol:

From everything we've heard from our resident expert, the show scenes will blow you away, and it will be a mix of physical sets, screens, and AAs(including a very bid basillisk from what I've heard).

No, I doubt it will go upside down. I think they're trying to get as many people on this ride as possible.

where did you hear about this? I've been trying to find a better description of the ride but can't. I'm personally terrified of the basilisk and don't think i'd be able to ride it. haha

krankenstein

Forbidden Journey will be great, and the new technology will make it off the hook. But you're still just looking at a screen.:shrug:

I always prefer viewing objects that are actually in front of me, as opposed to those taken with a camera.

It will have a combination of screens, sets, and AA.

SirGoofy

As Krank already said, FJ will have sets and AAs as well as screens.

where did you hear about this? I've been trying to find a better description of the ride but can't. I'm personally terrified of the basilisk and don't think i'd be able to ride it. haha

There's a poster on this site who works on the project, and he drops hints from time to time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Forbidden Journey will be great, and the new technology will make it off the hook. But you're still just looking at a screen.
The intro will consist of a `screen`, after that you`re off with screens, animatronics, physical show scenes... the works.
You don't happen to able to tell us anything else about FJ?
Not really. Nothing I can say on the web.

_Scar

The intro will consist of a `screen`, after that you`re off with screens, animatronics, physical show scenes... the works.
Not really. Nothing I can say on the web.

You'll enter through the green fire right? :shrug:

And will it really extend upwards of 60+ feet? Any drop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom