News Expose reveals WDC control in online fan community

HmmmmmMMMmm

I was immediately pounced on by a poster named 'WinnieThePoop' who was a 'new member' and proceeded to freak out in a borderline display that some might have seen as a personal attack.
I honestly don't know what's more pathetic:
Disney hiring a group of people to attack others on behalf of the Disney Brand or grown adults using their free time to attack others because they feel personally hurt if anything they don't agree with (read: anything negative) is said about the Disney Brand.
Both happen on this site, both equally pathetic.

andysol

It’s almost like you’ve come to this site just to make accusations that you’re not tossing about elsewhere. Not unlike others around here. What a coincidence....
While amusing, I take what sock accounts are saying for what they’re worth. Which is absolutely nothing. They’re words with no weight behind them.

Tenure and reputation hold value to me, which I’d hope it would for others as well. If he wants to hop on his main account or expose his banned one, I’d be more willing to take what he/she says seriously.

Captain Chaos

Disney hiring a group of people to attack others on behalf of the Disney Brand or grown adults using their free time to attack others because they feel personally hurt if anything they don't agree with (read: anything negative) is said about the Disney Brand.
Happens on other sites too.

Ojo4

So when can we expect Bob Iger to quit and all of these conspiracy theories you're alluding to become known?

EPCOT View

One more point of order about the article:

Galaxy’s Edge in Anaheim really is a total failure. And it is a cancer on the park. It is the antithesis of Disneyland. I welcome it’s underperformance, the end of the worship of IP, and a return to theme parks being clever rather than selling out.
Although Disney can use IP's where appropriate ( as it has done since the beginning - Splash Mountain, Peter Pan, Mr Toad, 20,000 leagues ) it should not be the main focus for all the rides. The theme parks should create attractions based on new IP's ( like Pirates, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion and EPCOT's opening attractions ) using the latest ride and immersion technologies. You would be building new brands and unlimited in your imagination and not be stifled by using brands that already exist.

jt04

Nobody is forcing you to stay.

Filby61

It is an ultimatum -- and "or else" kind of thing.

It did not read well

And yet he continues to deny it. It's unfortunate to see, here and on Micechat, that individual repeatedly digging himself into a hole for want of clear communication... and then digging the hole deeper by doubling down on defense. I'm sure he means well, but he seems to have two modes of writing -- ambiguous and defensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom