Fantasmic Package or no Package???

savannahsmiles

I just got my Cindy's breakfast reservation so now I am ready to nail down the rest of my PS's. We are going for 2 weeks in July of the 4th. Should I book the Fantasmic dinner package or not? My biggest fear is the weather. July can be notorious for pop-up thunderstorms. But on the flip side, I hate sitting for 1-1/2 hours prior to the start of Fantasmic just to make sure I have a seat!!

Any recommendations? You guys are always good at helping me out!!!

In Wonderland

I looked at my options and decided that my group will do the package. First, we're gonna eat anyway, so we might as well have a nice meal (we're doing Brown Derby); second, DH and DS7 are very impatient, so there's no way either will sit and wait for the show for 90+ minutes, so its almost a must do for us. As far as the chance of rain cancelling the show, well, I felt like we'd probably spend the $$ on supper anyway, so we haven't really lost anything. Just my way to justify the whole thing. Others have different opinions, I'm sure.;)

Upvote 0

weluvtink

Book it. We've done Hollywood and Vine twice and loved it. Some people complain about where they seat you for the show, but we've sat in the middle as well as the side and you see the same show from either.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I'm doing it Saturday night. H&V. I'll let you know how it worked out. I'm really looking forward to not having to show up way, way early for the Fantasmic show. As you note, the downside is the risk of inclement weather cancelling the Fantasmic show, and then we have committed to staying in the park for that meal, but we'll take that chance. We have to eat anyway -

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
We did the package twice. Mama's first time then H&V second. I will never go to H&V again - just didn't like it. We're gonna do Mama's then Fantasmic this June.

Even if it does rain, all you're out is the show, and whatever you paid for dinner - which you would have eaten anyway, most likely.

I think you made a wise decision! The seats aren't bad at all!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Yea, we did Mams's last year too with the Fantasmic package. It was the first time I've ever see the show. Just never was will to wait that long for the show.

I'm glad we've now done it, and if we ever want to see the show again, we will deffinatly do the package again. Good meal, good seats, now waiting.

Upvote 0

Davis224

Eat Dinner somewhere and then go to the show on your own!

I've seen Fantasmic 3 times without the package and 2 times with the package... Yes you see the same show but where they seat you if you take the package is horrible.

Just suck it up and wait an hour or so in my oppinion. It's worth it if you want to have a good seat for the show.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Davis224
Yes you see the same show but where they seat you if you take the package is horrible.

I thought our seat were fine using the package. We were in the second section in from the right, all the way on the left side. It was fine for our group of people.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I gotta tell ya, I Am not a big fan of the package thing. My favorite restaurant is the Prime Time Cafe, which is almost never included in on the package offerings ( although Id ask being that it is 4th of July and will probably be VERY busy!!!) That having been said, with as busy as I think this time of year would be I dont think it will be a bad idea at all!!! Id go for the Hollywood Brown Derby for the dinner thoughif you cant get the Prime Time. VERY good food there. I really disliked Mama Melrose due to the smoky wood flavor that just seemed to get into everything UGH!!! Hollywood and Vine I have done but only for breakfast so I cant comment there!! Have a good time!! Belle

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

We've done Hollywood and Vine and it was delicious. I say do the package. 4th of July will be packed, you would have to line up sooo early! This way enjoy a great dinner and more time on the rides and at the shows. Then if Fantasmic is cancelled you had a great dinner, you didn't line up early, and you're not out any extra money.:sohappy:

We were on the far right side and could see perfectly. Sure middle is better but there's no guarantee you'd get in the middle even if you took time to line up!

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by TAC
One time we took the package and we decided it wasn't worth the money.

To clearify, the package is free, the meal is what you have to pay for. So if you were already going to have dinner (at one of the places the package allows), and you don't mind not sitting center row in the stadium, the package is nice, that way you save waiting time.

We even used our wishes for the meal, so we did not "spend" anything that night.

Upvote 0
I've never done the package, but on last visit 50s Prime Time was still not included (my favorite too). We toured in off season, showed up 90 min. prior and center seats were gone in 15 min.! I can only imagine how early you would have to show up in July, so follow the concensus and do the package! :)

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Originally posted by Snow White 610
I've never done the package, but on last visit 50s Prime Time was still not included (my favorite too). We toured in off season, showed up 90 min. prior and center seats were gone in 15 min.! I can only imagine how early you would have to show up in July, so follow the concensus and do the package! :)

Disney has added some of the other MGM restaurants to the package list from time to time. I'm sure it when the crowds are up. So it's possibale that "50s" could be on the list at some time.

Upvote 0

dizneeboy

I've done both and I didn't care for the package. Mama Melrose's wasn't all that great and they lead you kind of back stage on this really long access road to get there. In order to sit near the front, you have to get in line anyway (although not as long), but the seating isn't great either (off center). I agree that if you haven't seen it before, try it out and judge it for yourself. You'll at least get a garanteed seat somewhere.

Upvote 0

spikesmom

Fantasic

We thought the package was worth doing to save the waiting time. When I first made the reservations I wanted Brown Derby, but they required us to take a 4:45 PM reservation. I thought it was crazy to have such an expensive dinner so early, so I changed it to H&V. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the H&V food. Our seats were excellent, just right of center, and pretty close to the front (maybe a third of the way up). The show is just incredible, it was a highlight of our visit.

Upvote 0

johnvree

I was planning on doing the package and then decided not to. For me, the early dinner was unappealing.

What I was planning on doing was reserving the package (since we have to eat anyway) and then checking the general line for Fantasmic. If I thought that I could get away with only waiting 30 to 45 minutes on th egeneral line and still get good seats, then I was planning on waiting on the general line. However, if the general line was crazy, then I could still fall back on my package and go to the special entrance. I don't even know if this was feasible, but that's what I was going to try.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey John, PLEASE double check me as I am not 100% sure on this, but I thought I read somewhere that you pay for the dinner package ( or a deposit) upfront and could lose that deposit if you dont show up. As I said I am not 100% certain on this but they also have changed a lot of the PS rules recently. Please post back and let us know!! Belle

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Belle, I think I was told that if I canceled, they would charge me $10 a person, but they did not charge me at the time of schedualing the PS, only if I didn't show up for it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

OK So I was sort of correct. Thing is though I thnk you need to give 2 days notice of cancellation to get your deposit back!! I know this is how the Princess Breakfasts work!! Belle

Upvote 0

Thumper's Mom

I was thinking about doing this in Dec. I have seen Fantasmic twice before and have video taped the whole show. I really hate standing in that line (and worse, as you are in line and part of your party wanders off, the gates open and you are not only seperated from your family, but are trampled in the process!!:hammer: ) How early can you make a dinner reservation to use this package? I enjoy eating early so that is no problem for me....the earlier the better!! :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom