Extreme Makeover: Connor's Undercover Report

Connor002

Original Poster
Well, if you haven't guessed (or I already told you :lookaroun ) ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is filming in my area. I hope to provide a few updates and plenty of photos soon.

TiggerBW

YAY! I've been following this on the news, so exciting!
did you see the eagles website? Jeremiah Trotter is helping out!
The cast of extreme makeover went to the sixers game the other night!

Uponastar

TiggerBW said:
The cast of extreme makeover went to the sixers game the other night!

Sounds like the area's being taken over by Makeover fever! :lol:

Connor: Looking forward to your pics! :)

Connor002

Original Poster
TiggerBW said:

I've heard a lot over the past few days. I'm in a bit of overload right now, trying to straighten what's true and what's not. I actually heard someone say that they had Kermit the Frog on site, but I'm not fairly sure that wasn't quite true. :lol:

TiggerBW

Connor002 said:
I've heard a lot over the past few days. I'm in a bit of overload right now, trying to straighten what's true and what's not. I actually heard someone say that they had Kermit the Frog on site, but I'm not fairly sure that wasn't quite true. :lol:

well, my sources are: www.philadelphiaeagles.com
and
comcast sportsnet. (i watched the 76ers game and they showed the cast there - one had an iverson jersey on - the announcers said they were really into it!) I haven't heard about Kermit, but that would be cooL! I know they went to Pat's and Geno's for cheesesteaks (wpvi.com - action news) and that Ty did a whole "Rocky" scene with others too. I can't wait until it airs! (i know it's not even done yet! ha ha)

Thanks for taking pictures and all! That's great that you are close enough to do that!!!! :sohappy:

Connor002

Original Poster
TiggerBW said:
well, my sources are: www.philadelphiaeagles.com
and
comcast sportsnet. (i watched the 76ers game and they showed the cast there - one had an iverson jersey on - the announcers said they were really into it!)

:lol: I didn't doubt you.

TiggerBW said:
I haven't heard about Kermit, but that would be cooL!

I'm beginning to think that person was talking about a past show, as I recently saw a picture on Wikipedia where Kermit made a guest appearance.

TiggerBW said:
I know they went to Pat's and Geno's for cheesesteaks (wpvi.com - action news) and that Ty did a whole "Rocky" scene with others too.

I saw some the Rocky sequence, I believe they mentioned something about 22 takes before they got I right.

TiggerBW said:
I can't wait until it airs! (i know it's not even done yet! ha ha)

I've never really watched the show before, but I'll be sure to watch this one.

TiggerBW said:
Thanks for taking pictures and all! That's great that you are close enough to do that!!!! :sohappy:

I have plenty (100+ :lookaroun ), but at the moment I'm having some trouble getting them uploaded. They'll be up as soon as possible, as well as [hopefully] more in the coming days.

Connor002

Original Poster
Disnut said:
How long have they been there as of today?

I believe Thursday they closed the street down, but there did not appear to be any major work begun until Friday, and the unveiling is scheduled for Wednesday.

Connor002

Original Poster
Disnut said:
I thought maybe they took more than a week and just said they did it in 7 days. Thanks

No, it's defiantly only a week. It's amazing how quickly a house can be built when you have a bottomless supply of cash.

TiggerBW

I think they are doing it in 4-5 days!

(at least that's what they said on the news)

they were in town earlier, but didn't start. :)

Connor002

Original Poster
Well, I may as well start recounting the events now.

Let's start with Thursday.
First off, the road on which the house is/was located was closed down and barricaded to all but local traffic late Wednesday night, and has not since reopened (for obvious reasons). Not much in the form of visible work was done, but I did pass by the house and noticed a film crew doing some work filming the "before" segment of the house. Mostly likely, any remaining prep work (removing anything from the house, preparing for demolition) was done for the following morning.

Kadee

That is SOOOO COOL!!!! My daughter and I watch that show every Sunday. I can't wait for pics. Where are you exactly?

Connor002

Original Poster
TGIF!
On Friday, although I personally did not witness it, destruction of the old house began in the morning and was finished around 10-11 AM. The land was cleared and prepared for the concrete work, and at [approx.] 3:00PM concrete work began. On further inspection (see: snooping around :lookaroun ), it appeared that work was going extremely quickly. At least three cement trucks and two cement pump cranes (I'm not sure of the technical term) were on site, and more trucks were lined up to move into position as the others' loads dwindled. Also, approximately five dump tricks were lined up and hauling away waste. At around 8:00PM a large crane arrived on site, to be put to use later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom