News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

Frank the Tank

I think there is a middle ground here extremists miss when touting “no way the ceo cares about you”... that I agree with.

That however does not exclude the idea that worker bees are employed to read, summarize, and or highlight content in reports about social media or particular subjects or trends. I can certainly see things being quoted, or attributed to certain “channels”. And over time... you can imagine repeat topics would start getting name recognition or patterns. So I say you’d be foolish to think Disney isn’t watching.... but not every bit makes it through the boil down... and the levels of aggregation I’m sure make this a more division kind of thing.

The president of the country does not sit and watch Iranian tv... but he does get briefings on what is happening on media in markets of interest.

Agreed. As I noted in an earlier post in this thread (which seems to be in moderation again for some reason), I wrote a sports blog that got a fair amount of visitors when I was writing about college sports conference realignment several years ago (where I was spurred to write mainly out of frustration that I didn’t think the mainstream media analyzed its issues correctly at all). Multiple mainstream sportswriters reached out to me and told me that the commissioner of the Big Ten and the other power conference commissioners actually read my blog. (Note that Disney, via ESPN, sends those conferences hundreds of millions of dollars per year and was instrumental on the financial side of conference realignment.)

In fact, one writer confirmed to me the exact same process in the Big Ten office that you’ve noted likely goes on at Disney and many other companies: multiple staffers would research fan forums and blogs for key insights on realignment (or whatever other pressing topics of the day) and present them to the top executives on a daily basis.

To be sure, my blog was focused on the “inside baseball” of the college sports business, so that’s why it had more of a chance of getting seen by the actual powers that be. Similarly, this particular forum is well-known for the “inside baseball” of TWDC, so it’s not a surprise that Disney executives (or their staffers) would keeps tabs here.

World_Showcase_Lover007

But how do we account for the stuff that was rejected by many here but happened anyway? Not necessarily disagreeing with the premise, just trying to talk things out.

I’m all for friendly discussion @SteamboatJoe lol... if you mean why did mgmt make certain decisions even after the fan community were opposed to such decisions, then I can only assume it is because the fan community was angry, but not angry enough to take desperate measures like picket the park, sneak in bull horns, etc. Or it could be that Chapek and company are hedging their bets and thereby don’t believe that enough people will go through with their ‘threats’. But really I don’t truly know 🤷🏻‍♂️

SteamboatJoe

I’m all for friendly discussion @SteamboatJoe lol... if you mean why did mgmt make certain decisions even after the fan community were opposed to such decisions, then I can only assume it is because the fan community was angry, but not angry enough to take desperate measures like picket the park, sneak in bull horns, etc. Or it could be that Chapek and company are hedging their bets and thereby don’t believe that enough people will go through with their ‘threats’. But really I don’t truly know 🤷🏻‍♂️
Maybe I am wrong but it seemed like the recent, negative reaction to the CBJ and the Tiki Bird rumors was a lot stronger than the generally negative reactions to some of the other changes that came to fruition. Look what happened with those. Pretty swift denials (at least in the short term) from the company.

NearTheEars

Man, I sign in for the first time in a long time to look for the Haunted Mansion thread that talked about the portraits being too bright (I agree they are) and boom!

I found the column to be incredibly hard to read and dripping with spirit-isms. So not shocked to find that he's the author. It was almost an exact summary of his rantings of the last decade with the Al Lutz accusations sprinkled in.

What a time to be alive.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Maybe I am wrong but it seemed like the recent, negative reaction to the CBJ and the Tiki Bird rumors was a lot stronger than the generally negative reactions to some of the other changes that came to fruition. Look what happened with those. Pretty swift denials (at least in the short term) from the company.

The Parking Fee thread was pretty intense. But then again it was revenue related.

bartholomr4

Seems like a no confidence vote in the CEO would be catastrophic for the stock price. I don't see Disney leadership risking that.

And a no confidence vote for a CEO in the middle of a merger, launching Disney+, having a studio which will shatter the prior annual record, because of some interaction with a fan blog? Whatever the “more is coming out” is, it must be murder....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
@Sirwalterraleigh took his place, but not as harsh. Also someone who has been conspicuously absent in the last 24 hours.

I read it last night at the Bellagio in Vegas and I found the article and the “evil” woven in it to be sophomoric at best.
I actually didn't notice Sirwalterraleigh was active during these past two days.
...but not “too much”. I dropped my Clark Kent glasses🤓

MattM

A threat is a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done.

Is asking someone to revise a previous post a threat? No.

Is advising someone that they should modify a previous post a threat? No.

Is providing a timeline a threat? No.

If you are going to continue spouting your nonsense then at least take the time to back it up with facts. A fact is a fact regardless of whether or not you accept it.
If it walks like a threat, and quacks like a threat...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom