Extreme Makeover: Connor's Undercover Report

Connor002

Original Poster
unkadug said:
Great job Connor. :wave: So, have the TV cameras caught you in the act of reporting the news?
(can we expect to see you being hauled/chased away on the TV show?):lol:

As far as I know, I haven't showed up yet.
But nobody knows what I look like, so I wouldn't be recognized anyway. :p :lol:
As for cameras for the actual show production, I saw one roaming around the back, there were several out front, I noticed one shooting work inside, and there was one mounted for an aerial view of the construction.

I wasn't hauled away yet, but they did bring out a security guard and stationed him between me and my chance to get closer. :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
figmentmom said:
He's got a point, Connor - in a couple of those shots, some of the crew were looking STRAIGHT AT YOU...:lookaroun

Well, it's not like I was causing a disturbance. :lookaroun
For the most part. :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
Testtrack321 said:
Hey connor, where in Philly do you live, and where is this taking place? I'm in Yardley right now.

Where I live, I'd rather not say, but I am very close to the construction, which is taking place in Northeast Philadelphia. For more info you could try checking a local news site, or PM me.

Connor002

Original Poster
Small update for today (No pictures, and I'm not sure I'll be able to get any later).

Things are very busy, and large crowds are in the area. Roofing work appears to be mostly complete. Pink housing wrap is going up along the wood frame, and the workers seem to be moving along at a steady pace. I was able to get a better look down the street (on which the house is), and I was able to count 8 motor homes (Looking similar to this), 1 Motor Coach (See: This), and a large Wawa tractor trailer (If you don't know what a Wawa is, shame on you! Click).

dandaman

Nice report, man. Love those behind-the-scenes shots!

I'm sure the nice workers were only staring at you because your keyblade was exposed. :lookaroun

Connor002

Original Poster
dandaman said:
Nice report, man. Love those behind-the-scenes shots!

I have more, but I'm too lazy to put them up right now. :lookaroun

Dan said:
I'm sure the nice workers were only staring at you because your keyblade was exposed. :lookaroun

I knew ther must have been a reason. :hammer:

:lookaroun

TiggerBW

Action News in Philly said it would air in April, but who knows if they have the correct info. :wave:

Great job! I really enjoy reading this and all!!!! :sohappy:

Connor002

Original Poster
TiggerBW said:
Action News in Philly said it would air in April, but who knows if they have the correct info. :wave:

Eh, "several months" was what action news said earlier, so I went with that. *shrug*

Connor002

Original Poster
Just for note:

Work is 24 hours a day. They have generators on site and lighting rigs set up for the entire street.

Neighbors seem, well, slightly resenting, for reasons I'll mention later.

It rained last night into this morning, so many more tents were set up, and it appears that the crew has opted to keep them up, just in case.

Connor002

Original Poster
In case anyone has lost intrest...

There. How's that for a hook? Now you know there are some interesting things to come.
Yep, and you doubted me. :cool:

:lookaroun

wbboy29

Normally it has taken about 2 months from house construction till the time the show airs. But anything is subject to change and usually does, lol

Connor002

Original Poster
I'll be honest with you, I'm just too lazy to come up with a caption for this picture.

You do realize you're supposed to have the roof begun by nightfall, right? :lookaroun

WATCH OUT BEHIND YOU! :eek:

EMHE Worker: *Whistle* Lalala... I didn't see anything... :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom