Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

disneysroyal411

They should do a halloween IASW where the dolls have knives and are all bloody with little kid body parts in their arms and they're trying to get you!:lookaroun

That is at least how I feel every time I ride, there eyes, so unmoving but yet somehow staring at you!
(shudders with fear):hammer:
sorry bout that but they do scare me.
Once again I feel as though my posts are completely pointless and the thread would do better without because whenever I post the thread seems to stop and no one responds after that:cry:

nemofinder22

On youtube find the Parks & Resorts Press Conferance video where they are all sitting in a room taking questions from the media. One of the questions was about if the old Fantasyland rides would recieve updates and changes and Eric Jacobson answers saying "yes as a matter of fact Peter Pan and I believe It's a small world will be going down this year for upgrades"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi5HcT4h94Y

Starts at 6:13

"were constantly updating the underside of Fantasyland uhh I think Peter Pan and umm one of the other facades it's a small world are under going major redos (coughs) treatments this year. Its part of our on going maintenance, but were always trying to make them better than they were before, so our guests will be delighted then they were before we took them down."

EvilQueen-T

i grew up in orlando and i've been to the mk 30 or 40+ times dating back to the first october they were open...yes i was a child and i'm not telling my age (much). we still tend to call the mk "disney" and i remember having to have those stupid little booklets and only getting to ride your favorite rides once...we still loved the park. i remember epcot as the most boring place on earth when the big ball was the only ride and with it's changes we now, of course, love the park. i remember the first year extra magic hours started [before it was all over the website] and no one was in the park...best time there EVER...and it all changes with time. all of it is more crowded now and we have multiple parks instead of just the mk...and we've all learned to love the changes they've put in over time. but all in all i think it just comes down to the fact that the popularity of the mk has out grown it's size and it's time to add on...we all moan and grumble but always adjust and we end up falling in love with [most of] what they do and long for a little pixie dust when we've been away to long. my advice is to take lots of pictures now so you can drive your grandkids crazy about how it used to be...just a thought because it's a long way from concept to open for business.

_Scar

i grew up in orlando and i've been to the mk 30 or 40+ times dating back to the first october they were open...yes i was a child and i'm not telling my age (much). we still tend to call the mk "disney" and i remember having to have those stupid little booklets and only getting to ride your favorite rides once...we still loved the park. i remember epcot as the most boring place on earth when the big ball was the only ride and with it's changes we now, of course, love the park. i remember the first year extra magic hours started [before it was all over the website] and no one was in the park...best time there EVER...and it all changes with time. all of it is more crowded now and we have multiple parks instead of just the mk...and we've all learned to love the changes they've put in over time. but all in all i think it just comes down to the fact that the popularity of the mk has out grown it's size and it's time to add on...we all moan and grumble but always adjust and we end up falling in love with [most of] what they do and long for a little pixie dust when we've been away to long. my advice is to take lots of pictures now so you can drive your grandkids crazy about how it used to be...just a thought because it's a long way from concept to open for business.

I know I'm going to take LOADS of pics of FLand in my Dec. trip.

The Empress Lilly

'Jacobson confirmed that the Flying Carpets of Aladdin will remain in Adventureland, and not converted to the second Dumbo spinner as rumored'.

Dang it! There goes one of the best aspects of the FL expansion! :cry:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I hate to be the one to bring this up, but does anyone else think the presence of 10,000 double strollers will have a seriously negative impact on the ambiance of this new fantasy land?

Atomicmickey

I hate to be the one to bring this up, but does anyone else think the presence of 10,000 double strollers will have a seriously negative impact on the ambiance of this new fantasy land?

It is what it is. Whaddaygonnado? I suspect, yes, but, I am sure that they're
taking strollers into account in the design.

Walter Yensid

It is what it is. Whaddaygonnado? I suspect, yes, but, I am sure that they're
taking strollers into account in the design.

I agree. I swear the whole stroller phenomenon is in the past 10 years. I swear I did not notice them as much before then. Did people not use them 10 years ago? haha

Seriously though, I agree. They must be definitely taking this into account. At first, the FastPass stations were always in the worst place and never fit into the theme. This was because they were new and never thought of in the design. But, with the new rides and the older ones, Disney has done a great job creating a decent home for them to not draw as much attention. I feel they will do the same for the strollers...I hope anyway.

SirGoofy

I agree. I swear the whole stroller phenomenon is in the past 10 years. I swear I did not notice them as much before then. Did people not use them 10 years ago? haha

Seriously though, I agree. They must be definitely taking this into account. At first, the FastPass stations were always in the worst place and never fit into the theme. This was because they were new and never thought of in the design. But, with the new rides and the older ones, Disney has done a great job creating a decent home for them to not draw as much attention. I feel they will do the same for the strollers...I hope anyway.

They better. As someone who works in the parks, strollers are a nightmare. I really wish is was possible for them to not be allowed in the park, but I know that's impossible.

Walter Yensid

They better. As someone who works in the parks, strollers are a nightmare. I really wish is was possible for them to not be allowed in the park, but I know that's impossible.

How long have you been working there? Do you always remember the strollers being as much a nightmare. Maybe I was not paying attention, but I swear the sheer number of them is more and more each year. What did people do before? It is amazing. I always feel bad for the cast members who need to arrange them constantly.

SirGoofy

How long have you been working there? Do you always remember the strollers being as much a nightmare. Maybe I was not paying attention, but I swear the sheer number of them is more and more each year. What did people do before? It is amazing. I always feel bad for the cast members who need to arrange them constantly.

I've only been with the company for a couple years, so I wouldn't know about back in the day, but I don't remember them being as bad when I visited as a kid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom