Extra Magic Hour Gripes?

wdwishes2005

ughhhh once again people need to use the proper terms. you are not forced out of the parks for EMH, its not like they hunt you down and threaten you to leave, you just cant go on rides.

objr said:
I believe that e-ride was not too popular. And in the end wasn't profitable for Disney.

I could be wrong. :)

well as an off-siter, i'm not saying i would pay for it. but as long as I had the opportunity to participate if i wanted to, it would satisfy me. Why can't they come up with a compromise where resort guests get emh for free (included in their room rate) and off-siters pay a nominal fee?

afr117

If my memory is correct, the last e-ride night I went to at Magic Kingdom only had tickets/wristbands available to on property resort or Hotel Plaza guests who had park hoppers or annual passes. :veryconfu

Shaman

AbsolutDiznee said:
well as an off-siter, i'm not saying i would pay for it. but as long as I had the opportunity to participate if i wanted to, it would satisfy me. Why can't they come up with a compromise where resort guests get emh for free (included in their room rate) and off-siters pay a nominal fee?

Stay at the resort, and the fee will be paid.

;)

PirateJ

Original Poster
AbsolutDiznee said:

That is definately a good compromise because it keeps everyone happy....on-siters get their free 'perk' and off-siters get their opportunity to enjoy more time in the parks.

However, if the goal was to keep emh exclusive...as many have suggested...this would pose a problem.

Rinxman

It really is kind of fair that only resort guests are allowed in for EMH, but don't feel to down. I was at WDW two weeks ago and EMH is no big deal. The parks are just about as crowded as they are during the day. 40 mins for SM and BTMRR, 50 mins for Space Mtn. It might be a bit better now that they have changed seasons. I really wouldn't mind paying the extra $12 for E-Night again. Much less crowded.

peter11435

AbsolutDiznee said:
can someone enlighten me on e-ride nights and why they ended it in favor of EMH? i'm not too familiar with it, but i thought you had to pay for it?? (correct me if i'm wrong) At least that gave off-siters the OPPORTUNITY to stay in the parks longer.
Actualy E-ride nights were also only for resort guests even though you had to pay.

speck76

PirateJ said:
Thank you for your kind response.

The reason I stay offsite is because
1. I really just can't afford to pay for it
2. I travel with my dog so I need pet friendly accomodations.

Well, it seems like you have a barrier due to both choice (your dog partner) and circumstance (your lack of finances)

If you can not afford to pay the price for the more expensive hotel (on-property) why should you get the benifit of exclusive ride time in the parks?

speck76

PirateJ said:
I am not complaining about discrimination in terms of starting litigation because of it. Just in terms of unequal treatment...and I mean unequal treatment of their guests...or are some guests more equal than others??

not all guests are equal.......it is a fact

move on

wannab@dis

Rinxman said:
It really is kind of fair that only resort guests are allowed in for EMH, but don't feel to down. I was at WDW two weeks ago and EMH is no big deal. The parks are just about as crowded as they are during the day. 40 mins for SM and BTMRR, 50 mins for Space Mtn. It might be a bit better now that they have changed seasons. I really wouldn't mind paying the extra $12 for E-Night again. Much less crowded.

Someone may know for sure, but I believe they ran EMH and e-rides at the same time for a while. The EMH was 1 hour in the morning at select parks and the e-ride was 3 hours in the evening at select parks. The 3 hour night EMH is a recent addition, probably because they found from research that the single morning hour was not a strong enough enticement for onsite stays. Seems like a good business decision to me to replace the e-ride with evening EMH.

speck76

objr said:
I still don't see your point on the unequal treatment...

Resort Guests:

PAY FOR ROOM (per night)
PAY FOR TICKETS
PAY FOR EXTRAS (such as food, gifts, etc)

Off-site Guests:

PAY FOR TICKETS
PAY FOR EXTRAS (such as food, gifts, etc)

This is why Disney gets people stay at their resorts for the money. And if something as simple as giving them a perk is going to get people into the resorts...then it's good for Disney. See, Disney WANTS people to feel left out...so that the next time they come...they stay on site.

On top of that, those staying on-property are more likely to not leave property for meals or souvies......those staying off-property are more than likely to catch meals and buy souvies before they get to the parks, or after they leave.

ypcat

PirateJ said:
That is definately a good compromise because it keeps everyone happy....on-siters get their free 'perk' and off-siters get their opportunity to enjoy more time in the parks.

People who stay off site do have the opportunity to enjoy more time in the parks on EMH nights. They just can't ride the rides. Happy now?

wannab@dis

speck76 said:

I bet you may know the answer... are the 90% occupancy rates for Disney based on a full year or some season of the year? Same question for offsite hotels.

It's truly a compliment to a hotel that can maintain a 90% occupancy average for an entire year considering off-peak travel is fairly low.

wdwishes2005

ypcat said:
PirateJ said:
People who stay off site do have the opportunity to enjoy more time in the parks on EMH nights. They just can't ride the rides. Happy now?

people dont seem to realize this.

PirateJ

Original Poster
objr said:

I just meant that the suggested compromise wouldn't work if the idea was to keep emh exclusive to resort guests only because then they would not be exclusive if extended to other guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom