Fantasmic to Close in 2012?

_Scar

Tiana has been in the Fantasmic finale' for almost a year at the other park. You mean to tell me she's not in the finale' at DHS yet???

DL's Fantasmic is at Disneyland where there is probably a dedicated Tiana throughout the day to meet and greet in New Orleans Square.

At DHS, there is not a Tiana meet and greet I know of. Only at the MK.

Can anyone else confirm this?:shrug:

DisneyParksFan1

Oh well, so Tiana isn't at our Fantasmic, like she matters that much anyway. I'd rather they just upgrade that show already. I'm telling you, the 40th better bring some major refurbs to a lot of stuff.

BrerFrog

Honestly, I just think they should update Fantasmic to be more 21st century, remove the hat, remove the Backlot and Lights Motors Action, turn Streets of America into Starwars land, and expand Pixar Place.

What about a new dragon?

Yeah, I know about what happened to Murphy, but our dragon is lame. :(

DisneyParksFan1

What about a new dragon?

Yeah, I know about what happened to Murphy, but our dragon is lame. :(

I agree, and I think that if we do get a new dragon, then it will be a bit more... permanent? I mean if they are giving us a dragon, I think they will learn from their mistake. So yeah a dragon would be nice too!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I agree, and I think that if we do get a new dragon, then it will be a bit more... permanent? I mean if they are giving us a dragon, I think they will learn from their mistake. So yeah a dragon would be nice too!

There is a 27% chance of getting a new dragon.

There is a 46% chance that they will learn from their mistake, while only a 12% chance that they will admit it.

All percentages are completely made up and came from no source whatsoever.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

There is a 46% chance that they will learn from their mistake, while only a 12% chance that they will admit it.

And here I was looking for the official Vegas line..........:rolleyes:

DisneyParksFan1

Lol, is that a pun towards that disneyroks dude?

What is it that happened with him anyway? People have been poking fun at him lately. :lol:

BrerFrog

40% of all statistics are completely made up. :lookaroun

mickey2008.1

disneyroks is currently programing the new show. It will take a while as he/she only works 8 mminutes a week. so maybe it will be down for a while:shrug:

fngoofy

if you look at the reaction to WoC, it could very well be replaced, and they wouldnt have to pay 27 people show pay. and if the reason they are cutting fantasmic shows are not that...then what are they?

Bingo.

WoC is far cheaper to run and would pack them in. It would be a huge draw for the park. Not to mention is has the ability to reprogrammed/changed for new or seasonal shows.

I would bet a dollar you see this in 2012 as a boost to the studios.

TP2000

DL's Fantasmic is at Disneyland where there is probably a dedicated Tiana throughout the day to meet and greet in New Orleans Square.

At DHS, there is not a Tiana meet and greet I know of. Only at the MK.

Hmm... That's a good logistics point that I hadn't thought of. After Tiana's Showboat Jubilee stopped performing afternoons on the Rivers of America in January, 2010, Disneyland switched to a much smaller land-based Tiana show that performs a few times per afternoon in New Orleans Square by the French Market restaurant.

Tiana's small New Orleans Square songfest without the boat
0.jpg

But if Tiana isn't already in DHS earlier in the afternoon, they'd need to get her there for Fantasmic at night. But couldn't they drive her down from Magic Kingdom in a van or something? Or just have a different Tiana perform for Fantasmic at DHS?

jt04

Bingo.

WoC is far cheaper to run and would pack them in. It would be a huge draw for the park. Not to mention is has the ability to reprogrammed/changed for new or seasonal shows.

I doubt it would be that soon. And I believe someone confirmed WoC is not cheaper to run but that it could be more profitable because it is a bigger draw.

IWant2GoNow

:confused:Hi?:confused:

This is for all of those who actually believe me:

Fantasmic will stay the same, expept Tiana will still be on the steamboat.
Yes, they will be adding nothing that can be misconstrued as some WoC fountains to the show, to make it more exciting! Can't Wait to brainstorm some more BS!

Fixed.

Thread closed. :king:

ttalovebug

I figured it out!!!

Disneyroks is clearly Rhonda Kendall!!!

Welcome to the boards, Rhonda! :wave:

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I think a few people have forgotten about her. I cracked joke not to long ago and only got confusion. There's another classic thread.......... ahh, WDWmagic!

IWant2GoNow

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

I think a few people have forgotten about her. I cracked joke not to long ago and only got confusion. There's another classic thread.......... ahh, WDWmagic!

Gotta love it.

The beginning of fall has been awful strange around here though. :lookaroun

Thebrerrabbit

Original Poster
Bingo.

Yeah, say a christmas show or a fourth of july show, and its just a matter of a switch of programing, switch of a button, like fireworks changes at MK

there are 26 performers and maybe 15 techs that do fantasmic which would ballpark to

Show pay 10/hr x 4 hour min = $1040(not including seniority or overtime)

Tech pay 12/hr x 4 hour min =$720 (not including seniority or overtime)
also to think about, stunt pay, and prep pay its around 2000 a night in just cast/crew pay

FYI: these are ballpark figures, not to be confused with disneyrocks figures.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom