Family claims white rabbit refused to touch kids (Disneyland)

bsiev1977

I'm sorry but those kids are jerks and their dad is laughing the whole time. Not much of a case. If the dad felt his daughter was threatened would he be laughing or trying to stop the rabbit?

Unfortunately that CM may have to be let go if they can figure out who it was. You can't threaten the guests. That's got to be the worst part of being a charter you can't say anything and "guests" seem to think it's okay to pick on them. You never see videos of "guests" picking on Face Characters.

You said it perfectly. There is really no out and out right and wrong in this case.
Both sides are wrong. The so-called "victims" seem to be just another family of &@$holes who feel entitled to do whatever they want.
On the other hand, like you said, only in the most extreme circumstances should a CM ever react like that. We're those kids being jerks? Yes. But the guy overreacted.

I wonder if it is the same CM who was in the costume for the case involving the Black family? If so, then it would seem DL needs to get rid of this guy. He seems to be a little off.

bsiev1977

While that case is infamous she did have a real case the coffee in that original case melted her skin off her thighs! It was distorted in the media. I watched a documentary Called Hot Coffee that feature the case. The pictures were horrifying! there were a bunch of other facts about the case that were also distorted. Like the fact she just wanted MacDonald's to cover her hospital bills and they refused forcing her family to take them to court.
Forgive me for not having seen this film, but why should McDs feel in any way obligated to pay her hospital bills? Did the not hold the coffee between her legs? What's the big distortion that would change my mind about the case?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Isn't is fairly common for there to be more than one friend of a character?

Isn't it fairly common practice for people to over-dub their home videos?

Cosmic Commando

Forgive me for not having seen this film, but why should McDs feel in any way obligated to pay her hospital bills? Did the not hold the coffee between her legs? What's the big distortion that would change my mind about the case?
The coffee was crazy hot. Hotter than coffee is supposed to be. She was seriously burned. It was not a ridiculous lawsuit.

novawildcat18

No!!! This thread was dead.:(
I feel like this new video is worth having discussion over. It is another case of an employee acting inappropriately, whether you (plural you, I'm in no way calling you out) want to acknowledge it or not. Yes, it is so wrong that these guests are being cruel to the performers but there is no excuse for a reaction like that. That video made me so uncomfortable to see the performer physically apprehend that guest.

Monkee Girl

I disagree with you about this video. Here is the uncut version.

After watching it and then watching the news report, it's obvious the reports cut out the stuff where the dad was TELLING the girls to "Let him have it."

To me, this video is showing a father and his two brats purposefully harassing a Disney employee. The White Rabbit was minding his own business and chatting with another family (with small children) and had no intention of doing anything harmful to these people. However, When you feel something tugging at you from behind, that sets off alarms and can be considered a threat. He didn't do anything the first time, most likely thinking it was some little kid. But the second time, which was longer and looked more forceful than the first, was the last straw. Would I have done it? I don't know…probably not because I wouldn't want to be fired. But when you have no one there, no cast member assistance, then I can understand why he did what he did. He did not hit her, he pulled her off to where kids couldn't see him and told her to stop. Would I have don't this? I don't know, it is hard to tell without being in the situation. I also love how the dad is laughing through the rabbit telling her to stop. She is even smiling, thinking the whole thing is a joke. Did she not realize she physically assaulted another human being?

I love watching character videos, especially the ones from Disneyland since they are free to roam. But the people taking the videos can be down right creepy; Girls stalk peter pan and the mad hatter, guys get funny with the princesses, teens play with the characters costumes. This is absolutely 100% unexceptable! This family should have been thrown out the minute that happened and with video to prove what happened, the rabbit would have had a case. But no, god forbid the rabbit complain about the guests.

All this video shows to me are 3 arrogant, entitled brats who think they can get some money by joining with the Black family. You may think that the rabbit was inappropriate, but tell me what YOU would do if you were a character and felt someone tug your costume. If YOU were a princess and a guy started feeling you up, do you just sit there and smile and 'play along?' or do you tell the guy to stop? I am 100% with disney on this and would use this video as self defense.

I would also like to point out that we do not know how long this was going on. It is possible that these girls could have been doing this to him all day long. Maybe it was finally time to say 'enough.'

I hope Disney wins this big time.

The Empress Lilly

This is what you get with Disney refusing to demand appropriate behaviour at their parks. People think the place is a zoo where anything goes. A place where you get to chant in public, harass employees, yell, scream, run around half naked in fountains.

See a fur character? "Go on kids, let him have it!"

HatboxGhost

This is what you get with Disney refusing to demand appropriate behaviour at their parks. People think the place is a zoo where anything goes. A place where you get to chant in public, harass employees, yell, scream, run around half naked in fountains.

See a fur character? "Go on kids, let him have it!"
The Father in the video is just as brain dead as his kids. Anyone with ANY common sense KNOWS that there is an actual human being in that suit. I feel stupid myself for even writing that, however idiots just get caught up in what they see...a white rabbit.....and think that its just a character and dont stop to think, DUH, theres a real person in there.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I've seen two versions of that same video. One, which came from a news source, included an audible "Don't even start that $#!% with me", or something to that effect, from the White Rabbit. I've never worked with White Rabbit, but I can tell you that, in general, something like that would NOT be so clearly audible. That, plus the video above where you hear nothing tells me that the White Rabbit was less in the wrong that I had original though.
Either way, though, that family all needs a kick in the rear.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've seen two versions of that same video. One, which came from a news source, included an audible "Don't even start that $#!% with me", or something to that effect, from the White Rabbit. I've never worked with White Rabbit, but I can tell you that, in general, something like that would NOT be so clearly audible. That, plus the video above where you hear nothing tells me that the White Rabbit was less in the wrong that I had original though.
Either way, though, that family all needs a kick in the rear.
Yeah...I noticed that the video had been over-dubbed the first time I watched it.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I hope that doesn't happen. It's more natural for the characters to be on their own, even the fuzzies.
I understand that but with all the law suits and the fur characters have no way to defend themselves as they can't speak it might be better to have someone around they can signal for help.

Californian Elitist

I understand that but with all the law suits and the fur characters have no way to defend themselves as they can't speak it might be better to have someone around they can signal for help.

Understandable, but Disneyland gets sued all the time. Even if the fuzzies get character handlers, they will continue to get sued, for whatever reason. I bet even with handlers, people will still find ways to sue.

awoogala

They should have handlers, security, something. I have worked at other parks as a face character, and you have no idea what kind of scary things some people will do to characters.. especially when they know you can't do much back. The disgusting and innapropriate things some men try, the kids who are encouraged to bully by their friends or parents. Security should be protecting those performers.. it can be very dangerous. (and it would prevent things like this happening without a witness)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom