Fans call on Disney to ban raunchy shirts from parks after viral post

Sir_Cliff

Just because you said so, does not make it wrong. What makes you think that is such a universal thing that you think you saw. You said they knew, and I must have missed the part where they said that. I don't remember seeing any reaction from them nor do I think they anyone even knows who they are. This whole discussion is speculation and your meme is offending. Lucky for you I am not as judgmental as you are. So now you are going to stop participating because so many people have called bull on the actual intent and unless it is you that had the T's then you do not know the intent anymore than I do.
All I can say is that I hope you don't start going around telling people you're going to give them the D or asking people if they want the D when you're offering something that begins with a D.

Goofyernmost

All I can say is that I hope you don't start going around telling people you're going to give them the D or asking people if they want the D every time you're offering something that begins with a D.
Believe me no one around here has ever heard of it. I have three teenaged grandkids and they can all get raunchy from time to time. They have never heard it mentioned, and I have never heard it mentioned and I do spend some time on the internet. Look, I said what I said because unlike some folks I will give people the benefit of the doubt unless they have a gun in their hand (that I take at face value) and if I am proved wrong then it really won't matter because I gave them the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong about them. I have never said that the "urban" thing isn't true. I'm saying that I don't believe that is what they were peddling.

Sir_Cliff

Believe me no one around here has ever heard of it. I have three teenaged grandkids and they can all get raunchy from time to time. They have never heard it mentioned, and I have never heard it mentioned and I do spend some time on the internet. Look, I said what I said because unlike some folks I will give people the benefit of the doubt unless they have a gun in their hand (that I take at face value) and if I am proved wrong then it really won't matter because I gave them the benefit of the doubt until I was proven wrong about them. I have never said that the "urban" thing isn't true. I'm saying that I don't believe that is what they were peddling.
Did you really ask your grandchildren if they knew what it meant to give someone the D?

Goofyernmost

Did you really ask your grandchildren if they knew what it meant to give someone the D?
Why not it seems, according to you guys, something that is known by everyone that isn't old. OK, everyone, in the words of Elsa, I'm going to let it go. Everybody else can continue this foolishness, since I don't like to accuse anyone one of that type of behavior unless I know for a fact that it is true, you folks can go ahead and be judge and jury.

Lilofan

Or how about surplus shirts that they're going to send to Cast Connections or the outlet stores? Black XXXXL Year of a Million Dreams t-shirt, anyone? :p
Outlet stores are huge opportunities for Brazilian tour groups. I've seem them buy cheap luggage at the Orlando outlets and buy thousands of dollars worth of outlet merchandise of multiple sizes of clothing, sneakers etc, only to resell it to back in their country.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Outlet stores are huge opportunities for Brazilian tour groups. I've seem them buy cheap luggage at the Orlando outlets and buy thousands of dollars worth of outlet merchandise of multiple sizes of clothing, sneakers etc, only to resell it to back in their country.
We used to have a Brazilian couple that would stay at our hotel maybe 5 or 6 times a year. They would stay 10 to 14 days and fund their trips by having lists of clothes and electronics for others. They would bring the electronics to the front desk so my employees could make them look "Used". It turns out there is a huge tariff on electronics being brought into the country brand new. At the end of each stay they would bring us several suitcases of "old" clothing to donate. They were there at least 3 years when I sold the hotel. Think about that? 12 "paid for" weeks of vacation a year and all you have to do is shop a few days of each.

Cmdr_Crimson

What about all of the Drink related ones that many wear when they are out at Epcot for example...
Disney-Drunk-1024x733.jpg

Goofyernmost

Probably nothing.

They are paying customers and that's all that Disney cares about.
I've already stated that there is no good reason to have anyone concerned other the the bottom feeders. From what I could see that was a guest's picture coupled with the opinion of a that guest about it's meaning and the likelihood is that security saw nothing other the someone referring to Disney. In that context it was quite innocent. There are a lot of other graphic T's that get through that shouldn't have, that isn't one of them in my opinion.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I've already stated that there is no good reason to have anyone concerned other the the bottom feeders. From what I could see that was a guest's picture coupled with the opinion of a that guest about it's meaning and the likelihood is that security saw nothing other the someone referring to Disney. In that context it was quite innocent. There are a lot of other graphic T's that get through that shouldn't have, that isn't one of them in my opinion.
Did they know what the innuendo was , Probably yes. Is it a huge deal to get all worked up about , no.

SSH

and on a totally unrelated topic and wild thread tangent - I just learned what "netflix and chill" really means. #feelingoldasdirt :hilarious:

Honestly, I feel like I have to tiptoe through every conversation these days - so many "hidden" meanings behind perfectly innocent words and phrases. I can't keep up.

Cesar R M

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom