Fall is in the air :(

DormaNesbit

This could have been written by me. I hate knowing that the cold is coming. Fall, as beautiful as it can be in this area, just means Winter is on it's way. Everything is still so green and lush because of all the rain we had, but soon it will be all brown and dead. And it's going to stay that way for far too long.
And you're so right, She...this year Summer got off to such a late start, and now it seems to be ending early. We got ripped! :mad:

And according to the internet, the Farmers Almanic said our area will be having a very hard, cold, snowy winter.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
The leaves started changing here about 2-3 weeks ago. It was 43 degrees when I got up this morning and it only made it to 73 this afternoon, it's in the 50's already and should get cooler. :(

It won't be long for us to hit the forties at night I don't think as cool as it was last night. I was cold yesterday picking the last of my dying tomatoes! :( it is definately time for me to pack away the shorts.

Here in central Ohio we have had an unseasonably cool summer. I simply can not believe that summer is over because we just never had that super hot summer weather that we typically get in July/August. Fall is my favorite season but I too despise winter. If I never left the house between Christmas and Easter I would be just fine with that.

Here in Colorado it has been a very cool summer. Like 80's most days, lots of rain. This is so unusual for us because last year like everyday was in the high 90's and we were in a drought.

I am with most of the others, Fall is my fav, mild weather, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. It's the most eventful time of year it seems. The only bad thing about the fall is...school...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who got cheated out of a summer season. So much for global warming! :rolleyes:
I looooove fall.

But once this whole winter thing starts, well, that's not good. Not good at all.
See I think I would like fall if the cold frozen ground, dead tress, flowers, colds etc. thing didn't follow so close behind it.

I'm getting jealous hearing about these "unseasonably" cool summers some of you have had. Central Texas must have sucked the heat away from the rest of the country! What a crazy summer.....unseasonably cool in parts of the country, and unheard of high temps in others. We're out of balance!

It has really been a weird summer here. I have never seen summer flowers start dying so early or been able to wear jeans as much as I did this year.

This could have been written by me. I hate knowing that the cold is coming. Fall, as beautiful as it can be in this area, just means Winter is on it's way. Everything is still so green and lush because of all the rain we had, but soon it will be all brown and dead. And it's going to stay that way for far too long.
And you're so right, She...this year Summer got off to such a late start, and now it seems to be ending early. We got ripped! :mad:

Exactly Dot! I hate it when the trees lose their leaves and the grass turns all brown. It is depressing. Watching the garden go away is the worst it just started to come in really good the end of July early Auguts because of the rain and cool weather, now it is dying. The feeling of being trapped indoors smothers me because I am such a sit in the grass enjoy the sunshine type person.
I do like the hoildays especially Christmas but I just wish I could decorate a palm tree and the only white stuff I had to worry about walking in was sand not snow!
When I have to retire my flip flops (I wear them as long as I can) then I will be bummed.

I am glad for those of you that like fall.. just wish you could have it and I could keep my summer! :lol:

I hope that Farmers Almanac doesn't say we are going to have alot of snow Dorma, we have been lucky and dodged the bullet the past few years!

Wilt Dasney

This pretty much describes my feelings about spring. The season itself is pleasant enough, but knowing what comes behind it makes it a bummer for me. :lol:

I guess that's why we have a calendar. Everybody can be happy for at least a couple weeks.

mousebymarriage

And according to the internet, the Farmers Almanic said our area will be having a very hard, cold, snowy winter.
Darn it, that means I have to wear a coat:mad:! I absolutely hate wearing a coat however, I will wear gloves as soon as the weather gets a little chilly. I usually try to just wear sweaters or sweatshirts but, I will wear a coat if it is bitter cold or super windy.
Oh, and I never, ever wear a coat when driving because it makes me nuts!

lilclerk

It was cold enough to use a blanket in bed last night. It made me sad.

Darn it, that means I have to wear a coat:mad:! I absolutely hate wearing a coat however, I will wear gloves as soon as the weather gets a little chilly. I usually try to just wear sweaters or sweatshirts but, I will wear a coat if it is bitter cold or super windy.
Oh, and I never, ever wear a coat when driving because it makes me nuts!
I'm the same way!! I have a few really nice big sweatshirts that usually gets me through the winter (they are very warm! Meant for wearing outdoors all day.)

Ilovewishes

You guys are making me jealous. It sounds like you actually get distinct seasons. I live in the UK and they all just kind of melt in to one. The only way we can tell it's Summer is because the trees are green instead of bare!

We've had a couple of nice days this year, but I haven't put my winter coat away. Actually got it with me today.

I would love for the summer to be warm and the winter to be snowy and the autumn to be crisp.

I do prefer cold weather to warm weather, but I like it icy and snowy. Not wet and miserable like we get here!:(

happymom52003

99 degrees.... That's really hot there.
may I know hot hot is the hottest?

Yesterday it got to be around 101. Every summer we have quite a few 100+ days, but this summer has been extreme. All records were shattered for high temps and consecutive days with 100+ temps. Temps were reaching 105 every day for awhile. We are finally getting a break though. Only a high of 94 predicted for today, and no more 100+ temps in the forecast for the rest of the week. The highest prediction is 98 for next week.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Yesterday it got to be around 101. Every summer we have quite a few 100+ days, but this summer has been extreme. All records were shattered for high temps and consecutive days with 100+ temps. Temps were reaching 105 every day for awhile. We are finally getting a break though. Only a high of 94 predicted for today, and no more 100+ temps in the forecast for the rest of the week. The highest prediction is 98 for next week.

Good grief I can really see why you are looking forward to fall. I am happy today we are supposed to hit 80 for the rest of the weekend, then we drop back off to 60s and 70s for highs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom