Family claims white rabbit refused to touch kids (Disneyland)

Wesleyjohn

I hate that I'm drawn to this thread but I am, especially now due to the second case now being brought up. Here' s my thing. When did this society become a bunch of babies. Americans used to be tough, ready to push through despite being wronged. Why do so many look for the Quick easy out. Why can't someone just say, I want to be the bigger man, and say zip.

If anyone calls me a name on this thread, I'll sue for verbal abuse and/or harassment. Lol

StarWarsGirl

In WDW characters that are out and about would get mauled. If they hadn't been ran over first by eighty chanting and clapping Brazilians.

Quite sad really. Once upon a time, in WDW too characters would just roam about freely, interacting with guests. So much more fun thatn rigid m&g's.
So true about the Brazillians, just too many of them all in large tour groups...the Spanish speakers aren't as bad (Argentinans, Colombians, etc.) but mainly because I speak Spanish and can yell at them if they try to line jump me.

Sometimes the characters will surprise you. Genie sneaked up behind me once. He got a hug for his troubles. And Alice ran up to me to ask about my Ravens hat. She asked if the Mad Hatter made it, and I told her yes. ;)

wedway71

Anyone else notice that the rabbits are different... The one with the Black kid has a clock around his neck....but the rabbit posing with the 2 white kids(not the Black White family) has no clock around his neck... Wasnt the whole case based on the same rabbit not touching the black kids and then RIGHT after hugging white kids????? It looks as if they came back and took pics at a different time of the day..

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...eyland-character-refused-to-touch-their-kids/

HatboxGhost

I hate that I'm drawn to this thread but I am, especially now due to the second case now being brought up. Here' s my thing. When did this society become a bunch of babies. Americans used to be tough, ready to push through despite being wronged. Why do so many look for the Quick easy out. Why can't someone just say, I want to be the bigger man, and say zip.

If anyone calls me a name on this thread, I'll sue for verbal abuse and/or harassment. Lol
I think that the infamous "I burned myself with a hot cup of coffee" case/cases started alot of these bs lawsuits and gave people the idea that maybe they can actually win AND make good money from it too. Maybe, it didnt exactly start at this point but it did however open the door.

Cosmic Commando

Few things:

-All three pictures I've seen of the family show happy people standing next to the Rabbit, two of them with their arms crossed. That's not exactly inviting body language. I would think if they tried to hug White Rabbit and he recoiled, that would be specifically mentioned in the news story. I'm not positive because I'm trying to remember something that wasn't important at the time, but I feel like characters often won't hug or put their arm around you unless you initiate... it may even be something they're trained to do. I'd guess you're much more likely (and lawsuit stories in the past seem to support) to get more complaints from too much touching than not enough.

-Those pictures of the white kids are totally from different times. The second one with the bucket hat may even be WDW; tough to say for certain. It's pretty scummy the way the station packaged the story, though... they definitely implied that the pictures were of the kids that the Blacks were looking at that day.

-I'm no lawyer, but can you even sue to get a formal apology or somebody fired like this? Is that something that a judge can award in a verdict?

-Just because the Rabbit didn't hug a black person and then hugged a white person, it does not mean necessarily mean it is because of color. How would you even possibly prove why something like this happened in a legal-type way?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I think that the infamous "I burned myself with a hot cup of coffee" case/cases started alot of these bs lawsuits and gave people the idea that maybe they can actually win AND make good money from it too. Maybe, it didnt exactly start at this point but it did however open the door.
While that case is infamous she did have a real case the coffee in that original case melted her skin off her thighs! It was distorted in the media. I watched a documentary Called Hot Coffee that feature the case. The pictures were horrifying! there were a bunch of other facts about the case that were also distorted. Like the fact she just wanted MacDonald's to cover her hospital bills and they refused forcing her family to take them to court.

HatboxGhost

While that case is infamous she did have a real case the coffee in that original case melted her skin off her thighs! It was distorted in the media. I watched a documentary Called Hot Coffee that feature the case. The pictures were horrifying! there were a bunch of other facts about the case that were also distorted. Like the fact she just wanted MacDonald's to cover her hospital bills and they refused forcing her family to take them to court.
I stand corrected. I didnt realize that there was more to it.

HatboxGhost

Those pictures of the white kids are totally from different times. The second one with the bucket hat may even be WDW; tough to say for certain. It's pretty scummy the way the station packaged the story, though... they definitely implied that the pictures were of the kids that the Blacks were looking at that day.

-I'm no lawyer, but can you even sue to get a formal apology or somebody fired like this? Is that something that a judge can award in a verdict?
I have noticed things like that in the past on CNN or FOX news. They will do ANYTHING for a good, controversial storyline and it sucks that it was presented in that false manner. IF they find that the Black family is wrong, then the judge should have them make a public formal apology to Disney.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Posted this in the wrong thread earlier today, but this doesn't look too good for Disney....

I'm sorry but those kids are jerks and their dad is laughing the whole time. Not much of a case. If the dad felt his daughter was threatened would he be laughing or trying to stop the rabbit?

Unfortunately that CM may have to be let go if they can figure out who it was. You can't threaten the guests. That's got to be the worst part of being a charter you can't say anything and "guests" seem to think it's okay to pick on them. You never see videos of "guests" picking on Face Characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom