Fans call on Disney to ban raunchy shirts from parks after viral post

Goofyernmost

We are not guessing. Those designing and selling the shirts are marketing them as “funny”. Those buying them recognise the intended humour (such as it is). The joke isn’t subtle or hidden; it’s supposed to be spotted. The shirt would be pretty nonsensical otherwise.
Since a very large part of the civilization do not recognize the joke, it is indeed nonsensical. Even without that idea. And no I don't know how many don't know about it anymore than you know how many know what it means. The more that do and think it is appropriate to wear at a Disney theme park the more it identifies how far this country has fallen intellectually.

LittleBuford

Since a very large part of the civilization do not recognize the joke, it is indeed nonsensical. Even without that idea. And no I don't know how many don't know about it anymore than you know how many know what it means. The more that do and think it is appropriate to wear at a Disney theme park the more it identifies how far this country has fallen intellectually.
My point is only that the joke is fully intended; I make no claims as to how widely understood it would be. You may well be right that most people wouldn't recognise the obscene reference, but that's a separate issue entirely from the presence of the reference itself.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Face it -- you can make ANYthing you say sound "dirty," simply by adding a "nudge, nudge--wink, wink"

Let's go for a ride in the car -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.

I'd like a glass of lemonade -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.

We're going to the happiest place on earth -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.

LittleBuford

Face it -- you can make ANYthing you say sound "dirty," simply by adding a "nudge, nudge--wink, wink"

Let's go for a ride in the car -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.

I'd like a glass of lemonade -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.

We're going to the happiest place on earth -- nudge, nudge--wink, wink.
Yes, but that’s innuendo achieved by saying normal things in a particular way. There is, as far as I know, no normal expression that involves giving someone “the D”—the phrase is always intended to convey a sexual meaning, however subtly.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom