Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

muteki

Did a quick overlay using the overview artwork and an angle in Google Earth that I could get to match the best.

1z733mg.gif

(refresh to see it again or open it in a new tab)

This is really nice, something I was trying to do the other day just swapping back and forth.

I am just not getting the Dumbo section. Either the artwork is out of date (since we have seen several conflicting versions), Barnstormer is moving or being replaced, or Speedway is is being changed.

I can't see any other way around it, if we are to use the latest overview artwork as how the plan is to be. If it is actually closer to the original blueprints (and it may be, the artwork could have been commissioned long before detailed plans were drawn up) then I see that being more workable.

Time will tell...

MUTZIE77

I know what I'm about to say will proably be unnoticed by most of you, but I do have a suggestion. In sake of making peace, why don't we just call it a draw?

We know nothing really. All we can base our information are from a few pieces of concept art, and a blueprint. People who say this will be a great addition might have a different opinion later on when this comes out. On the same token people who think this is very girl oriented and a lame addition might also have a different opinion later on. Alot of the lands are proabley not finnalized (Pixie Hollow for example), and maybe feature future attractons in the Phase 2. Again in the same token the budget may be cut even further and the atmosphere from the concept art will look like apples, and orangers.

Point is we need to wait. This expansion isn't coming out till 2013, and MANY things can be changed from today and 4 years till now...Not saying you shouldn't give your 2 Cents, but just be open minded. An not base everything from just concept art...

Well, you were right, nobody else noticed this post. Yes, the expansion has been announced. We know a little about the attractions going in the new area. None of us know for sure what the plans are, and maybe WDI hasnt thought of it all yet. As a 23 year old male MK is my favorite park and before the announcement I was happy with the attractions that already existed in the park. Each trip I make, I spend way more time at MK than any of the other parks. Sure I would like to see more thrill rides, but we are getting a huge expansion with incredible theming. I go to MK to get lost in the fantasy world and that is exactly what the expansion will provide. By the looks of the concept art I am very excited about it. None of us knows exactly what these plans will include, as time passes we will all learn more. As for the dumbo area, for those who feel that the circus theme does not belong in MK, it most certainly does when the theming actually makes sense. I think that area will look great as well. As Radiohead has mentioned at least 3 or 4 times thoughout this thread, WDI may be leaving room for additions within the meet and greet areas. In conclusion, I see both sides of this, but the upside is much greater to me than the downside. We are getting a brand new E tickets attraction that sounds and looks spectacular. I would say "what more do you want?" but then someone would say "more thrill rides." MK to me is not about thrills, but about getting away from the real world. That is my two cents, it took me a few days to finally get through the entire thread and post my reaction.

mpoppins76

So I am WAY behind & have been out of the loop on this but this looks like it's going to be fantastic!!!
Dumb question that has probably been covered, but there's no WAY I can read through all 69 pages: I assume Fantasyland will be closed completely for the entire construction period until the new Fantasyland reopens?

mpoppins76

So I am WAY behind & have been out of the loop on this but this looks like it's going to be fantastic!!!
Dumb question that has probably been covered, but there's no WAY I can read through all 69 pages: I assume Fantasyland will be closed completely for the entire construction period until the new Fantasyland reopens?
Nevermind, just found the FAQ's :eek: :hammer:

SirGoofy

But that's DCA....

So?:shrug:

Nope. Dumbo will close for a short period of time but that's it.

_Scar

I really don't see Pan and iasw going down anytime soon, especially if Jungle goes down.

LOL, you and jungle cruise refurb :p. It looks like their roofs are now brown...? (or is that Snow White I'm seeing in the big concept pic?). I hope their queues get updated, still. Peter Pan practically has no themeing at all in its queue. I hope Dumbo is the last thing to be moved before the 2012 opening so there isn't a huge eye sore for 3 years....

The Conundrum

I really don't see Pan and iasw going down anytime soon, especially if Jungle goes down.

On youtube find the Parks & Resorts Press Conferance video where they are all sitting in a room taking questions from the media. One of the questions was about if the old Fantasyland rides would recieve updates and changes and Eric Jacobson answers saying "yes as a matter of fact Peter Pan and I believe It's a small world will be going down this year for upgrades"

What time estimate have you heard for Jungle going down? Immediatly after Space or next year sometime?

My hunch tells me that Petey and IASW will close sometime in November and probably reopen Jan/Feb time frame and Jungle will go down in March and reopen in the summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom