Extra Magic Hour Gripes?

lawyergirl77

PirateJ said:
I just meant that the suggested compromise wouldn't work if the idea was to keep emh exclusive to resort guests only because then they would not be exclusive if extended to other guests.
i don't follow your logic...

ypcat said:
People who stay off site do have the opportunity to enjoy more time in the parks on EMH nights. They just can't ride the rides. Happy now?

No. the point of emh is to experience the attractions, not "just be" in the parks.

PirateJ

Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
I believe he is saying that allowing someone to "buy their way into EMH" would negate the value of the onsite perk. If so, then I agree with him.

Yes that is what i'm saying if Disney's purpose is to keep EMH exclusive...thanks for clarifying...btw I am a "she" not a "he"

Computer Magic

Maybe I'm making this too simple. If everyone was able to participate in EMH would there be a need for EMH?

Would it just be regular park hours?

Maybe that was already talked about *shrugs*

SpenceMan01

TAC said:
So...

Tell us if you get any "rewards points" for anything, or any perks or benes from some group that you belong to or work for? And if you do...tell us all what that perk gets you over someone who does not have that same opportunity.
I work for a certain large computer company (whose name consists of 3 letters) and I get a decent discount on my Sprint cell phone bill.

speck76

wannab@dis said:
I bet you may know the answer... are the 90% occupancy rates for Disney based on a full year or some season of the year? Same question for offsite hotels.

It's truly a compliment to a hotel that can maintain a 90% occupancy average for an entire year considering off-peak travel is fairly low.

Disney's occupancy runs between 78% and 88% for the year....on average

I know of one hotel that ran a consistant 93% last year

speck76

PirateJ said:
I just meant that the suggested compromise wouldn't work if the idea was to keep emh exclusive to resort guests only because then they would not be exclusive if extended to other guests.

that would be live saying "get rid of EMH and extend the hours of the park"

peter11435

Computer Magic said:
Maybe I'm making this too simple. If everyone was able to participate in EMH would there be a need for EMH?

Good Point.

PirateJ

Original Poster
AbsolutDiznee said:
Why can't they come up with a compromise where resort guests get emh for free (included in their room rate) and off-siters pay a nominal fee?

this is the compromise i'm talking about...did you people miss the memo? I am not saying that emh should be for everyone...just the opportunity should be available for everyone.

Connor002

Originally Posted by Computer Magic

i agree, what's the point if it isn't exclusive
i honestly don't see any other side to this argument, but thats just me
i see where managment is comming from, offer more incentives for thoes on site, so they have a basic monopoly over you, chances are that people arn't going to drive off site to get things like food and stuff

lawyergirl77

PirateJ said:
this is the compromise i'm talking about...did you people miss the memo? I am not saying that emh should be for everyone...just the opportunity should be available for everyone.
Actually, you could do so for about $35/night - book a campsite at Fort Wilderness and you'll have access to the EMHs! It's probably about what they would charge for the nominal fee too...

PirateJ

Original Poster
yeah and hook up my VW golf too right

lawyergirl77 said:
Actually, you could do so for about $35/night - book a campsite at Fort Wilderness and you'll have access to the EMHs! It's probably about what they would charge for the nominal fee too...

speck76

PirateJ said:

Ok

Off-siters pay a nominal fee.

This diminishes the benifit to the on-site guests, as the the parks would be more crowded.....the on-site guests would potentially have to wait longer in line.

On top of that, it runs the risk of causing off-site guest dis-satisfaction, as the attitude could be held of "you charged me $60 to get in the park, and now you want to charge me $XX more to STAY in the park.

Furthermore, it would cause WDW to staff more employees at the parks to accept payment from the off-site guests, and they would potentially have to add more employees to service the additional guests......adding further to the costs....and given the employment situation in Orlando, this would lead to more overtime, or additional employees.......both of which are a significant chunk of change.

lawyergirl77

PirateJ said:
yeah and hook up my VW golf too right

Argh - who said you actually have to stay there! Just check in and voila! Access to EMH benefits! Stop looking for insults where there are none - I'm trying to give you options!! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom