Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

klineski96

Can someone overlay the refurb blueprints with an ariel view of MK?

Hello all!
I'm just wondering if anyone out there can take the Fantasyland/Toontown refurb blue prints and overlay them with an ariel photo of Magic Kingdom.

I'm trying to get a good visual idea of what the park is going to look like and where everything is going to end up in the future based on the blue prints.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance! :)

wolf359

Here's one that was floating around another thread.

fantasylandoverlay.gif

I've been thinking about the Cinderella, Belle & Aurora "attractions." I wondering if these are NOT meet & greets at all and just experiences for guest. So no pics and autographs at these spots, so truly attractions.

Several years ago (at least in 2006) the Magic Kingdom hosted a "Magical Beginnings Extra Magic Hour" for kids. Lots of characters came out and played with the kids, but no "formal" pictures or autographs were allowed. Peter Pan and Wendy were playing Red Light, Green Light, Minnie had a beach ball and was playing catch with the kids, Snow White and Dopey had an activity going on, Eeyore, Pooh & Tigger were playing with the kids in their playground. Anyway, so I wonder if some of these attractions were born out of the idea that the kids enjoy the interaction with characters in this way more than just getting a picture and autograph.

Just a thought. Plus maybe they figure that these three princesses can be met at other locations (character meals/Epcot) and the meet & greet format isn't necessary here. On the blueprints, Ariel has a labeled meet & greet as do Tink & Pooh, so maybe these others aren't glorified meet & greets as we all were assuming.

Other random thoughts on this. Helping Belle recreate the Beast story reminds me of a kids version of the World Showcase Players and the having a place to make a birthday card for Aurora is a version of a KidCot station (and they are a popular diversion for kids at Epcot) - so maybe thought something like this would be welcomed at the MK.

I hope so as this was one of the most magical moments we particpated in. My little girl doing the hookey pokey with Minnie and Daisy and some of the best photos I've ever gotten.

~Amanda

Lucky

I'd have to say this is VERY welcome news. There are several Disney animated films that have little to no presence in the parks (and were popular movies), and others that have a tad too much presence (Stitch). Fantasyland has never exactly been themed like a real storybook land, IMO......it was always something of a handful of rides thrown about behind the castle. I like the illustration of this reimagined Fantasyland and look forward to checking it out once it's finally finished.
I agree. The new LM ride will be a great addition, but the storybook theming will be even bigger. The only down side is that the other MK lands may seem lame in comparison unless they get their own upgrades eventually. They'll be handing out Fastpasses at the front gate for Frontierland and Tomorrowland atrractions to keep everyone from overcrowding the new Fantasyland. Even with the extra space, it'll be crazy-busy there when it's all done.

billwhseng

I know we can't wait. :sohappy: The trick will be explaining to my 5 year old that it will take a few years to make it happen!!! I assume they will still have the story time with Belle while ths contruction happens. It sounds like they will be moving it inside too. This is a great thing as the last 2 times we tried to go to see it, it was raining and the cancled the show.

Rob562

What does it say in the area I circled in red? I was thinking it said "Belle attraction..." does it? And what is the pink castle behind cindy's castle in the concept art?

untitled.jpeg

That's the interactive Belle Meet n Greet mentioned in the presentation, where the kids go in and put on a little play/skit for Belle, each taking a role from the movie.

(Which brings up the question, I presume that this will mean the end for Storytime with Belle in the little theater by Cosmic Rays?)

The castle in the background is the Beast's Castle, which will be on top of the Be Our Guest restaurant.

-Rob

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
(Which brings up the question, I presume that this will mean the end for Storytime with Belle in the little theater by Cosmic Rays?)

-Rob

I was just thinking about that earlier this morning!
I'm sure they'll find some use for that area - will be interesting to see.

jt04

One thing I will never, ever debate you on!:D

Centers? Plural? I don't think we need more than one.

I do know of a little space in EPCOT that was recently used for a display very much like a Blue Sky presentation...:shrug:

Well I'm hoping for a "Blue Sky Atrium" upstairs at Imagination. Because Imagination is at the root of all Imagineering does. Perfect fit. And it will let Epcot share in some of the excitement while the park awaits it's turn.

SirGoofy

Well I'm hoping for a "Blue Sky Atrium" upstairs at Imagination. Because Imagination is at the root of all Imagineering does. Perfect fit. And it will let Epcot share in some of the excitement while the park awaits it's turn.

I don't see upstairs IMAG opening anytime soon, unless they just let the floodgates open and start greenlighting projects like crazy.:shrug:

jt04

I don't see upstairs IMAG opening anytime soon, unless they just let the floodgates open and start greenlighting projects like crazy.:shrug:

The BSC at DCA does not take up much room and the atrium at Epcot is already cleared. Seems a rather simple project and it would draw people to Imagination. Win Win.

dznygirl64

Im not happy with the new Fantasyland.So we are getting only one ride and are going to have two dumbo rides?Ok the Arial ride looks good and thats it,the Dumbo area looks like a carnival area just like Dinoland and everything else is a meet and greet.I like the be our guest dining but the Gastons tavern?The magic kingdom is alcohol free ,I know we have liberty tree tavern now with no alcohol.I think there is so much more they could have done than just build meet and greet areas one ride and a dinoland remake.:shrug:Did you notice in his speach that Pixie hollow will not be built in the first phase of Fantasyland.

jtizzle1023

I love the idea for a new fantasyland but it is to much girl themed where is the love for the guys also i dont like the idea to going to houses of princess and just have a meet and greet. I want more dark rides. Thankfully we are getting the mermaid ride which will make it more exciting. I LOVE the new dumbo area as he is one of my favorites.... All in all im not 100% sold on the idea.....poor toontown....

janoimagine

The BSC at DCA does not take up much room and the atrium at Epcot is already cleared. Seems a rather simple project and it would draw people to Imagination. Win Win.

Never thought about it till you guys mentioned it, but a Blue Sky Cellar would be perfect for Imagination.

Hopefully we haven't cursed it now. :D :lookaroun :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom