Fantasmic closing?

IWant2GoNow

What's the cost per show for Fantasmic? Does anyone know?

Yea, I would like to know that also. And if the informer could also clue us into how much it cost to run the other night time shows that would be a nice comparison as well. (RoE, Wishes, WoC, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

lebeau

Yea, I would like to know that also. And if the informer could also clue us into how much it cost to run the other night time shows that would be a nice comparison as well. (RoE, Wishes, WoC, etc.)

Thanks in advance.

And please cc Universal while you're at it. :rolleyes:

IWant2GoNow

Wikipedia says $30,000 per evening... but we all know Wiki isn't the most reliable source.

EDIT: And this site states RoE's approx. http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/IllumiNations:_Reflections_of_Earth So I guess the info is out there if you want to go by Internet gathering and not straight from Disney factual info.

This is where the Internet can be helpful and harmful at the same time with trying to find legitimate information. Giant grains of salt with this info...

DisneyNut2007

I actually skipped F! this last trip because it wasn't showing the night we went to DHS. I was very surprised that they limited the showings. It was the most popular night show at The World. Could it really cost that much more to run than RoE?

Yes, it could. After all, Fantasmic not only has fireworks, fountains, fires, etc., but it has live performers too, which means that they have to pay more people per show, among other things.

DisneyNut2007

F! is the night time entertainment that can be enjoyed by all members of the family. How exactly would roller coasters "replace" this!?!

Now, I'll be the first admit that DHS needs something else. And I'm sure a roller coaster (or two) would be a great addition. I would be prefer to see something a little more family friendly (ex. Monster's Inc.) not RNR style!

Too late for that. Disney has been including coasters and other types of thrill rides in their parks for a long time now. :rolleyes: :lookaroun

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Oh, it's already here. The musical version had a VERY successful two year national tour and is one of the most licensed titles to amateur theater groups and schools. It's an incredible popular title.

The stage version of the second film flopped horrifically, but that's another story.
Yup. It is extremely popular.
Oh, and it's awful.
But it's popular.

mickey2008.1

Everytime we go in early to mid december, its packed. In fact they have added a second showing on the days its playing. The show does need updating, but not taken out. If DL can have everything, why not WDW which four parks, more people, and alot more land. We get the shaft and support DL.

MarkTwain

I don't understand why this would be considered a good thing, seeing as Fantasmic is DHS's only source of nighttime entertainment. Disneyland runs their newly-enhanced Fantasmic nightly (often several times a night), in addition to their nightly $33,000 fireworks show (often several times a night), both just an esplanade away from the park which runs World of Color three times a night as well. And DHS won't even keep open their one form of nighttime entertainment? :mad:

If you ask me, WDW is taking the opposite approach to Fantasmic that they ought to. They need to bring the show up to Disneyland's standards, new dragon and all, and start running the show run every night again. From what I've heard, DHS attendance raises sharply when Fantasmic is running, and I would guess that WDW sells a ton of food and merchandise to those waiting for the show to start, so I can imagine that running the show leads to long-term profit. Should this rumor prove to be true, what I see happening instead are people leaving DHS in droves every evening so they can catch a boat over to Epcot and catch Illuminations.

As for the roller coasters, I'd like to see WDW try to add them without first closing something down. :rolleyes:

munkgirl

Oh, it's already here. The musical version had a VERY successful two year national tour and is one of the most licensed titles to amateur theater groups and schools. It's an incredible popular title.

The stage version of the second film flopped horrifically, but that's another story.

I know. But that wouldn't stop them from bringing out another 2 dozen "kids" in tutus and bondage gear like the HSM show I saw last time I was there. Have they changed the outfits or are they still the same?

Next Big Thing

Please forgive my ignorance, as it appears that Drew has some pull on this site, but what has he broken for news?

I'm not trying to be accusatory, I just genuinely don't recall Drew having inside information. Does he work for the company?
I believe he is in entertainment (or knows someone high up) from what I remember. I do remember him "breaking" multiple things on the entertainment side of things as far as where characters are going to be going, characters appearing in the parks, etc. He's probably done more than i'm giving him credit for, i just am going off the top of my head. The point is, i'm going to choose to believe him a lot more than the majority of the members on here. That doesn't mean i'll believe him all the time however.

drew81

Original Poster
To be honest, I hope the rumor of Fantasmic closing is wrong. All I'm saying is that this is a rumor I was told about and I'm sharing it on here.

If it doesn't end and continues to play I will be very happy.

To be honest, I hope the rumor of Fantasmic closing is wrong. All I'm saying is that this is a rumor I was told about and I'm sharing it on here.

I know one of the coasters is MI. Any word on what the other one could be?

slappy magoo

And all I'm asking is the source of your info. Doesn't have to be a name, by all means keep it vague. But to write "bear in mind, this is a rumor, but..." can lead one to all sorts of assumptions, including the possibility that you're your own source.

Allow me...

OK, guys, don't blow up yet. This is JUST a rumor. But there's a possibility they're going to re-release classic Pluto cartoons theatrically...except they're going to digitally replace Pluto with Stitch.

Bear in mind, this is only a rumor.

Discuss.

Exprcoofto

And all I'm asking is the source of your info. Doesn't have to be a name, by all means keep it vague. But to write "bear in mind, this is a rumor, but..." can lead one to all sorts of assumptions, including the possibility that you're your own source.

Allow me...

OK, guys, don't blow up yet. This is JUST a rumor. But there's a possibility they're going to re-release classic Pluto cartoons theatrically...except they're going to digitally replace Pluto with Stitch.

Discuss.

The only difference is, Drew has been accurate many times on his rumors. It's much different than any random joe posting a rumor, as you're indicating. I'm not saying his rumors are facts, I'm saying that you don't need to question his sources.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Allow me...

Discuss.

Yup, there went my dinner.....

BiggerTigger

I could see that Fantasmic Arena would make a nice stunt/water show like "Pirates". I know the seating at the arena is huge, but still this would play out with more shows during the day instead of just one to two shows a night (or now only a few times a week).
But I don't see this show leaving any time soon. They have cut back on the production, but getting rid of the show right now when they are focusing on many other areas of concern would be a bad move. Fazing it out after most of the reconstruction and replacement are done, I could see happening.

Not to add any fuel to a fire (I think at *most* WDI may be developing 2 potential roller coasters for the park, of which one will get picked)

BUT, the rumor doesn't state that the coasters will occupy the space F! did, just that they'll replace it as an attraction, which in my mind could be anywhere in the park.

That's how I read into it as well. "Replace" doesn't necessarily mean put in the same space as...

Soooo, what are the two ideas being developed? Is MI one of them?
It says in that area. That area means either where the Hollywood Hills Amphitheater sits or the area behind ToT and RnRc. I have three complaints with this:

• They can't just take away a spectacular like Fantasmic! to give us a simple fireworks show or NO nighttime entertainment.
  • Two more roller coasters means a total of four thrill rides at the end of Sunset Boulevard. Spread them apart! I can just see the congestion in that area now. :hurl:
  • Roller coasters there would disrupt Beauty and the Beast. All the screams and the noise from the coasters (unless there indoors).
Close Fantasmic!, expand the theater, and give us World of Color. No roller coasters there. Just one monstrosity of roller coaster over in Pixar Place, please. ;)

MarkTwain

Allow me...

Discuss.

:lol:

Fair enough... it's just when I start to hear the same rumor from many different sources, I start to take them more seriously. And it certainly wouldn't surprise me; typically when Disney makes attractions "seasonal" or run them less frequently, they end up on the chopping block shortly thereafter.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom