Family threatens lawsuit after snake bite at Disney Park

Goofyque'

If the part about the grandmother dying because of a heart attack is false I wonder how she feels about her family fabricating a story just to get some easy money.
I suspect like most lawsuits, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I believe that the grandmother probably did die, there is reference in the tv news that says something about her returning to the resort after being in the parks.

Just my take, I have told my family if something ever happens to me in the parks, to pull the magic band from my cold dead wrist, not to miss an ADR or a FP, and know that I was where I wanted to be. But that's just me. :)

MrHappy

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if these "disney employed" snakes climb trees too??? If so, this certainly can be the one that landed in front of this 'Bama family. Either that or a wild one - not a Disney exhibit that escaped...that's silly talk. No need to talk if venom or not as the story does not indicate any thing of the sort, simply it (presumably) nipped the boy and the grandmother had an emotional reaction. It would've freaked me out too!

I got bitten by some type of roid-raging ant while on the MK Train last year, stung like crazy....I'm still considering suing for a free Victoria & Albert meal ;)

PhotoDave219

If the part about the grandmother dying because of a heart attack is false I wonder how she feels about her family fabricating a story just to get some easy money.
I suspect like most lawsuits, the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I believe that the grandmother probably did die, there is reference in the tv news that says something about her returning to the resort after being in the parks.

Just my take, I have told my family if something ever happens to me in the parks, to pull the magic band from my cold dead wrist, not to miss an ADR or a FP, and know that I was where I wanted to be. But that's just me. :)

You have no idea how bad I want to read this complaint.....

MrHappy

+1 :)

dstrawn9889

Thanks for sharing this. I wonder if these "disney employed" snakes climb trees too??? If so, this certainly can be the one that landed in front of this 'Bama family. Either that or a wild one - not a Disney exhibit that escaped...that's silly talk. No need to talk if venom or not as the story does not indicate any thing of the sort, simply it (presumably) nipped the boy and the grandmother had an emotional reaction. It would've freaked me out too!

I got bitten by some type of roid-raging ant while on the MK Train last year, stung like crazy....I'm still considering suing for a free Victoria & Albert meal ;)
so you are waiting to be sure that disney cant charge you for the 'plussed experience' because you gained some kind of ant superpowers?

PhotoDave219

Considering some of what you've already posted in your new lawsuit threat, I'd say there is a lot of that going around.

This spurred me to create that thread. Might as well keep track of who's filing and what for.... especially now that its all online. And goes back years and years.

Its all public information and the only one that might have a shred of culpability is the one involving an injury on the peoplemover.

The only ones of interest last year were the employment suits out of Security.

fillerup

A question that occurs to me is why a Disney nurse would assume the bite was from a non venomous snake and simply put a bandaid on it. There would be no way of knowing what kind of snake did the biting unless the family took the critter to first aid and found some way of determining the species.

I would think you would want to err on the side of caution and either call an ambulance or urge the family to seek the attention of a hospital or doctor.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
A question that occurs to me is why a Disney nurse would assume the bite was from a non venomous snake and simply put a bandaid on it. There would be no way of knowing what kind of snake did the biting unless the family took the critter to first aid and found some way of determining the species.

I would think you would want to err on the side of caution and either call an ambulance or urge the family to seek the attention of a hospital or doctor.
Because it was probably a gecko or garden lizard that turned into a snake after the free consultation with their attorney.

Goofyque'

Anytime you go to First Aid, protocol is that they always offer to call an ambulance, or offer to provide transport to a medical facility. The family chose to go back to the parks, which indicates that no one at the time found it to be serious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom