Fantasmic closing?

drew81

Original Poster
Please remember this is just a rumor-

There has been talk about Fantasmic closing for good(which hasn't been confirmed yet) and in that area adding 2 roller coasters.

Again, this is a rumor.

Disneyson 1

... wow.

Well...

Then they'd better bring us some new nighttime entertainment at either AK or DHS.

And how they're planning to replace Fantasmic with roller coasters is beyond me. And I LOVE roller coasters!

Not sure I buy the two roller coasters part of the rumor.

Maybe one of those is the long rumored Monsters, Inc. coaster, but I can't imagine they'd also be adding another one.

huntzilla

Please remember this is just a rumor-

There has been talk about Fantasmic closing for good(which hasn't been confirmed yet) and in that area adding 2 roller coasters.

Again, this is a rumor.

Did someone hack drew's account? Just kidding, but seeing as you know your stuff this is quite strange to hear from you.

IWant2GoNow

Interesting. I do enjoy roller coasters, but I think it would make that side of the park very heavy on big attractions. Seeing as it is a rumor though I'm going to voice my opinion and say this one is probably a little far out there.

Roller coasters are great but they are not something that Disney really needs to be focussed on right now. I feel they need to try and come up with a totally unique experience. One that you can't go anywhere else to experience. You know, like how it used to be at Disney.

I would miss Fantasmic! and the possibility of upgrading it, but if something were put into its place I guess I would get over it.

That's a big rumor out of nowhere though... I wonder how many more of these we will get while Harry is absorbing $$$.

lebeau

Closing Fantasmic! I can see.

Replacing it with two roller coasters? :confused:

On the other hand, maybe someone just realized that Universal has the rights to Harry Potter and decided they better do something in response. :eek:

DocMcHulk

Closing Fantasmic! I can see.

Replacing it with two roller coasters? :confused:

On the other hand, maybe someone just realized that Universal has the rights to Harry Potter and decided they better do something in response. :eek:

The Wizarding World Of Waverly Place?

slappy magoo

Again, this is just a rumor-take it with a grain of salt.

I understand it's a rumor. I'm just wondering where you first heard it, or read it. You're not crediting a website, a report, a monorail operator or any other CM. I know the stories that Fantasmic might be replaced with a different show have been around, but 2 coasters is altogether new. So what's your source for the rumor?

SeaCastle

Not sure if I believe the rumor about two roller coasters (as Martin said in another thread that development would be on the other side of the park first to draw away people from Sunset Boulevard) but Fantasmic! closing is believable.

That being said, the Studios desperately need some sort of nightly evening entertainment. Two nights a week of Fantasmic isn't going to cut it. :shrug:

Interesting. I do enjoy roller coasters, but I think it would make that side of the park very heavy on big attractions. Seeing as it is a rumor though I'm going to voice my opinion and say this one is probably a little far out there.

Roller coasters are great but they are not something that Disney really needs to be focussed on right now. I feel they need to try and come up with a totally unique experience. One that you can't go anywhere else to experience. You know, like how it used to be at Disney.

I would miss Fantasmic! and the possibility of upgrading it, but if something were put into its place I guess I would get over it.

That's a big rumor out of nowhere though... I wonder how many more of these we will get while Harry is absorbing $$$.
I wouldnt say its far out there, Drew is a very reliable source. This is more than likely a response to Harry Potter.

NewfieFan

Ummmmm... Wow!!!

I like F!... don't love it... wouldn't be that upset if it was replaced with another show of the same type... but to close it!?! And "replace" it with two roller coasters!?!

F! is the night time entertainment that can be enjoyed by all members of the family. How exactly would roller coasters "replace" this!?!

Now, I'll be the first admit that DHS needs something else. And I'm sure a roller coaster (or two) would be a great addition. I would be prefer to see something a little more family friendly (ex. Monster's Inc.) not RNR style!

Ignohippo

I'd hate to see this happen but do they really need Fantasmic at this point? Heck, they've made it kind of a non-factor. Perhaps limiting it to 2 nights a week was a test to see if it really makes a difference in DHS attendance.:shrug:

I'd like to see it stay but Fantasmic takes up an enormous amount of real estate and costs a great deal to operate.

I'm all for DHS becoming the teenager/thrillseeker roller coaster park. More than anything, I think that is one of the things WDW is lacking the most (especially with IOA being such a good thrill park). With Pixar and the addition of Marvel eventually, it seems like this would be the perfect niche for DHS – to become the thrill park of WDW.

That said, I'd really like to see them ad a full Toontown somewhere at DHS. This was one of the areas I've heard mentioned in the past.

Not to add any fuel to a fire (I think at *most* WDI may be developing 2 potential roller coasters for the park, of which one will get picked)

BUT, the rumor doesn't state that the coasters will occupy the space F! did, just that they'll replace it as an attraction, which in my mind could be anywhere in the park.

IWant2GoNow

I wouldnt say its far out there, Drew is a very reliable source. This is more than likely a response to Harry Potter.

I'm not knocking Drew at all. I know he's a reliable source time and time again on here. But even he is stating that it's just a rumor.

And if taking away a proven night time attraction, and adding two coasters is Disney's only response to Harry Potter then it worries me even more.

NewfieFan

Not to add any fuel to a fire (I think at *most* WDI may be developing 2 potential roller coasters for the park, of which one will get picked)

BUT, the rumor doesn't state that the coasters will occupy the space F! did, just that they'll replace it as an attraction, which in my mind could be anywhere in the park.

That's how I read into it as well. "Replace" doesn't necessarily mean put in the same space as...

Soooo, what are the two ideas being developed? Is MI one of them?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom