Fans call on Disney to ban raunchy shirts from parks after viral post

Lilofan

I mean, I don't think there would be many kids who would understand what that means, but I still don't think that people should be wearing that kind of thing in the parks, or wearing revealing clothing. For a while now, WDW has been one of the last bastions of wholesome fun & entertainment, an oasis from alot of the more adult/raunchier stuff. WDW needs to remain that oasis. Don't get me wrong, some of the things I enjoy outside of Disney are violent, or adult, or raunchy-but I don't want that at WDW. If I want innuendos and scantily clad women, there is an abundance of it outside of WDW property.
You haven't been to the water parks when the young Brazilian tour groups come in the summer?

Club Cooloholic

Some guests aren't stupid. One could be stopped and get a free $30 or more T shirt out of the deal when a cast member gives them a replacement one. There was a girl that posted a video about it when she purposely dressed like trash.
That is some gall, I mean to do it is one thing to post a video a out it???

TotallyBiased

Personally, I'm waiting to see a lady wearing a Barbie from Toy Story shirt with a saying like "He's got a nice a**cot." Or a guy wearing a Kristoff shirt that says, "She thinks foot size doesn't matter." :D

Lilofan

This is a product of equality. The claim is not everybody can afford to go to Disney, not everybody can afford nice clothes, not everybody has the environment to be raised with values. Instead of elevating classes, we have reduced it, all in the disguise of fairness.
In regards to showing class, it is a good thing many do not understand Portuguese and Spanish . At times, the Argentina teenage tour groups get into a singing shouting match with the Brazilian tour groups during the summer, the songs could be deemed X rated.

Vegas Disney Fan

That's the girl, but a T shirt costs $75?
I don’t buy it, even if they did offer a t-shirt they aren’t giving anyone a $75 spirit jersey.

I’m calling Pinocchio on this!

Attachments

• 4D381ED3-2955-4E4A-920F-CD4B78866879.jpeg
    4D381ED3-2955-4E4A-920F-CD4B78866879.jpeg
    38.7 KB · Views: 86

Lilofan

I just think it shows the couple have the mentality of 15 year olds. I love acting like a kid at Disney also but I’m not sure why anyone would want to blatantly advertise their immaturity like that.

(Grumpy old man rant over).
Also when drinking teams that advertise their team names on their same color T shirts at Epcot Food and Wine attempt to drink around the world starting at Mexico and attempt to finish at UK, they start to act loud belligerent and foolish when they reach the halfway point at American Adventure. I wouldn't want to be sharing the road with them when driving back to the hotel.

rreading

Yeah. This is making the rounds. Is it a play on something else? Sure. But the "D" in this instance is "Disney". The problem isn't them. It's what's in your head.
This is my take as well. It's not like there's something overtly gross or even clearly intentionally gross. Maybe she wanted to go to Disney and he took her. Honestly, it's entirely possible that they meant that but just wanted to be funny about it.

Weather_Lady

I just think it shows the couple have the mentality of 15 year olds. I love acting like a kid at Disney also but I’m not sure why anyone would want to blatantly advertise their immaturity like that.

(Grumpy old man rant over).
Agreed. There's a world of difference between celebrating youthful exuberance and silliness at Disney World (something I think we all enjoy and encourage), and engaging in juvenile locker room raunch. It's unfortunate that some folks don't know the difference.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Just because you said so, does not make it wrong. What makes you think that is such a universal thing that you think you saw. You said they knew, and I must have missed the part where they said that. I don't remember seeing any reaction from them nor do I think they anyone even knows who they are. This whole discussion is speculation and your meme is offending. Lucky for you I am not as judgmental as you are. So now you are going to stop participating because so many people have called bull on the actual intent and unless it is you that had the T's then you do not know the intent anymore than I do.

Goofyernmost

Right!? It's not that some people "have their minds in the gutter" and others have fixed their gaze on holier things. It's simply that some people are up on current slang, and others are not. Giving someone "the D" is as well-known and familiar a euphemism to young or culturally savvy people as "T&A" is to the older folks (or to fans of the "cleaner" version of A Chorus Line). In fact, you don't need to look far, or in any unsavory places, to find an official definition: dictionary.com defines "the D" as "d**k, p***s, or sex generally."

In contrast, "the D" has never, ever been popularly used to refer to a Walt Disney World vacation (although to be fair, it has been used to refer affectionately to Detroit, so if the couples' shirts had pictures of the Henry Ford Museum instead of Cinderella Castle, there might be a cogent argument to be made, but that's not what we've got here). If you disagree, by all means Google the term -- but be sure your virus software is fully updated, and be prepared to get an eyeful of what "the D" actually means in American popular culture. ;)
Not holier things, that is the last thing anyone would ever pin on me. How about on more then one reason, more than one side, more than one logical consideration. Just because it is on a T-shirt and just because it is the letter D does not in anyway automatically mean the lowest form of our society. It is called the benefit of the doubt. Something that is in short supply in our lives today.

Goofyernmost

Disney could solve this problem by having a cheap ugly set of shirts printed in various sizes and ready to be handed out with the voucher
Their T-shirts are already cheap, they just charge a fortune for them. I'd take a wild guess, having been in Retail a while back, that the most they cost Disney, considering the volume they buy, is at most $10 each. And I think I'm being quite generous with that number.

Vegas Disney Fan

Not holier things, that is the last thing anyone would ever pin on me. How about on more then one reason, more than one side, more than one logical consideration. Just because it is on a T-shirt and just because it is the letter D does not in anyway automatically mean the lowest form of our society. It is called the benefit of the doubt. Something that is in short supply in our lives today.

You are too generous with your benefit of the doubt, I’ve never heard any Disney park referred to as “the D” and most of my friend are Disney fans and I frequent Disney forums, I have heard male anatomy jokingly referred to as “the D” for over a decade though…

They 100% knew what they were referring to in an attempt to be funny.

Goofyernmost

You are too generous with your benefit of the doubt, I’ve never heard any Disney park referred to as “the D” and most of my friend are Disney fans and I frequent Disney forums, I have heard male anatomy jokingly referred to as “the D” for over a decade though…

They 100% knew what they were referring to in an attempt to be funny.
Again, you are one person. You never heard of it called that which really doesn't mean anything. If you haven't heard of it, then it can't be possible. Everything ever done happened a first time. You think you knew what they were referring too. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom