Fantasyland Becomes Facade-Land

The Conundrum

Hmm...did you make that statement in 2007? Because isn't FL supposed to open in 2012?

Math is hard.

Edit. Found it:

Yep, math is hard.

I made the statement in 2008 and have been repeating it since. Don't forget that only part of it opens in 2012 and construction will continue well into 2013 for the announced stuff. Many people here told me I was wrong and that I was a fool to think Disney wouldn't have new additions ready by the 40th. which was pure fanboy dream.

jakeman

I made the statement in 2008 and have been repeating it since. Don't forget that only part of it opens in 2012 and construction will continue well into 2013 for the announced stuff. Many people here told me I was wrong and that I was a fool to think Disney wouldn't have new additions ready by the 40th. which was pure fanboy dream.
But you joined in April 2009?

I think people tell you that you are wrong for many, many other reasons...

WDWGoof07

But you joined in April 2009?

I think people tell you that you are wrong for many, many other reasons...
Oh snap...:lookaroun:lol:

sweetpee_1993

Look at this picture. Look at the design/facade appearance on the fabric...

facade.jpg

For those that are saying this is merely a little touch-up, think about what we see here. The facade pictured on the fabric is very, very different from what is existing. Usually the "picture" looks like what is there and being retouched, right? Wouldn't this very different visual indicate what is to come? I'm no expert, have no "inside" info or anything. I'm just noticing a little something and feeling mighty excited. I really hope this is the look that is to come. I think FL will look and flow so much better with the story if you exit the back of Cindy's castle into a village that leads into the new FL princess areas. Ya know?

Jt, my love, thank you thank you thank you for posting the link. I agree. It does begin! Woohooooo!!! :sohappy:

sublimesting

I LOVE the mercahndise. It shows Disney is listening and on the right track back. Add to this the refurbs and I am very pleased with what's happening.

RSoxNo1

I bought the Jungle River/Cruise shirts this weekend. I'm a fan, although ideally Disney would make more subtle t-shirts. Something with the logo for the attractions like you'd see on a polo shirt. This would work with all the old Epcot Logos, and several other existing logos.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fland was like that all last week. The area beind the Christmas Store is for a new meet n greet.

The JC shirt (and Tiki Room!) are by the Aladdin spinner; the best way I remember is how I was guided; the second `market` stall from the right when looking around the spinner. They`re at the back.

hpyhnt 1000

Look at this picture. Look at the design/facade appearance on the fabric...

facade.jpg

For those that are saying this is merely a little touch-up, think about what we see here. The facade pictured on the fabric is very, very different from what is existing. Usually the "picture" looks like what is there and being retouched, right? Wouldn't this very different visual indicate what is to come? I'm no expert, have no "inside" info or anything. I'm just noticing a little something and feeling mighty excited. I really hope this is the look that is to come. I think FL will look and flow so much better with the story if you exit the back of Cindy's castle into a village that leads into the new FL princess areas. Ya know?

Jt, my love, thank you thank you thank you for posting the link. I agree. It does begin! Woohooooo!!! :sohappy:

Um, I'm sorry, but I think its not. Mrs. Pott's Cupboard has always looked like that, as evidenced below. This refurb appears to be touch-up, not new facade construction. :shrug:

MsPotts_00.JPG

EDIT:

Although, if you look at the other facade, where did the clock tower go? Hmmm... interesting. :veryconfu

IMG_0197.JPG

Mansion Butler

Most of those facades aren't recent and have nothing to do with the FL expansion. It's just touching up of the buildings all over MK from some extra money that went in to the budget. It's been going on piece meal for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom