Extra Buns Now $1.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I will probably get flamed for this but here goes anyways. When you split the meal you are using twice as many condiments on the burger bar that you didn't pay for. The bar is included for the person that bought the meal. Your kinda stealing to save money. Alright go ahead and flame away :D

While I see your point, is it called a burger bar (my whole point hinges on this, so disregard the rest if I'm wrong about the name)? If it's just called a "condiment bar", then there is no reason why I can't reasonably presume I'm entitled to condiments for my bun. Unless they explicitly indicate somewhere as to the purpose of the bar, I think spliting a double cheeseburger onto a second bun and putting condiments on that is a 'reasonable use' of the condiment bar...

Bringing my own bun, splitting the burger, and using the bar--probably not so reasonable of a use... I guess I'll just pay the extra $1.59.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I think when WDWfigment first saw the price increase, he only saw it for "the bun only" and didn't think about the extra condiments. (WDWfigment, please forgive me if I am wrong here)

Now that the point has been brought up, he as well as many others will view the cost increase in a different light.

Exactly. Given that my "Good point" was only a minute before her post, I doubt she saw it.

The price increase, in this case, probably is for the best. I'd rather the condiments remain free and have the extra bun cost more, than have them eliminate the free condiments due to abuse...

Wilt Dasney

Good point.

Wait, wait, wait...I've been on these boards long enough to know that when someone makes a "good point" at someone else's expense, the proper response is to attack them personally, obfuscate the issue with only nominally-related logic, or post a bunch of sarcastic laughing smilies and say "you totally misunderstood what I was saying, but whatever :lol::lol::wave:"....you certainly don't compliment the other person and acknowledge their sound reasoning. Where's the fun in that? :veryconfu

(Kudos, WDWFigment. You're a class act, buddy.) :lol: :wave:

disneyfan56

Wow - if you all can get WDWFigment to see the error of his ways and agree that he may have been greedy, can world peace be far behind?

brkgnews

While I see your point, is it called a burger bar (my whole point hinges on this, so disregard the rest if I'm wrong about the name)? If it's just called a "condiment bar", then there is no reason why I can't reasonably presume I'm entitled to condiments for my bun. Unless they explicitly indicate somewhere as to the purpose of the bar, I think spliting a double cheeseburger onto a second bun and putting condiments on that is a 'reasonable use' of the condiment bar...

Bringing my own bun, splitting the burger, and using the bar--probably not so reasonable of a use... I guess I'll just pay the extra $1.59.
Not to put on my @$$hat here, but if we're quibbling over two dollars worth of bun, how do we pay the dang-near $60 to get in the front door?

Besides... a day-long smushed and smuggled bun? :hurl: I'd pay the extra few bucks and get a reasonably fresh one.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Wait, wait, wait...I've been on these boards long enough to know that when someone makes a "good point" at someone else's expense, the proper response is to attack them personally, obfuscate the issue with only nominally-related logic, or post a bunch of sarcastic laughing smilies and say "you totally misunderstood what I was saying, but whatever :lol::lol::wave:"....you certainly don't compliment the other person and acknowledge their sound reasoning. Where's the fun in that? :veryconfu

(Kudos, WDWFigment. You're a class act, buddy.) :lol: :wave:

Ooo, I'm torn... this is signature worthy too! :lookaroun

maggiegrace1

I wanna put this in my signature! :drevil: :lookaroun
:lol::kiss::kiss::kiss:
Exactly. Given that my "Good point" was only a minute before her post, I doubt she saw it.

The price increase, in this case, probably is for the best. I'd rather the condiments remain free and have the extra bun cost more, than have them eliminate the free condiments due to abuse...
No..I did not see it..:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Considering the time frame..

I think Disney suspected people did this but weren't sure of how it effected them monetarily. Recently they yanked the topping bar from Electric Umbrella, and probably saw a dramatic decrease in the number of buns ordered. Really, if you're splitting at electric umbrella you're just moving the meat onto another bun, there's no toppings to be had.

Disney looks at Electric Umbrella compared to places like Pecos Bills and Starlight cafe, subtracts the number of buns purchased at Electric Umbrella from those sold at the other two, and they have roughly the number of guests who were taking advantage of the free toppings.

They note their price for toppings, do the math, and up the price of the bun to cover their costs and add some profit.

wannab@dis

I can't help it... bringing your own bun to the park?!?!! :eek:

I'm all about saving a few bucks... and I've brought snacks / juice for the kids... but I can honestly say I've never even thought of bringing (or even ordering) an extra bun.

I would think that would top the "Top 10 ways to save money on a Disney vacation" :lol:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Psst..

Sharing a drink and assuming the person you came to the park with doesn't have cooties will save you more money in the long run then worrying about buns.

brkgnews

Considering the time frame..

I think Disney suspected people did this but weren't sure of how it effected them monetarily. Recently they yanked the topping bar from Electric Umbrella, and probably saw a dramatic decrease in the number of buns ordered. Really, if you're splitting at electric umbrella you're just moving the meat onto another bun, there's no toppings to be had.

Disney looks at Electric Umbrella compared to places like Pecos Bills and Starlight cafe, subtracts the number of buns purchased at Electric Umbrella from those sold at the other two, and they have roughly the number of guests who were taking advantage of the free toppings.

They note their price for toppings, do the math, and up the price of the bun to cover their costs and add some profit.
Good post, Merf. I guarantee you this wasn't a "you know what we oughta try?" kinda thing... some bean counter earned his brownie points for this one.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I can't help it... bringing your own bun to the park?!?!! :eek:

I'm all about saving a few bucks... and I've brought snacks / juice for the kids... but I can honestly say I've never even thought of bringing (or even ordering) an extra bun.

I would think that would top the "Top 10 ways to save money on a Disney vacation" :lol:

Yeah, yeah, yeah. What can I say, I got caught up in the idea that there was over a four-fold increase of the price of the bun, without thinking about the underlying reasons (or that the "four-fold increase" was only $1.59) why it was increased.

But you think that's bad? Phhh...The time I brought my own hot dogs and tried to grill them during the PotC village burnin' totally beats it!

Oh, and I guess I owe you an argument hedging and an insult...
What I meant was that a four-fold increase is too much, considering all I do is put some ketchup on it and eat it, you cotton-headed ninny muggins!

ejud

Not to put on my @$$hat here, but if we're quibbling over two dollars worth of bun, how do we pay the dang-near $60 to get in the front door?

HUH???? How long since you've bought a ticket????

$60??? LOLOL!!!!

As to the buns, not that I care, cause I beat it all by simply not eating in the park- I go to Checkers on 192 and get a pair of double cheeseburgers for $2... and I note that back in 96 I saw a machine on property that wanted $3 for a can of Coke.

Now I grant that the condiment argument is a good point.

But I am also inclined to point out that for years, Disney has been cutting out not only all the little "secrets" and "perks" that the Guests have discovered or invented, but also has been cutting back on training, services, maintenance, upkeep; and all while raising prices quite regularly.

I reject the argument that his has anything to do with any current rise in food prices, though I am sure that is an excuse they will be willing to use if anyone were to call them on it.

Or maybe the strollers are made out of recycled food waste??? (BTW, Disney does make a profit on its trash disposal.)

Anyone here have the slightest idea of what a pin actually costs? Or what they went for at retail before Disney discovered and over-saturated this gold mine?

The new Disney is run by Wall, not Walt.

As one Senator at the Big Oil hearings last week, frustrated by hours of obfuscation, finally asked flat out, "Given the record high profits and the record high prices of gasoline, have you considered just lowering the price?"

(hmmmm... should I hit <submit reply>???)

Jud
http://iJud.blogspot.com
http://webshots.com/user/ejud2001

MissM

Recently they yanked the topping bar from Electric Umbrella, and probably saw a dramatic decrease in the number of buns ordered. Really, if you're splitting at electric umbrella you're just moving the meat onto another bun, there's no toppings to be had.

Does that mean since I order my burgers plain that I should get $1.99 off at Electric Umbrella because I'm not costing them the price of the toppings? Should work both ways!
-m

brkgnews

HUH???? How long since you've bought a ticket????

$60??? LOLOL!!!!
You're laughing out loud out loud? :shrug:

So I was actually low... Proves my point even further.

And yeah, it's been a while since I actually bought a ticket since i've had an AP for like four or five years now. Those prices go up, too.

urbanvegan

People still eat bread? Oy the carbs...:eek:

Maybe everyone could use the Atkins Diet buddy system and someone gets the bun and the other gets the nude veggieburger!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom