Fans call on Disney to ban raunchy shirts from parks after viral post

The Empress Lilly

Eeww, that's just gross. That would be in bad taste in just about any environment, if not all.

I will put part of the blame on TWDC though. Aim for the gutter, attract the gutter. It's a long time ago by now that pleasantly struck visitors commonly described the WDW experience as 'more classy and sophisticated than you'd expect from a theme park'.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'll never forget the time a woman was brought on stage to participate in Hoop Dee Doo wearing a t-shirt that just said MILF in block letters. The performers spotted it once she was already on stage and rushed to get her into some kind of costume that I don't think was supposed to be part of the scene. And who can forget the Gay Days classic, "Butt Pirates of the Caribbean"? Not to be confused with the other Gay Days classic, "Country Bears," which I think is actually pretty clever and amusing rather than raunchy.

Animaniac93-98

i was at epcot today & saw 1 girl with a half tank top practically busting out of it & someone else who’s shorts were so short, things were a bit cheeky. made me wonder how they got in the park dressed like that.

There's little incentive for any front gate CM to call people out on how they dress when entering the park.

It would likely just anger the guest and get the employee in trouble for upsetting them (regardless of what the rules may be).

Short of wearing no clothes at all or pretending to be an employee, most guests will get a free pass.

lazyboy97o

There's little incentive for any front gate CM to call people out on how they dress when entering the park.

It would likely just anger the guest and get the employee in trouble for upsetting them (regardless of what the rules may be).

Short of wearing no clothes at all or pretending to be an employee, most guests will get a free pass.
Even the once enforced prohibition on costumes seems to have been relaxed as Disney Bounding has become much more explicit.

Raineman

I mean, I don't think there would be many kids who would understand what that means, but I still don't think that people should be wearing that kind of thing in the parks, or wearing revealing clothing. For a while now, WDW has been one of the last bastions of wholesome fun & entertainment, an oasis from alot of the more adult/raunchier stuff. WDW needs to remain that oasis. Don't get me wrong, some of the things I enjoy outside of Disney are violent, or adult, or raunchy-but I don't want that at WDW. If I want innuendos and scantily clad women, there is an abundance of it outside of WDW property.

Goofyernmost

I mean, I don't think there would be many kids who would understand what that means, but I still don't think that people should be wearing that kind of thing in the parks, or wearing revealing clothing. For a while now, WDW has been one of the last bastions of wholesome fun & entertainment, an oasis from alot of the more adult/raunchier stuff. WDW needs to remain that oasis. Don't get me wrong, some of the things I enjoy outside of Disney are violent, or adult, or raunchy-but I don't want that at WDW. If I want innuendos and scantily clad women, there is an abundance of it outside of WDW property.
I'm not a kid and frankly I'm not sure I understand what it means. I think there is more ways then one to interpret that and it is nowhere near as explicit as others I have seen that didn't require you to be part of a "culture" to understand it.

JIMINYCR

Oh those of you with dirty minds. I’m certain this completely innocent couple came up with decorative t shirts for their trip which were meant to be interpreted as … I gave her the Disney trip and hers as… I wanted the Disney trip. What else could it be??? Now, now… don’t go there. It’s entirely inconceivable that the Disney “D” could have been used for something else.

BrerWayne

I'll never forget the time a woman was brought on stage to participate in Hoop Dee Doo wearing a t-shirt that just said MILF in block letters. The performers spotted it once she was already on stage and rushed to get her into some kind of costume that I don't think was supposed to be part of the scene. And who can forget the Gay Days classic, "Butt Pirates of the Caribbean"? Not to be confused with the other Gay Days classic, "Country Bears," which I think is actually pretty clever and amusing rather than raunchy.
Not that I think it’s appropriate for the parks, but I can’t stop laughing at Butt Pirates of the Caribbean

LeighM

i was at epcot today & saw 1 girl with a half tank top practically busting out of it & someone else who’s shorts were so short, things were a bit cheeky. made me wonder how they got in the park dressed like that.

A few years ago, I saw a girl in her teens that had a midriff baring shirt so short and tight, it was like a sports bra with an extreme pair of Daisy Dukes that made my bits hurt just looking at her. Seriously, I don't know how she sat down! And I'm not an old prude at all and was only in my 30s. But her outfit, not only wholly inappropriate for her surroundings, looked uncomfortable as anything. Her parents letting her dress like that to the parks is a whole different rant LOL.

Lilofan

It’s supposed to be screened at the turnstiles, but can be missed
Some guests aren't stupid. One could be stopped and get a free $30 or more T shirt out of the deal when a cast member gives them a replacement one. There was a girl that posted a video about it when she purposely dressed like trash.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom