Family threatens lawsuit after snake bite at Disney Park

Matt_Black

Slytherin strikes again....

Not in a Disney park. It's more likely to be the work of this fellow...

1-kaa.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Obviously the loss of anyone's life is paramount and I do wish the family well wishes in coping with the loss of a loved one. That's what ultimately matters here.

My only real question, and it doesn't have to be in connection with this story, but does Animal Kingdom actually have a poisonous snake on display. All the snakes I've seen at Animal Kingdom, as an exhibit, are usually pythons or boas. Either way in this story it doesn't say the family member was actually victim of any sort of venom from a venomous snake. I was just curious, does Disney even have them. I know some people are scared of venomous snakes, and Disney might avoid them for that reason,or not have a zookeeper trained in them. Regardless, Cottonmouths are found throughout Florida, as are a few rattlesnakes. Many rest stops even warn people to be careful as poisonous snakes can be found there.

I don't believe AK has venomous snakes on display one they are not that common compared to constrictors like a Python or Anaconda. Two they need specially trained herpetologists on hand to safely handle them. Three the potential liability if they escape lets face it a snake escaping is much more likely than one of the Nile Crocodiles escaping.

Goofyque'

Interesting this occurred in 2014. Also, having three boys, I am suspicious that the bite from a falling snake was on his finger. Sounds more like he picked it up. If they went to first aid, it was cleaned and bandaid was offered. If grandma was having a heart attack, they would have called an ambulance. But they returned to the parks.

PhotoDave219

Interesting this occurred in 2014. Also, having three boys, I am suspicious that the bite from a falling snake was on his finger. Sounds more like he picked it up. If they went to first aid, it was cleaned and bandaid was offered. If grandma was having a heart attack, they would have called an ambulance. But they returned to the parks.

That right there is why I want to read the complaint. Something doesnt make sense

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru

So a child picked something up he wasnt supposed to, suffered the consequences and now the parents are suing? Color me shocked.

JohnD

Um, they're in Florida. There are poisonous wild snakes in Florida. Rattlesnakes and Coral snakes come to mind.

Katie G

As a kid (12/13 years old) I used to volunteer at the Orlando Science Center nature works department. We were trained how to hold many animals including snakes and display them to the guests. One terrible bday party, the kid started pinching and irritating the 4 ft Florida Kingsnake I was holding for the group. I kept it's head away from them and it bit me a couple times. Scary... yes.... Damaging...no. Not a venomous snake and after cleaned and bandaged I went back and held more snakes for parties. This absolutely sounds like a cash grab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom