Fantasmic to Close in 2012?

jt04

You can write a survey to show whatever you want the outcome to be.
You can also target the people that are most likely to answer a question a certain way.

Is the average WDW guest the doctor making $500,000 per year?
Is the average WDW guest the couple that saved for 10 years to take a once in a lifetime trip?
Is the average WDW guest the grandparents taking the grandchild?
Is the average WDW the high schooler on their senior trip?
Is the average guest the "Night of Joy" hellraiser?
Is the average guest the "Red Shirts" in June?
Is the average guest the tour group from Brazil in July?

There is NO average guest.

Fortunately the can take more than surveys at DCA. I'm thinking time will prove WoC is needed at every resort because of guest demand. The proof will be in the numbers and time will tell.

Cheerio :wave:

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
Exactly. And if Disneyland, with two little parks crammed next to each other, can perform two Fantasmic's (9:00PM & 10:30PM) and three World of Colors (9:00PM, 10:15PM & 11:15PM) every single night, seven days per week during peak vacation periods, then certainly WDW needs to be offering some additional night spectaculars in its four parks spread on sprawling property.

It's for that reason alone that I can't buy the rumor that Fantasmic! at DHS is closing within a year or two. It just makes no sense whatsoever. All WDW's Fantasmic needs is a little TLC and some Disneyland-style tech upgrades, and a nightly schedule, and it should be good to go another 20 years.

i agree with you 100 percent, but why all the cutbacks at fantasmic? is it to push ELP? maybe..... or ROE? doubtful i think it attractions kind of a different crowd. I just dont think it all adds up, when have you gone and that theatre wasent at least 80 percent filled? yet there cutting back? i mean, i know that when there were cutting back a year ago, it was because they wanted to push more people towards American Idol, but even then that doesnt make sense as the Abc theatre holds 1100 while fantasmic holds 9000.

and not that i like this idea, but if they did take down fan and put it one or 2 e-tickets, it might actually become disneys E-ticket/18-34 park.

you also have to take into account that disneyland, there guest and the way they operate are much different than WDW's. DLs Fantasmic is filled every night because its in the middle of the park and physically you can walk out of the mansion or pirates and watch it,

Disneyson 1

If I was these guys I would ADD another F! Show so it shows at least 3/5 days in the normal week and twice on the weekends... I've been on some pretty off-peak times and the stadium was full to the brim... and that's before the show cuts!

P.S. F! Needs an upgrade badly. It's getting to a point that they have neglected the show SO much that if they all of a sudden upgrade the show they can market it to death as if it was a new show and it would turn out as popular, possibly, as when it first opened. Maybe they can piggyback off of Tokyo for some effects and stuff? I know it's a theatre in the round in Tokyo, but they can easily borrow effects and stuff to upgrade WDW's version. And we need a REAL Maleficent. Just so long as it's head doesn't fall off...

P.P.S. And if they DO close Fantasmic, they'll need an IMMEDIATE REASON for the closure. This isn't just going to slip away unnoticed, even my "average" family friends and acquaintances consider F! a "can't-miss" and would be devastated if it left.

PixarfortheWin

This is like the cast rumor that has been going around for the last three years that Aerosmith is being replaced by either Miley Cryus or Jonas Brothers for Rock n Roller coaster......

trr1

thumbnail.aspx

warning warning danger danger

docnabox

You can write a survey to show whatever you want the outcome to be.
You can also target the people that are most likely to answer a question a certain way.

Is the average WDW guest the doctor making $500,000 per year?
Is the average WDW guest the couple that saved for 10 years to take a once in a lifetime trip?
Is the average WDW guest the grandparents taking the grandchild?
Is the average WDW the high schooler on their senior trip?
Is the average guest the "Night of Joy" hellraiser?
Is the average guest the "Red Shirts" in June?
Is the average guest the tour group from Brazil in July?

There is NO average guest.

Regarding your first point, take it from me that this doctor certainly doesn't make $500,000 per year. The average one doesn't either. But I do think that would be a great premise for a new ride in the expanded Fantasyland! :ROFLOL:

DisneyMusician2

Fantasmic is a great show, but I personally could do with a new offering there. Or at least some changes.

It never hurts to bring in some new quality offerings. (Assuming we can count on quality, which I'm not convinced of yet..)

_Scar

I would have totally believed this if you said it would be replaced by nothing or World of Color

Otherwise, that area of the park is SO far away from anything else that it's hard to think of bulding anything there besides a nighttime show.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
The last time a thread of this nature fired up, it was based on a rumor of a rumor from a rumor. It doesn't seem as much has changed.....:shrug:

bgraham34

If anything i can possibly see World of Color going in. The only reason they cut the show down was to save on the cost on the performers. At least that is how i see it.

KaneMarko

I can’t really see Fantasmic going away. I am no expert. But I just can’t see it. We’ve never been to that show when it’s not fully packed. It’s still a wildly popular show and IMO one of the must sees at Disney. They’d kinda be foolish to get rid of it. Yeah, it can use some upgrades and mods (which can be said for a number of things at WDW). But it’s still incredibly popular. If anything, they need to not worry about replacing Fantasmic and focus their attention towards expanding DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom