Fantasmic to Close in 2012?

Ignohippo

Yeah, and how many people watch Block Party Bash - yet that is going away.

How many people do you think go to HS just because of F! ? More importantly, how many people do you think would choose not to go to HS just because F! isn't playing?

All you have to do is look at the current trend at WDW to see that its days are probably numbered. From what I understand, F! Is incredibly expensive to put on (not just because of manpower but energy,etc.).

Unfortunately, I'm sure the test of not having F! On certain days has shown them that it makes absolutely no difference to park attendance. Or at least not enough to justify the tens of thousands it costs them to put the show on every night.

PKD

With the many upgrades on stage and back stage being done over the next 6-8months (some noticeable others not) I don't see why this show would be closed in a little over a year.

Some of the upgrades being done are not cheap by any means either.

BriEcho3194

I hate that it may close but I don't believe it! I'm sorry but if this were to happen...I would cry. :cry: But if they replaced the show IT BETTER BE WORLD OF COLOR! lol I love that show! Just watching it online is amazing! But SAVE FANTASMIC! The best Disney show ever!

greebomusic

I envision The Marvel Cavalcade of Heroes! Speed boats, explosions, flames and an evil dragon controlled by bad guys! What? I can't make up rumors too?
:p

Thrill

Everything will close in 2012(Dec 21 to be exact)!:ROFLOL:

I was going to say something like that. :(

Anyway, I can't see Fantasmic leaving without being replaced by another nighttime show. Even then, I can't see a World of Color style show at WDW unless it's at Animal Kingdom. Maybe Epcot, but that's a stretch.

They said 1 E Ticket and 2 other rides. I'm pretty sure the old thing was speculation that this would be the last year of it, not the OP of that thread was anywhere in the know. I think a possible closure in 2012, after Star Tours 2 is open, isn't too hard to believe.

Even then, there are two problems that I see here:
-Sunset Boulevard would have three E-Tickets. The other side would have Star Tours and Toy Story Midway Mania.
-American Idol is Disney's excuse for cutting back on Fantasmic. Idol will be probably obsolete by 2012, so not only will they have a near useless Idol, they won't have Fantasmic to back it up as nighttime entertainment.

DisneyWall-E

One problem I see is that most will agree, I think, that DHS is about a half day park, and if TDO gets rid of F! and dose not replace it with something else everybody will leave the park before sundown. I know I would have no reason to stay or come back if I had nothing to come back too. Less time in the park = less chance for me to spend $ in the parks. JMHO.

redkoala245

I feel Fantasmic needs to go. DHS needs more rides too.
Also, I wish if DHS at least can get another show to replace Fantasmic that is almost like World of Color or something completely different. But the problem is that if we get another show then that could interfere with the AIE finale show.

TP2000

They said 1 E Ticket and 2 other rides.

Now, that's interesting because Cars Land has been rumored for possible placement at DHS. And Cars Land at DCA opens in 2012 with 1 E Ticket and 2 C Tickets. Cars Land is about 12 acres, with a big backstage show building behind all the rockwork for the Radiator Springs Racers dark ride segment.

Is there room in the Fantasmic! area for Cars Land???

cars-land.jpg

_Scar

Now, that's interesting because Cars Land has been rumored for possible placement at DHS. And Cars Land at DCA opens in 2012 with 1 E Ticket and 2 C Tickets. Cars Land is about 12 acres, with a big backstage show building behind all the rockwork for the Radiator Springs Racers dark ride segment.

Is there room in the Fantasmic! area for Cars Land???

cars-land.jpg

I don't think so at all.

That area is right by the main road I think and almost in the heart of Epcot resort area. Pretty sure Dolphin is right in its backyard.

Anyways, aside from the bad location it would be if put there, I'm almost positive there's no room for something THAT big, but there's still a ton of room there.

OklaHoops

Fantasmic leaving?

First the villains store, now Fantasmic? :eek: I see the trend but the numbers of people watching the show does not justify a shutdown. Disney will do some crazy things :hammer:but closing a popular night time show (the signature show at DHS) will not be one of them. Long live Fantasmic!:sohappy:

prbiker15

The fact that F! has been getting some TLC in the summer, and that the show is full all the way to standing room at most showings, this show is *hopefully* going nowhere.

Cindy'sBruno

I don't think so at all.

That area is right by the main road I think and almost in the heart of Epcot resort area. Pretty sure Dolphin is right in its backyard.

Anyways, aside from the bad location it would be if put there, I'm almost positive there's no room for something THAT big, but there's still a ton of room there.

What if they took out LMA Stunt Show? Would there be room for that there? I am not a huge fan of LMA but I have also not seen what the Cars Land looks like either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom