Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

EPCOT Explorer

No. They still made movies
:brick: I get it. :lol: Sheesh.
As already stated the parks were well into their development by the time SB actually reached the screen. The thing SB did do for Disney is change the way animated movies were made (large layoffs followed the movies release and xerox copying replaced hand tracing cells) and what subject matter was covered.

As for SB begin a critical success I would hardly say it was considering the scathing reviews it got. One critic commented that Maleficent looked like a clumsy Charles Addams drawing! Everyone was disappointed with it after a decade of hype and a huge promotional campaign that went on forever (not to mention high ticket prices for a 75 minute "Roadshow" attraction). Now it is loved however and respected by critics and the public alike. Time has a way of changing opinion.

There's the confirmation I was looking for. Thanks.

RobParr77

Why on Earth would they want to create a "Sword in the Stone" attraction? Disney doesn't want to promote movies that were flops...

They might have been flops back when they were originaly released. But think about the amount of children who have grown up to them on home video and would love to see them in the parks. I myself am 30, and can think of many Disney movies animated or not that I would love to see some sort of attraction for now.

As far as the Sword In The Stone, lets not forget that WDW had that whole ceremony with pulling the sword out of the stone. (not sure if any of the other Castle parks had the same thing) One of the greatest thing imagineers have to pull from is the huge catalog of movies.

On the same note if some of the newer movies had been comercial hits, like Atlantis for an example, maybe we would have had a 4th mountain in MK by now... like many of you Id love to see Fire Mountain finaly come to life.

Animaniac93-98

As far as the Sword In The Stone, lets not forget that WDW had that whole ceremony with pulling the sword out of the stone. (not sure if any of the other Castle parks had the same thing).

Disneyland Paris and Disneyland have or at least had at one point identical shows. Such a shame they ditched it at WDW.

nemofinder22

Disneyland Paris and Disneyland have or at least had at one point identical shows. Such a shame they ditched it at WDW.

I believe Disneyland's was cut some time this year, such a shame :( You would think with POD not performing the Sword in the Stone would have been able to stay. Oh well bring on another new firework show, 4 different firework shows in a year 2 of them brand new :D

_Scar

I believe Disneyland's was cut some time this year, such a shame :( You would think with POD not performing the Sword in the Stone would have been able to stay. Oh well bring on another new firework show, 4 different firework shows in a year 2 of them brand new :D

Mary Poppins land > SitS

disneysroyal411

To me fire mountain would be fun and thrilling but that's one of those things not for the MK, at least IMHO.
This is because at first you would need a massive show room.
Secondly it's a little too thrilling for the MK.
Thirdly and lastly, to me the loops and zero G rolls that make up flying coasters (I'm pretty sure thats what it was supposed to be) are not family friendly, and set in the MK guidelines (my mental book of what should go here or not) there shouldn't be any or at least little amounts of inversions in rides.

These things in my humble opinion rule it out of MK.

tirian

As already stated the parks were well into their development by the time SB actually reached the screen. The thing SB did do for Disney is change the way animated movies were made (large layoffs followed the movies release and xerox copying replaced hand tracing cells) and what subject matter was covered.

As for SB begin a critical success I would hardly say it was considering the scathing reviews it got. One critic commented that Maleficent looked like a clumsy Charles Addams drawing! Everyone was disappointed with it after a decade of hype and a huge promotional campaign that went on forever (not to mention high ticket prices for a 75 minute "Roadshow" attraction). Now it is loved however and respected by critics and the public alike. Time has a way of changing opinion.

I suppose it depends which reviews you read, because every original review I've read was positive. :shrug:

Oh, well. Why are we still talking about this?

EPCOT Explorer

You're not helping....:lol:
I knew what you were asking but I just wanted to see your reaction :lol:
:fork::ROFLOL:

Heavy Metal

I'm new to posting here on the board but I've been lurking here reading this board for over a year. I gotta say, I LOVE this expansion! Sure, it's got alot of things that are kinda geared toward girls but I still think it'll be pretty cool. I'm just happy to see them adding something to The Magic Kingdom!

_Scar

I'm new to posting here on the board but I've been lurking here reading this board for over a year. I gotta say, I LOVE this expansion! Sure, it's got alot of things that are kinda geared toward girls but I still think it'll be pretty cool. I'm just happy to see them adding something to The Magic Kingdom!

Welcome! And although the bulk of the expansion is geared towards girls, the rest of MK offers aguably more boy-geared attractions rather than girls attaction.

_Scar

One week later! Iam still excited!:sohappy::lol:

:sohappy:1,000 POSTS!:sohappy:

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

champagneBottlePopsCorkt.gif

FutureCEO

They might have been flops back when they were originaly released. But think about the amount of children who have grown up to them on home video and would love to see them in the parks. I myself am 30, and can think of many Disney movies animated or not that I would love to see some sort of attraction for now.

As far as the Sword In The Stone, lets not forget that WDW had that whole ceremony with pulling the sword out of the stone. (not sure if any of the other Castle parks had the same thing) One of the greatest thing imagineers have to pull from is the huge catalog of movies.

On the same note if some of the newer movies had been comercial hits, like Atlantis for an example, maybe we would have had a 4th mountain in MK by now... like many of you Id love to see Fire Mountain finaly come to life.

I would love to see an Atlantis ride in Disney...one that is not based on the movie.

_Scar

If anyone has seen the new Disneyland Halloween commercials with animation, they should use this form of advertising the new FLand.

Here's the vid:

[youtube]uFSKqol2_g8[/youtube]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom